South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-06-2013, 05:04 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7.5"

Thumbs up going for south beach again...update me pls.

At one time I had the first 3 editions of south beach,now i only have the 2003,and have donated the other two. Today I picked up a sb cookbook for"fast,easy meals "at the library and it looks like it will work better...easier fast meals so I'm not living in the kitchen. This winter I lost 14lbs then I bought new crop pants/tops etc.even bras and panties.. and gave the fatter cloths (nice ones) to a womans shelter. Now, I've put back on some weight,and the newer clothes are a bit tight....so I'm beaching it again w/all you girls. I will not buy bigger sizes like the ones I gave away,won't go back,so I'm here.Some names I see are familiar..as well as some new. This is a good place,thank you for being here and supporting all of us. I may have forgotten some stuff,so please if you catch me in error according to the book,pls. let me know. I am excercising now,last time I wasn't but I still lost 14lbs in phase l...I was stoked at that;next time 2wks. I lost seven...big diff,but was very happy. Now I'm older so it'll be slower for sure,but don't want to get down,or lose faith,OR worst of all give up.
Hi all, nice to 'see' you..let's get to work./
choices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:33 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome back. Check out the Revised Food lists in the stickies. Some things have changed since 2003. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd-...ay-2008-a.html and exercise has now been added to Phase I.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Welcome back.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #4  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

back!

Post often and feel free to use the search feature too! Search the forum for a wealth of information!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:19 PM   #5  

Welcome back! This is a great place to be. I agree with not buying bigger clothes. It always helps me to be miserable in my too-tight clothing for a few days. ( Gives me the incentive to get busy and get the lbs off! )
shortchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:20 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7.5"

Default thanks chicks for the welcome back

It's good to be back..day 4 and feeling good. You probably have heard of Kalyn's Kitchen for recipe ideas, if not It's a great blog. Tonight I had the baked chicken w/pesto,and mortz.cheese..definitely a keeper forever..if you like pesto that is. Check it out. Breakfast as always has never been my strong suit,but b4 this 2wk. I had yogurt and fruit..now, I'm doing left overs from the night b4,or my homemade veggie soup...don't want to be cooking first thing in the morning. If you've found a on program/easy peasy recipe pls. let me know..I'm reading the latest sb book from the library and it doesn't seem much as changed as far as foods go. I did borrow the excercise tape,and will check that out tomorrow. I'll report back. Laters....
choices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:49 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

I alternate between egg muffins (make ahead), Greek yogurt with almonds or smoothies. Most mornings I need a grab and go breakfast. Check out the recipe threads for breakfast ideas
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote