Old 02-11-2013, 05:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 309/194/145

Default back again starting over

I am starting over losing weight and inches. I was last on the site early last year. I am almost 41 years old. Bday next week. lol I gained 50 lbs in this past year. I was overweight to begin with. I am hovering around 300 lbs now. Reason I say hovering is I have not weighed myself in a few days and at last check was 299. My husband and I have had two friends and one of their kids move into the house mid year, we already have 3 kids so its a full house. Stress eating is not my friend that is for sure. The healthy way we were eating went on the wayside quite a bit. There is more junk food in the house which isn't helping. I had stopped exercising. I started last week on doing some squats and using those weight balls(forgot what exactly they are called). I thought I should come back to the website. I have high blood pressure, thyroid disease and cholesterol problems.
SnowAngel72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:31 PM   #2  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Welcome back! Have you decided on a plan? I am a calorie counter.

We're in the middle of a Valentine's Day challenge now and will be starting a St. Paddy's Day one shortly..think about joining us!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 309/194/145

Thank you. I am not sure yet. I plan on getting back to eating the way we did before, going to bed earlier and getting up earlier like we used to do. I used to be more active and I need to figure out what I want to do. I know that for me if I start with weights that I will have an easier time but I also need to get my cardio back in shape. I will be doing little goals at first. The St. Paddys Day challenge will help.
SnowAngel72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 382/372/182

Height: 5'11.5"

Hi--looks like we have a whole lot in common. I just started back after over a year in the beginning of last month as well. I am so happy I started back. I'm down 25 lbs and am determined to contiunue this change of lifestyle--it's an awesome feeling. I wish you the best of luck--feel free to look me up for moral suport if you need some
jewelergirl777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:34 PM   #5  

Welcome back! Since you are the lady of the house, make the rules No more junk food!!!
nomorejellybeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

This looks like the thread for prodigals coming home. I can't remember the last time I was here. I got married a couple years ago and my life has changed a lot. DH has not always been the most supportive of my efforts but I think he is starting to get the picture. I've cooked 2 healthy meals this week and he ate them and enjoyed them. I can't even bring myself to get on the scale right now. One step at a time.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 291/240.6/147

Height: 5'7"

Hi! I'm also back and starting over. We're close to the same age and start weight, maybe we can encourage each other.
TheSecondHalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:33 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 198/198/150

Height: 5'2"

I am back for the first time since 2006! I too can just not stay motivated and am looking for a more lifestyle change than a "diet". I don't want to be stuck eating rabbit food or counting calories for the rest of my life! I want to get more active and just make smarter choices while still enjoying a "bad" day now and then. My main roadblock is a husband and teenage son who dislikes most veggies and healthy eating in general, not to mention the larger portions they tend to want and then I get competitive and feel I miss out if I don't have seconds also.

Sweets are not a big deal to me, I rarely eat or make desserts and I don't snack alot. I actually have a bad habit of going most of the day not eating and then being famished at dinner and then eating much more than I should. Which I KNOW is bad, but very tough to break. I also don't tend to snack after dinner so I think much of my weight is due to my sedentary lifestyle and the fact that my food choices lean towards fried foods or cheese dishes as apposed to sweets or sugary.

Good luck to everyone and I hope this time I can accomplish something with the support system here!
RhondaHTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:02 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

Stress is a big factor in gaining weight. I know that when life was nothing but stress, all I wanted to do was eat, eat, & eat some more. Life isn't any less stressful than it was say a year or so ago. Fact is, in some ways it is more stressful. But eating better & exercising regularly actually HELPS with the stress. I make time to take a walk each day...it's kind of my time to focus on nothing but getting away, moving my body, enjoying fresh air & just be.
Stress is never going to go away. The only real thing we can do is make sure our mind & body is in it's best possible shape to handle it. I believe that eating right & exercise helps you fight stress.

RhondaHTX, not like veggies? I simply cannot comprehend that. Yes, growing up I wasn't a fan of veggies, but still at least tried whatever my mom put in front of me. I can honestly say there are really only 2 or 3 that I don't enjoy. Have they ever REALLY TRIED them? Far too often when I hear people don't like veggies, I wonder have they actually tried them? And tried them in different ways? Steamed, grilled, fresh.

I also worry about how not eating healthy can & WILL effect their health in the future. I'm sure they love the red meats, prepackaged meals, snack foods, fast food & all the rest. Foods that is full of fats, sodium & other things that can cause big issues in the future. If you've followed any of my posts you know that my hubby has been having major issues with his health....most of which I think goes directly back to OUR poor eating habits & OUR lack of exercise. Diabetes, HBP, muscle/joint aches, poor sleep quality, fatigue...H was recently diagnosed with a heart condition that requires him to get a pacemaker. Believe me, this is NOT something I wish upon anyone. Just because you think it won't happen to you, doesn't mean that it won't. Sorry to say.
If you love someone & they love you, you'll want to be together for as long as possible. Not only do you want to be together as long as possible, you want that time to healthy, happy...not running back & forth to drs offices & hospitals! I've spent nearly every day off over the last 4 months taking H to appts., testing & picking up medicines. IT IS NOT FUN!! I'd really rather go camping! Go see the ocean which we haven't seen in years.
Think about it. Is there something you'd love to do with your spouse or your child but there is something that might hold you back? Can't go to Disneyland because you are too big to fit in the rides? Can't go hiking in the mountains because you can't even walk up a flight of stairs?
I encourage EVERYONE on this board...if you have loved ones who aren't eating healthy or exercising, HELP THEM! It's not worth it! Sore joints & muscles are just one thing...but when things like diabetes, HBP & other health conditions pop up it's scary. That double cheeseburger, fries, candy, ice cream & all the rest is SOOO NOT WORTH IT! Poor eating habits & lack of exercise will end up biting us all in the backside! It is easier to prevent these issues than to cure them. I know!!!! I'll step down now...
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:25 PM   #10  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Rhonda~I was interested in your comment about the competitive, eating what they eat, figured out if DH and I eat the same, he can lose and I will gain, we're just not the same, so can't eat the same.

I'm a starter-overer...I restarted for the umpteenth time in July-ish, and have been very successful and feel like it's for good this time, so I say start over as many times as you need to, it'll stick!!

best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:04 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 198/198/150

Height: 5'2"

MrsTryingAgain, I didn't say I didn't like veggies, I love most and in all ways, it's the husband and son that don't care for them....and yes, I've raised my son to try everything. He's a great eater....has always loved the "odd" stuff that most kids won't touch! But both guys would much rather eat the meat and potatoes than the side of carrots or green beans!

Kelijpa, yeah I know guys have higher metabolisms than women, unfortunately, and that might fly if he was 6' or something, but on a good day he's 5'2" or 3". And he's got a bit of a gut himself. So we are about the same height and our son seems have gotten our short genes, as he's 15 and has just hit 5'. LOL. So they need a bit more food than me, but not the sheer amounts they sometimes eat!
RhondaHTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:21 AM   #12  
Flab be gone

S/C/G: goal weight 60kgs

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi All
I too am starting over AGAIN. Am not going to weigh myself this time...i will know i'm losing as my clothes start getting looser!!
Too many times i've become addicted to the scales and the little numbers that can ruin my day.
My promise to myself is to eat healthy, smaller meals, snack on the good things like fruit and vegies and get out and walk walk walk.
Sneaking healthy brown rice and brown pasta into the family meals and introducing finely chopped vegies into lots and lots of different recipes means the family is benifiting too.
fiona46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:00 PM   #13  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

fiona, totally understand not getting on the scale..maybe pick one dress or pair of pants that you try on every few weeks to gauge progress...best of luck!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 217/206/150

Height: 5'4

I just can't believe how many times I have lost weight, regained weight and then had to start over... I am back again on this weight loss journey. We can do this.
Agalinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:55 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 175/169/145

It is hard starting over and becoming motivated. I seem to have lost my motivation during these last 6 months also.
lyv33 is offline   Reply With Quote