UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 02-25-2013, 04:29 PM   #1  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 314.15/289.9/150

Height: 5"8

Default I'm Still Standing!!

Hello to all my lovely UK fat chicks!!

Oh how I've missed you!!

Right, first of all. I saw 289lbs just before Christmas!! WOOP WOOP right? Wrong!! After being what I thought was relatively restrained over Christmas and New Year, I plonked myself on the scales and, to my horror was back to 300lbs or there abouts.
I was sooooo freaking angry!
Anyway, I dusted myself off and started again. The best I've seen on that pesky machine is 293lbs... GRAAAAGH!!! As of today I'm back up to 298lbs... BUT and this is a HUGE BUT... I've been working out... A LOT!! I've got the bug...

I'm getting ahead of myself here...

Ok, a couple of weeks ago I was introduced to Roller Derby. After going to my first bout and told that we had a team locally that does open training sessions I thought I'd give it a go. I used to skate every week... up until about 7 years ago. So perfect right? Bah!! My confidence was non existent on those skates and as a result, I fell on my butt twice. The second time being the damage do-er.
I was in agony the next day, and must have really hurt myself because i'm pretty sure Shock hit me. I had the shivers, and a v.high temperature, couldn't eat, couldn't sleep or move or ANYTHING!!
Anyway, I'm on the mend now, as its really only a trapped nerve near my tail bone. I've been told to lay off the skates for at least another 2 weeks and do light exercise as much as possible.

Which leads me to the workout bug...

I'm in love with Daniel and Kelli from FitnessBlender on youtube and facebook.
They have 100's of workout vids, all full length, all free!! There are low impact cardio routines and beginners strength training (perfect for me right now, and I'm loving it) all the way to HIIT cardio, kickboxing, and yoga...
I love it so much I actually did pretty much a whole hour today, (the low impact cardio and beginners strength training at half an hour each), however I made it 20 mins through the cardio after my strength training (as my back had enough for one day). But hey!! It's so much better than what I was getting done on the Wii Fit!! And the best part? I don't hurt as such, the back is a little twingy, but that's "normal" at the moment lol

Oh there was one NSV I did want to tell you about.

In November I did my measurements. And I completely forgot about them until I was watching a video on youtube. So I went and got the tape measure...
In total I lost 10inches!! And mainly from my waist!!
And since Wednesday of last week (20/02/2013) I've lost another inch from my waist... Proof enough that exercise is the way to go for me, and that we should allow the scales to dictate lives. We spend so much time stressing about that dang number, that we forget the real reason as to why we're doing this!!

Anywho... I'm gonna run as I'm also doing a weight loss vlog on youtube now (channel name is LozzCowell), and I need to get a crack on with this weeks instalment.

So sorry I've been a.w.o.l for so long, but I've been pretty busy and there's other stuff to tell you about but I'll leave that for now.

Huge hugs to all my old 3fc guys and gals and a big HELLOOOO to all the people I've yet to meet
LozzCowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:11 AM   #2  
Aini Clive

Height: 5ft2in

hmm cool.... Look like you are going to remove your name from (now what word should I write here Confused)chicks. Reduce your fat before you start feeling bored of yourself. UK is highly under pressure due to day by day increasing obesity rates.

Last edited by ainiclive; 03-14-2013 at 03:48 AM.
ainiclive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:48 AM   #3  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 314.15/289.9/150

Height: 5"8

Angry

What the heck is that response supposed to mean?! I don't appreciate it what so ever. "Remove my fat before I start feeling bored with myself"?! Pfft pleeease!! I'm doing all this not for the nhs, not for my fiancee, but for myself. I've worked damn hard to lose these inches and I'll be a monkeys aunt if I'm gonna let people like you bring me down. I've had people like you trying to hold me back all my life, and its only until recently that I decided to cast you lot out. So with that, I say goodbye and block you, as your negative comments have no place here. May even report you if the feeling takes me. GOOD DAY!!
LozzCowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/172/140

Height: 5' 4"

Hi LozzCowell - I'm not sure what the above reply was about either, but their profile says they are an 'aspiring writer' with 'strong writing skills', so maybe they'll be back to explain themselves with a bit more clarity!

Anyway, ignoring their comments for the moment, I wasn't here when you were before, but hi and how's the exercising going?
Cofa Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:51 AM   #5  
Aini Clive

Height: 5ft2in

hey LozzCowell... I am doing research over obesity rates in UK and I was shocked to see the increasing rate. seriousy I am not against this but looking at all those things which start happening after crossing that word limit . I just want to be helper to tell every one If they love themself Just make themself fit and perfect not to remove all that (word I can't write)Just stay fit and enjoy their life much longer. Really didn't mean to hurt your feeling . My best friend is like you honey. I love her so much
ainiclive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:15 PM   #6  
Drive away-not drive thru

S/C/G: 324/ticker/176

Height: 5'11

ainiclive: I still have no idea what you're trying to convey. The statements are impossibly worded. "My best friend is like you" is a terrible way of making someone into an "Other". Please refer to the Wikipedia entry on Othering, specifically the Imperialism part...

LozzCowell: Congrats on the inches lost. I so wish that I would have taken proper measurements earlier on, but oh well! Welcome back and I wish you success in the coming year!
HealthyTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:39 PM   #7  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

ainiclive: I think you have a long way to go before you can call yourself a writer dear (In English... I feel like it is your second language, my apologies if I am incorrect)... Sorry, but whatever your thoughts were, however good the intentions may have been, you did not convey them well at all. Be careful in how you word things!!!

LozzCowell: on the inches lost!! I need to take proper measurements right away and MAD PROPS to the roller derby! One day I will give it a try, I might be too much of a wussy though Congrats and keep it up.
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote