Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 03-04-2013, 06:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 282/271/165

Height: 5'7

Default Yay finally time for soup.

Hi guys its finally autumn here in n.z! Yay,
so I thought I came up with a great plan for my lunches this week, I made a big batch of pumpkin soup, with our new season buttercup pumpkins.

It came out delicious! So delicious that my daughter had 3 bowls of it! And then my mum had some and of course I had some,
but now I am left with only a small bowl for tomorrow!lesson learned, I need to make a much bigger batch!

So, what's your favourite soup?
Nzgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Wanna share your recipe ?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 282/271/165

Height: 5'7

Okay it's super easy. ,
chop up 2 onions and grate 2 carrots and cook them in a fry pan with 1-2 tablespoons olive oil, until softish,
chop your pumpkin/squash into chunks and add to the pan.

Then pour over a couple cups of stock. I just used 2 vege stock cubes and 2 cups boiling water.
Put the lid on and let it simmer until the pumpkin is soft. Then i put it in the blender but you can use an immersion blender.
Then season with salt and pepper and any spices you like, I tend to use morroccan or Cajun seasoning. This is a thick soup, you can always add extra water to thin it out.
I had 1 and a 1/4 butternut pumpkins, But you can also use sweet potato or a combination of the two.
Nzgirl is offline   Reply With Quote