PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 03-01-2013, 05:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Default Whole30 - March 2013

Hello PCOS Readers!

This thread is just for myself, to hold myself accountable for what I'm currently eating.

I believe in Paleo-style of eating, strongly, based on what I've read on PCOS and what helps and doesn't help. I'm going to try to keep this thread updated (maybe not every day) as a way to keep track of everything that's going on.

I woke up today and weight was at 170. I don't know how this happened, except that some of it may be water weight, maybe not. But the point is not whether it's water weight or not, but rather that my clothes are fitting tightly and that's not the plan for me!

So, if anyone wants to join me in the PCOS community, feel free.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:01 PM   #2  

I shopped for the week today, lots of vegetables, berries, and meats to keep me through the week. The boyfriend told me last night he's going to eat my Paleo meals too which is a great help. I'll start cooking today and tomorrow to make meals to last me through the initial days of the week (the early part of the week is crazy for me usually) and then I can pick up the slack on Thursday for the remainder of the day through Friday.

I'm committed because while the scale was still 170.0 lbs today, it's still 170 lbs and that's not a number I wanted to see again.

And my clothes are fitting tight.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:09 AM   #3  

I was really struggling last night. The cravings for anything carby were strong, but I knew I wasn't hungry.

Dinner was a new recipe of balsamic chicken and stir fried bok choy. The chicken was bland, so definitely not doing that recipe again.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:01 PM   #4  

I made a delicious beef stew for lunch today. Amazing! Granted, I was also super hungry, so I'm sure that helped. No flour to thicken the sauce, no wine to add taste, and yet, it was very delicious. I will be making it again!
Old 03-05-2013, 10:44 PM   #5  

Made it through even though I was less prepared than I thought. Water weight is dropping, down a couple of pounds already.

Weighed in at 167.4 this morning.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #6  

It's still more or less working for me. I've had some major cookie cravings the other day, which I successfully avoided (I don't have any "free" cookies around me and I'm less willing to buy one).

I also forget and then remember how crucial planning is for this.