Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-28-2013, 09:40 PM   #1  
Where is Onederland???

S/C/G: 301/295/148

Height: 5'9

Default Hi, I'm new! (Obviously) Weight loss buddy, anyone?

Hi,

So I have been struggling with this for a loong time, but it has never been this bad. I was actually always the girl with a ton of curves but no muscle tone; I got away with it because my stomach was incredibly flat and my cheekbones are so defined (made my face seem small). Basically, I looked GREAT in a 12/14.

Soo....a few gym memberships, WW registration fees, bouts with bulimia, drowning my sorrows in (high calorie!) cocktails, I finally realize...

I have a job interview. Time to pull out the dressy clothes.

sz 14...not a chance. I'm not even going to try those on.

sz 16...what?!? okay whatevs, so I pull out the

sz 18... Shut the front door. I can't even get these *********ers up my le!

sz 20. I can't button them. This is the biggest I have. In fact, I bought these by accident when I grabbed the wrong size and laughed when I got them home and they fell off of my body. Threw them in the back of the closet.

My starting weight (Sunday)....301.
I cried and felt sad for myself and ate.
Then Monday, I saw this documentary about this lady who just hoped and prayed and ate and get weight then became bedridden and then she died (long story short).

I HAVE NEVER TASTED ANYTHING GOOD ENOUGH TO DIE FOR. NEVER

I'm super sociable but now it feels awkward cause instead of the flirty, curvy girl, I think I look like THE FAT WOMAN WHO IS TRYING TOO HARD.

But it's still me, I just have a few extra layers to get rid of.

I would love to have a weight losss buddy, age doesn't matter (I'm 26) but I think we should have a similar amount of weight to lose.

I am now ready for questions and comments (lol).

I'm really happy to be here!

Hope to get to know you all well.
MrsYoung0601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/216/140

Height: 5'3"

I'm new too! I'm a little opposite, you being the sociable girl and I'm shy and boring lol. I have about 80-100lbs to lose. What are you doing to lose weight and get healthy? Your personality shines through in your post, you can do it!
SweetAsCanBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:16 AM   #3  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:53 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

>>>>I HAVE NEVER TASTED ANYTHING GOOD ENOUGH TO DIE FOR. NEVER<<<

I like this... and I agree!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:39 AM   #5  
I Believe in me

S/C/G: 250/199/175

Height: 5'5

MrsYoung0601 and SweetAsCanBe welcome to 3FC. I've been there too! I lost weight starting at 250 and getting down to 150 or so. I gave away all my big clothes except 1 outfit to remind me of where I started. Now I'm at 200 and I look in my closet and everthing is either too small or too tight. I am starting over and welcome you as a buddy as we find our way to being healthy for life. Coming to this site is a great start b/c there is so much information.
mrsj2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:03 AM   #6  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Hey MrsYoung0601

It looks like we are pretty similarly sized! It's nice to find people at the same kind of stage. I'm a couple years older than you

I have just begun this journey, well, 2 months in and down 16 lbs. Feeling better every day.

Have you decided on what your plan is going to be? I'm counting calories, I use MyNetDiary for tracking my food everyday, I like it, there are graphs! (There are lots of other apps, myfitnesspal and loseit are two popular choices) I like counting calories because its easy, no points, no real restrictions on what you can eat (what you can eat but not how much! but If I really want something bad enough, I need to fit it into my calorie limit for the day to have it)
Exercise so far hasn't been as consistent as I would have liked, but something is much better than nothing.

If I am doing this, you can too! I look forward to talking to you more and good luck
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:22 AM   #7  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Sweet, and Mrsyoung. Glad you guys are here. I started at the first of the year and was a little heavier than you msyoung. We can do this. I just count calories like silver. I use the My Fitness Pal App on my phone and here on the net. Hope to see you around!
sassyangies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #8  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Silverfire brings up a good point when she asks if you have chosen any plan yet. Before I started my current plan, I had no plan. I would *try* to eat well, but very often I did not. Because there was no structure to my diet, it was hard to stay on track. I needed to have a plan, and then follow that plan. Once I did that, it became surprisingly easy to take off weight. Its important to figure out what plan will work for YOU. What works for others, may not be the best thing for you. I do a low carb diet. I know many people do WW and love it. Personally, I couldn't count all of the points (or I know I wouldn't). But I know the low carb works for me. And having done it for 7 months now, I have it down pat and I know I can life with this lifestyle long term. If you haven't picked a plan yet, the 3FC site is a good place to explore.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #9  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

to you both! I hope that you both find a way/plan of eating that helps you get healthy and fit There are a bunch of different threads (ways to lose lbs and get fit) on here that you can read about if you are still searching for a "way". Lots of REALLY good people here too who are here to encourage, help, listen and just be there. See you both around the threads!

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 03-01-2013 at 03:26 PM.
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:08 PM   #10  
Where is Onederland???

Hello all,

Thanks for the amazing replies...I really appreciate all of you. I am currently doing a combination of WW Points Plus and starting an exercise regimen. I know, like one of you stated, if I just said "eat better", I'd be kidding myself. I mean, i THOUGHT I was doing great before!

So, I wasn't sure if I got any weight loss buddy offers...I'm a little dense that way ha ha...so feel free to PM me. I promise to be available and supportive, and I don't do social media, but I do check my email daily, would be will to messenger chat, and give my work email when we both feel comfy.

I just don't want to do this alone. I have LITERALLY no friends, and I don't try to make any because I am so self conscious. I mean, what if we go somewhere and we have to walk up STAIRS together? STAIRS! That's a deal breaker, and then I would just be that much more self conscious because I'm out of breath and reddish and everyone else is laughing and talking and then they look at me funny and I can't explain because I CAN'T EVEN BREATHE so...whoo, I went way further with that than I meant to.

Plus, I hate eating with skinny people. Or fat people. Or my kids. Or really anyone. I'll just eat in a dark closet. Cause I don't want to eat with myself, either. That would be eating with a fat person.

My husband is so not supportive, so he's no help. We're actually pretty distant at this point; I spend most of my non work hours with my kids.

Thanks all for your replies and encouragement- let's keep in touch!
Old 03-01-2013, 07:54 PM   #11  

So I seem to be completely missing where to click to message you.:/ I'll be your friend! I'm the same, no friends at all really. I'm a boring mom that doesn't party, so I don't fit in around here. Plus I'm shy and awkward and I tend to blurt things out that makes sense to nobody but myself. I'm a mess. Do you think if we lived on the moon we'd even care how big we are? See that right there?! That's what I'm talking about.
I'm not doing weight watchers, so I can't connect with you on that point, but we are both trying to lose weight.

Last edited by SweetAsCanBe; 03-01-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:37 PM   #12  
Where is Onederland???

Okay, you're not alone...I can't figure out how to message you either...lol

I did add you to my buddy list. Can anyone advise?

TIA
Old 03-01-2013, 10:58 PM   #13  

Well you're added to my buddy list too but it didn't change a thing. I thought a magic button might show up. Hmm.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:30 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 169/159/135

Height: 5' 0''

I believe you have to be a member for 20 Days and have 20 posts, before you may use the Private Message feature.

Best of luck to both of you. Read through the forums and post, you will find a lot of support here.
irish51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:12 AM   #15  
Where is Onederland???

That makes sense, thanks. I guess I'm only a few posts away. Thanks everyone! See you on the forums!