Old 01-22-2013, 03:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: See sig...

Height: 5'8

Default When I lose the weight (Clothing)

I'm going to buy and wear the living heck outta this coat:

Clothes are my #1 motivation for my weight loss.

Health? Meh.

Give me low rise echo jeans and a form fitting button down shirt from Calvin Klein with a skinny tie and a tuxedo vest...

*pokes belly*

Ugh go away. lol
Bluejaybythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Bluejay, you are going to be so handsome in that outfit. It will be suitable for that Santa Cruz weather, I used to live in Santa Cruz County.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:08 PM   #3  

Hello! Then you must have some kinda idea how difficult it is for a person of size in this area. I mean the county itself is really progressive but everyone her here skinny skinny surfers so it makes you feel... funny lol. I am glad you like it. My sister and I spent the greater part of yesterday evening looking at jackets and I am really liking English style right now (now that the English invasion: the 21st century edition is taking place).

Actually today marks the 10 lbs mark and already pants are fitting me better. When I get my waist size down to around 38 again I am going to do some serious slacks shopping. I've been wearing jeans for ever and ever and need to add a little more color to my wardrobe.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:33 PM   #4  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Count me in on that. I am gonna hit the slimmer side of my wardrobe first and then hit some new clothes. Tailored fit would be nice.

I used to hate getting tailored fit shirts for Christmas.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:31 PM   #5  

I would LoVe some tailored clothes!

I have been rockin some of the stuff I already have lately. The recent drop in my waist size has afforded me some time in the "slimmer" side of my closet and its been doing a heap of good for my self-esteem.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 303/ticker/169

Height: 5'5"

That's great! Man, I can't wait for this to start taking effect with me. I've got a bunch of (still larger sized) clothes that I'm still too big for. In about another 30 lbs, it'll be like I just went shopping (but without the actual shopping).
Fit dad 2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:32 PM   #7  

Ok, this is the nerd in me that wants this but among the coats I want to buy, this is defiantly one I'm asking for for Christmas LOL

It's from Assassin's Creed and holy !@#$ it's awesome!
Old 03-01-2013, 05:40 PM   #8  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

I like those jackets in the first post, and think they look quite sharp; sexy even ... As I lost my weight, I also first started wearing all the smaller clothes that I had kept in my closet that were my favorites. Just this past month (February), I was down low enuff (esp after having a large tumor taken out of my abdomen) that I had to go out and buy new clothes.

The first thing was a new winter coat as I could wrap mine over twice. Then I bought new tops, underapparel, new summer nighties, and dress pants. I still need a few more things like a pair of jeans and some casual everyday pants and will look for those this month (gotta keep to my budget).

The last jacket is very interesting -- a little more futuristic to me. I guess you would wear that to a party, a night on the town, or something like that???

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-01-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:05 PM   #9  

@Justwantobehealthy: Its from a videogame. And trust me that would be more-than-approved-of work apparel. I work in a book/table-top game store. I deal with teenagers and awesome adults who are all just really kids at heart and everyone would love it. What would make the assassin jacket work would be wearing something really sharp underneath. Sadly you could not just wear it out like I can my hoodie.

Quote:
The last jacket is very interesting -- a little more futuristic to me. I guess you would wear that to a party, a night on the town, or something like that???
It's funny you said that because it does have a cyber-punk type look. A bright green crew-cut with a Seneca Crane beard and a bunch of LED lights and you got an outfit perfect for the SF rave scene ;D

Either way, it's cool looking. The Pea-Coats (the ones above) are friggen awesome but I have to be quite shapely in order to pull em off so I have a few months at least.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:05 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/195/190

Height: 5'11.5"

Can't wait to buy the European cut suits! Had to retire one suit this week that was 5" to large I the waist, fit 4 weeks ago. In the mean time Atlanta has some great men's consignment stores and that's where I am heading tomorrow!
Success is Messy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:42 AM   #11  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I am going to go shoe shopping today but will also use it as an excuse to buy some new clothes. No more of the same Gap pants and T-shirts I used to buy online. Time for something more classy as an interim measure before I reach my goal.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:50 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 329/230/210

Height: 6'1

Bluejay A man with the same reasoning as me. If I buy one more XXXL shirt off of Amazon just because its in "My size" Im going to vomit.
Snickerless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:08 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 303/ticker/169

Height: 5'5"

No kidding, Snickerless - well said. I'm sick to death of looking through pages and pages of my Amazon search "golf shirt", clicking on it, selecting the size to see if it's offered in XXXL, nope, rinse and repeat.
Fit dad 2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:00 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Hey, guys and gals ,too who are looking to lose weight and get a new wardrobe. Start saving your money. When I got to goal I went on the mother of all shopping trips ...and loved every minute of it !

Last edited by bargoo; 03-02-2013 at 12:01 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:15 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejaybythesea View Post

Clothes are my #1 motivation for my weight loss.

Health? Meh.
Agreed! It's all for fashion in my case. I LOVE your taste in clothes, both of those jackets (and whole outfits really) rock!
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote