Old 03-08-2013, 07:21 AM   #16  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

RE: Eggs - if you look at the nutritional content of one egg, the June 2012 sheet is NOT an typo. It takes 4 eggs to match the protein content of 8oz regular meat.

And we are still waiting to see if anyone gets the elusive updated P1 sheet
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:52 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 300/277/150

Height: 5' 4"

wow.. i didnt mean to create such a debate with my question

seeing as i have everyones attention... for anyone that has had the 4 + eggs for supper... how have you prepared it.

would i be able to make devilled eggs if i use some of the walden farms mayo? and still be ok... i would probably add in a bit of celery to the egg yolks and mayo, some paprika and a little dried mustard... then put the mixture back into the halved eggs. we are huge fans of devilled eggs here...so i think i would be ablt to eat 4 eggs worth fairly easily that way

opinions?
DannaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:56 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannaA View Post

seeing as i have everyones attention... for anyone that has had the 4 + eggs for supper... how have you prepared it.

would i be able to make devilled eggs if i use some of the walden farms mayo? and still be ok... i would probably add in a bit of celery to the egg yolks and mayo, some paprika and a little dried mustard... then put the mixture back into the halved eggs. we are huge fans of devilled eggs here...so i think i would be ablt to eat 4 eggs worth fairly easily that way

opinions?
Deviled eggs would be great, just count the celery towards your 4 cups of veggies per day.

I love making a nice, huge, fluffy asparagus omelet!

Last edited by IdealProteinNewbie; 03-08-2013 at 08:57 AM.
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:00 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 300/277/150

Height: 5' 4"

i made an omelet yesterday for lunch with 1 egg + 2 egg whites.. I sauteed mushrooms and green peppers in a little EVOO, sea salt and mrs dash..then poured the eggs over. So yummy!!! I didnt miss the cheese at all!
DannaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:26 AM   #20  
Started IP 01/01/13

S/C/G: H-247/S-187.2/ C-137.2/G-125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
RE: Eggs - if you look at the nutritional content of one egg, the June 2012 sheet is NOT an typo. It takes 4 eggs to match the protein content of 8oz regular meat.

And we are still waiting to see if anyone gets the elusive updated P1 sheet
I appreciate all the egg info, because a veggie omelet is a nice change for the protein requirement sometimes. I am clear that the newest Phase 1 sheet says 4 whole eggs equal a dinner protein, and if the sheet says it's ok, it's ok, BUT until this discussion, I have been staying away from eggs since I took note that the nutritional values for eggs put them above the 30% fat guideline... if one egg has 70 calories and 5 grams of fat, aren't more than 50% of the calories fat (and I thought we should stay under 30%)? I've been logging my meals on My Fitness Pal and trying to stay within the guidelines by pre-planning (because although I thought I was really rocking this diet, it was an amazing eye opener once I tried entering my meals there... seemed I was always over in fat and carbs, even if I wasn't over in calories). I know I've read in the past just to follow the sheet and not worry about the details, but I've also read your guidelines Scorbett on calories/fat/carb grams (and you are one of my IP heros ). I don't worry about the carbs as much because I know MFP logs all carbs and not net carbs, and I've yet to find a way to adjust to net carbs that stays fixed. I tried editing an item to net carbs and saving in "My Foods"... over and over, and it just doesn't seem to save. So I guess my second question is, does anyone know how to edit to net carbs on MFP and make it stick? Or is the only way to add a food to the data base and label it that way? Thanks
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:59 AM   #21  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareBird View Post
I appreciate all the egg info, because a veggie omelet is a nice change for the protein requirement sometimes. I am clear that the newest Phase 1 sheet says 4 whole eggs equal a dinner protein, and if the sheet says it's ok, it's ok, BUT until this discussion, I have been staying away from eggs since I took note that the nutritional values for eggs put them above the 30% fat guideline... if one egg has 70 calories and 5 grams of fat, aren't more than 50% of the calories fat (and I thought we should stay under 30%)? I've been logging my meals on My Fitness Pal and trying to stay within the guidelines by pre-planning (because although I thought I was really rocking this diet, it was an amazing eye opener once I tried entering my meals there... seemed I was always over in fat and carbs, even if I wasn't over in calories). I know I've read in the past just to follow the sheet and not worry about the details, but I've also read your guidelines Scorbett on calories/fat/carb grams (and you are one of my IP heros ). I don't worry about the carbs as much because I know MFP logs all carbs and not net carbs, and I've yet to find a way to adjust to net carbs that stays fixed. I tried editing an item to net carbs and saving in "My Foods"... over and over, and it just doesn't seem to save. So I guess my second question is, does anyone know how to edit to net carbs on MFP and make it stick? Or is the only way to add a food to the data base and label it that way? Thanks
LOL thanks Remember that the guidelines posted had more to do with finding alternative protein PRODUCTS and not referring to the meat sources - processed fats vs naturally occurring fats. Yes, eggs are going to be higher in fat, but so are some cuts of meat. Some fat is still good for us, and just like I don't feel the least guilty eating a nice cut of steak once in a while, I feel the same way about having a big omelet for dinner

RE: Net carbs on MFP, I haven't found a good way to change it on their system, so I just added fiber to the list of nutrients I track. Then I can do the subtraction myself

Last edited by scorbett1103; 03-08-2013 at 10:59 AM.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:01 AM   #22  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

opinions?
Sounds good. I think that's about the only way I'd be able to eat 4 eggs in one sitting.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:12 AM   #23  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

opinions?
Okay, sorry for my mis-information... That's what my sheet says 2+2, and that's what I've been eating since I started.

For the, what would you make with all that egg...I would make egg fu yung. I love the stuff, and make it with the plain omelet mix IP pack.

Choose whatever veggies you like diced up in small cubes, throw in a cup or so of fresh bean sprouts, and fry like an omelet.
leannekarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:33 AM   #24  
Started IP 01/01/13

S/C/G: H-247/S-187.2/ C-137.2/G-125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
LOL thanks Remember that the guidelines posted had more to do with finding alternative protein PRODUCTS and not referring to the meat sources - processed fats vs naturally occurring fats. Yes, eggs are going to be higher in fat, but so are some cuts of meat. Some fat is still good for us, and just like I don't feel the least guilty eating a nice cut of steak once in a while, I feel the same way about having a big omelet for dinner

RE: Net carbs on MFP, I haven't found a good way to change it on their system, so I just added fiber to the list of nutrients I track. Then I can do the subtraction myself
Whew... Thanks! I've been trying to stay within 30% of fat calories for the entire day including the naturally occurring fats, and that sure ain't easy some days, lol. Thanks for the MFP tip... didn't notice I could do add fiber, but I'll try that!
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote