Old 02-25-2013, 10:33 PM   #1  
~Kim~

Default The Body Revolution

Today I started Jillian Michael's Body Revolution. This thread is mainly just to keep track of challenging myself to stay with the program for the full 13 weeks, but if anyone else is doing the program I would love for you to join me if you like! And of course comments and encouragement are always appreciated.

I'm going to make a schedule of my weighins below, and update this post every week.

I'm pretty busy during the week so I'll update my weight each Sunday and probably add a new post to talk about how the week went.

My plan is to follow the schedule of workouts, doing 6 workouts a week. I'm not going to follow the meal plan, just my own calorie counting plan. Pretty simple. Hopefully in 13 weeks I'll have a lot to be proud of.

Once again, if anyone would like to join in please do!

Weighins:

Start ~ 2/24/13: 243.6
Wk 1 ~ 3/03/13: 241.2 , -2.2
Wk 2 ~ 3/10/13: Didn't weigh, completely forgot
(Week off ~ 3/17/13: Not weighing, stupid TOM)
Wk 3 ~ 3/24/13: 240.6, -.6
Wk 4 ~ 3/31/13: 240, -.6
Wk 5 ~ 4/07/13:
Wk 6 ~ 4/14/13:
Wk 7 ~ 4/21/13:
Wk 8 ~ 4/28/13:
Wk 9~ 5/05/13:
Wk 10 ~ 5/12/13:
Wk 11 ~ 5/19/13:
Wk 12 ~ 5/26/13:
WK 13 ~ 6/02/13:

Last edited by TooManyDimples; 03-31-2013 at 11:12 PM.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #2  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Hi Kim - I wish you much success with your program. I know you're going to have great results
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:43 PM   #3  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

OMG... I think I am going to try this crazy thing. Holy crap, is it a normal reaction to be scared?!
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:21 PM   #4  
~Kim~

Thanks GettinFit! =)

Smashlers ~ The first week, and therefore the 2nd week since they are the same workouts, wasn't that bad. I know it's going to get progressively harder so I'm going to try to enjoy the easier workouts while I can.

So the first week went well. I did all 6 workouts. Only the cardio one really gave me any problems. It's goes through the same exercises 3 times and by the 3rd time I'm usually pretty spent and half a$$ the last few exercises. I'm still moving though so that's important. You do the same cardio workout 2 times a week for the first month so hopefully by the end of it I can make it through the whole thing with no problem.

I'm down 2.2lbs. I was a little disappointed, I was really hoping for 3+, but I'm still happy with a decent loss. Last week I started eating right to gear up for starting this program and lost 5.6. 7.8 for two weeks is pretty awesome. I wasn't as tight with my eating on Friday and Saturday as I should have been so that's something to work on.

So far so good. When it comes to weight loss I've always had an easier time with losing through diet and not so much keeping up with regular exercise. I'm really hoping that I can make it thought this program to the end and hopefully exercise will become a habit that I'll have no problem continuing with well past 13 weeks.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:43 PM   #5  
~Kim~

I didn't post last Sunday so let me catch up on the last two weeks. Week 2 went well. I did all my workouts and ate pretty well. Saturday evening I slipped on some ice and twisted my ankle. Sunday I was insanely busy and completely forgot to weigh myself and post anything on here.

Sunday evening my ankle was still swollen so I decided that the best thing to do would be to just take some time off from exercise and give it plenty of time to get better. So I stayed off it most of last week and by Thursday it was feeling almost normal, but I thought I'd go ahead and give it the rest of the week. I tore some muscles in the same ankle when I was younger and I've had problems with it over the years and I just know it's best to let it heal.

So anyway, basically I just took a week off, I ate pretty well, but didn't do any workouts at all. I'm not skipping week 3, I just put it on pause and I'm going to resume tomorrow.

I am not weighing myself today because TOM started yesterday and I can feel the bloat and just don't even want to go near a scale right now.

Hopefully everything will get back to normal and I can just keep moving forward. =)
Old 03-24-2013, 10:02 PM   #6  
~Kim~

Week 3 is over! Now, I am only down .6 from when I weighed in 3 weeks ago, but I'm not really disappointed by that. Early in this week when I was hormonal I ate more carbs than normal and indulged in sugar more. Consider that, and that last week I didn't exercise or eat spot on, I'm very happy to moving in the right direction.

My ankle was good this week, the only time it bugged me at all was Wednesday when I had my cardio workout. It's good now, and I feel like I ended my week great.

I haven't seen much weight loss since I started, but I haven't been eating as well as I'd like. I'm going to work on that because I know weightloss is mainly about your diet.

I am seeing some changes in my body though from the workouts. My outer thighs are smoothing out and the muscles in my arms are getting more defined. I'm really happy with the changes I'm seeing so far.

This coming week I'm going to try to focus on really eating right and hopefully that will make more of a difference on the scale.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:14 PM   #7  
~Kim~

I'm down .6 this week. I'm glad to have not gained. I had a really rough week, a lot of emotional stuff happened and I definitely did some stress eating. I did 5 workouts so that's good.

Things are getting better so hopefully I can start this coming week of good and put this past week behind me.