Old 03-02-2013, 09:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 185.5/175/142

Height: 5'6

Default March 2013

Hi yall...Yep, I've been slacking...But I am back into the full swing again. I'm trying the fiber drinks that MRC sells to keep me full in between meals. Has anyone tried these?

I want to lose 20 more pounds before my son's wedding in June. I know I have the time...but I need the willpower.

Chocolate is the
cmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225.5/179/150

Height: 5'8"

cmarty - way to get back on track! Here's some for you!

March started out terrific for me, I weighed in today 2 lbs lighter which puts my total at -21.5 lbs!!!! I signed the 20 lb board, got my pretty new -20 lb bracelet and I'm wearing a huge grin that won't stop.

How's everyone else doing?
Work In Progress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 305/see ticker/140 ish

Height: 5'7

Default Happy March

I lost 23 lbs as of the 25th of February, but haven't been on plan much the last week - dreading my weigh in, as - while I'm sure I haven't gained (I weigh every day) - I have definitely slowed my weekly average.
SCStxRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 225.5/179/150

SCStxRN - Way to go for losing 23 lbs so far!!!
Work In Progress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 260/174/160

Height: 5' 5''

I've been out of pocket for a few weeks traveling, but am happy to report that I've now lost 31 pounds in 8 weeks! I've been tested in so many ways (Disney World, airplane travel, two illnesses, kids, etc.) but I found a way to persevere through all of it so far! I know all of us on here have struggled to find that inner strength in the past. It's there...we just gotta dig deep sometimes to find it. The meal replacement shakes have been incredibly helpful through the past few weeks. 2 cups of ice, 2 cups of water, a meal replacement packet, and a packet of lemon HNS makes a 32 oz. shake. It's all I can do to drink all of it. Super helpful on those crazy days!
peg51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:03 PM   #6  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

SCStxRN,

A 23 lb loss is super!

My March has not started off great. Last Wednesday night, DH and I had a meeting and stopped at a Shoney's in the town where the meeting was. I ate completely on plan except I ate a soup bowl of stewed tomatoes. They must have had sugar in them because I was out of ketosis the next morning when I tested and I have not been able to stay on plan well enough to get back in ketosis. I haven't eaten bad, just more carbs than I should be. Hopefully I am headed back in the right direction though. At lunch, I ate a little more rice than I should have, but after eating, I got nauseated and threw up my lunch so I am assured that nothing hurt me on that meal. I did good on Saturday as well so maybe by Tuesday at least I will be back in ketosis and burning my own stored fat. I have unexplained nausea from time to time so I'm sure that was just the problem. I was going to the pool to exercise today because my neighbor said it was open, but it wasn't so I have to make it to the pool tomorrow evening, no excuses!
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #7  
I can do this!

S/C/G: 242.5/137.5/145

Height: 5'3

So close to my goal and my weight loss has really slowed down. I know that it is supposed to do this but sometimes it is so frustrating because I am so dang close! I never know from week to week what I am going to lose, it used to be I at least had an idea and I was usually right. Now, I never know if it will be a half pound or 2 lbs. Trying to exercise more but it seems like the scale doesn't budge. Anybody else experience this when getting really close to their goal? Any ideas on what to do about it?? I probably just have to keep SLOWLY truckin...
dkdaisybutters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 230/230/165

Height: 5'9"

I've had my second weigh-in so far. According to their weigh-in, which happens later in the day, I'm down 8 lbs. By my measurements, which happen exactly when I want them to, first thing in the morning after a potty break :-), I'm down 11 lbs. I definitely think I like my weigh-ins better. They haven't checked my inches yet, but I'm positive a lot have been lost. I go in for another weigh-in tomorrow, but I'm a little nervous. I've been at a conference for the past couple of days and either get in too late to eat or don't have access to any of my options. Packing a lunch isn't really an option. I haven't been eating any massive meals or anything, just nothing from the choices I'm allowed on my plan. Wish me luck!
MsHunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #9  

Cogratulations and way ro go Ms, Hunny, RN. and work in progress!

Does anyone exercise much...when I dont I still lose about 2 and half pounds just dieting..One week I went crazy with the evercise and I didin;t lose anything...explain that? At the center they said I put my body in starvation mode..but the following week I lost 4 and half pounds and four the next week.

So I started back the exercise this week... this time walking instead of running. I do 4 miles a day, I guess we will see what the scale says.

Last edited by cmarty; 03-04-2013 at 05:54 PM. Reason: words
Old 03-04-2013, 05:59 PM   #10  

Peg..thanks for the idea about the meal replacement shake..sometimes I get in a crunch.. the bars do not hold me over.

WOrk in progress.. that will power dust is working girl,,Thanks!
Old 03-04-2013, 08:23 PM   #11  
I can do this!

S/C/G: 242.5/137.5/145

Height: 5'3

Weighed in today and have lost 92.5 lbs and 102 inches!!

csmarty-I used to find the same thing when I exercised I would still lose the same amount of weight or none at all, I wonder why. It is good you lost more the next week though because I never had that happen,kudos to you! I was told by MRC that after exercising you retain water so maybe that is what happened. Also the meal replacements are really good with coffee if you like coffee. The only bar that I feel satisfied with is the cinnamon crunch one, all the rest never keep me full.
dkdaisybutters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 226/214/140

Default Slow progress

Hi all. Alittle discouraged but hanging in. I've been on the plan for about 42 days and only down 12 lbs. I know I've lost inches but after reading some of your post about the amount you have lost in about the same time frame as mine makes me want more pounds off!
I've had a few off plan moments but not enough to make my weight lose this slow. I am having a hard time getting the 80 oz of water in but working towards that goal.
I'm taking the big three,a multi vitamin, essential and krill. Hopefully things will pick up. At this pace I dont think I'll make my 72 pounds goal by July.

Last edited by Dcar; 03-05-2013 at 09:51 AM.
Dcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:01 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 230/230/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcar View Post
Hi all. Alittle discouraged but hanging in. I've been on the plan for about 42 days and only down 12 lbs. I know I've lost inches but after reading some of your post about the amount you have lost in about the same time frame as mine makes me want more pounds off!
I've had a few off plan moments but not enough to make my weight lose this slow. I am having a hard time getting the 80 oz of water in but working towards that goal.
I'm taking the big three,a multi vitamin, essential and krill. Hopefully things will pick up. At this pace I dont think I'll make my 72 pounds goal by July.
Don't allow yourself to get discouraged. We, as humans, and especially women, judge ourselves by others' progress. My body is different from yours and every other woman on this thread. Sometimes, it's just about finding what works best for you and tweaking it as you move along. The first thing I would tell you to do is change your method of thinking. If you keep thinking you won't make your goal, you won't be as motivated to do so. Find your motivation and use it in every way you possibly can. My weight loss has slowed a little. I expected it do so, even though "they" said I could lose about a pound a day. That just means I have to be careful to make sure I follow my plan as closely as possible. Drink your water. I've discovered that it is just as important as they say it is. You have 3 full months to make your goal. Make the best of it. Remember, you didn't just wake up overweight; it happened over time. It's gonna take just that to get it gone. I also realized that I have to be realistic about my goals. If it seems too drastic, I know I have to give myself more time. I'd rather be healthy while losing than to lose too fast and end up back in the same boat in which I started. I'm not sure what plan you're on, but sit back and really look at it and the results you can realistically expect. When you put too much pressure on yourself, it makes your goal that much less achievable. I wish you all the best on your journey! Smile; you made the most important decision of your life when you decided to save it!
MsHunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:54 PM   #14  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcar View Post
I finished my weight loss journey so hope you can trust from my perspective that regardless of individual week weight loss, it really does even out and altogether you get pretty rapid results with this program. But looking at the stats you've given, 12 lbs in 42 days, that's exactly 2 lbs/week which is fantastic! Nothing to sneeze at - seriously. Be grateful for that.

Also, I caution you not to fool yourself into thinking that off moments won't slow your weight loss down. This is a very specific plan for a reason - there is a science behind the combinations and amounts of foods allowed. My one off day during my journey set me back close to three weeks (gain that week, burned back off second week, finally below pre-off day weight by third week).

That being said, if you can do an off moment here and there, and are still losing, than just be happy with getting the best of both worlds (cheats and losses!). And yes, get that water in!
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #15  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

My weigh-in was great! I posted a 4.5 lb loss since last Thursday. Out of the 190's. My new goal is to see the 170's.

dkdaisybutters- WOW what amazing numbers you posted. That is great!

MsHunny- 8 or 11 lbs is a great start. I find that if I weigh-in after lunch I am always 1-2 lbs heavier. I guess it is all that water I drink. Water is heavy.

Dcar- Keep the faith. Stay motivated and the numbers will show it.

Cmarty- I find that I lose more weight if I stick to my exercise plan. It works for me.
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote