Old 02-27-2013, 05:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/207/140

Height: 5'5

Default Soooo Hungry!

Whenever I'm about to approach that special time of month, I get ravenously hungry for days, like I'm sure many of you probably do. I'm trying to start over on induction, because I haven't been sticking to it. Today it seems no matter what I eat, no matter how much fat I'm eating, I cannot be satisfied! I am an insatiably hungry beast and the only things that sounds good are carby, bready, delights! Believe it or not, I would probably kill someone (or at least severely maim someone) for a frozen pizza! So far today, I have eaten:
Breakfast: 4 strips bacon and coffee with cream and coconut oil (I was ok for a while after this meal)
lunch: deli turkey and cheese
But, it was after work when I started getting really hungry, so in the past hour I have eaten:
an avocado (still hungry)
deli ham with about an ounce of cream cheese (still hungry)
I don't know what to do about this. I really just want to stuff myself with crappy food.....
ohmanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 236/221/199

Height: 5'4"

Default I'd be hungry too!

I crave junk food around that time too! That being said, hearing what you've eaten all day, I'd be hungry too..whether it was that time of the month or not. If you're hungry eat, just try to keep it healthy.
allmylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:58 PM   #3  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Oh gosh... you sound like you would eat the pizza before it even got cooked (I remember that feeling). Maybe try eating some veggies with salad dressing? What I do when I crave pizza is bake some Mozz cheese in the oven at 375 for 15 mins or so (sprinkle some Italian seasoning on it) until the cheese is alittle brown all over. Let it sit and get hard.. then pop a few pepperoni (or veggies if you like) on top and think that this is a healthier pizza then the one you had wanted. Just an idea : ) But I know that craving. The whole body just wants it! Just need to trick it
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:09 PM   #4  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

Your food so far Doesn't sound like what I thought it would. That's not too bad considering u would kill for a pizza. I get I wanna chew my arm or anyone's standing near me off hungry during my monthly. I usually give in and have something I shouldn't. When I eat during that time I feel like the hunger feeling will not subside, and I am thinking about seconds before I have even finished half of my food. Good thing it only lasts a few days for most of us, and I love that my hubby has sympathy pain and feels like I do regarding hunger. He usually calls me from work and asks if it's that time because he is so hungry. I wish I could tell u how to make it go away but u will see its normal and we just get that perk with being a woman. I would still rather be a woman than a man. Lol
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:24 PM   #5  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

Have you calculated your calories? Because if I'd eaten what you've eaten today, I'm pretty sure I'd be starving and ready to hurt someone as well!
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/207/140

Height: 5'5

That pizza cheese idea does sound pretty tasty!
I did think about having some vegetables because I have a bunch of stuff on hand, but as delicious as junk food sounds, healthy things sound just as bad. I'll cope, I guess. The avocado was sort of a compromise with myself.
I ended up having some more bacon and coffee with coconut oil. I went back and tracked my calories, because it did sound like maybe I didn't have enough and I ended up about 1800 for the day, with about 1400 or so before the second round bacon and coconut oil.
ohmanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:05 AM   #7  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

Wow, that's 1800 calories?!? It just sounds like.....nothing. I wonder if you'd feel better if you ate "real" food, like some protein and veggies? Bacon is just fat and salt, and deli meat is mostly fat, salt, and filler ingredients. If this way of eating works for you, that's fabulous. But I'd be dying.
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:59 AM   #8  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

What about some green leafy, non-starchy veggies... I combine my protein and fat with HUGE salads and that always seems to really fill me up... and the salad greens basically add no calories...

Do the deli meats and bacon that you're eating maybe have some hidden sugars in them? Although even processed meats with a lot of fat and salt in them can also cause cravings in some people too as well...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:58 PM   #9  

Hi ohmanda,

It would appear to me that you're not eating any way near enough particularly looking at your stats and as most of the ladies can testify here during the time of the month when the hormones are firing in every direction possible at once, one of the constants the body seeks is satisfaction through eating.

I believe the solution for you would be that you particularly around that time of the month increase the amount of food that you are eating and make sure that it contains a decent amount of fat for each serving.

As some of the others have pointed out things like deli turkey or any of those re manufactured meats can contain more than we think they do in the way of fillers, sugars both normal and artificial and a whole host of other ingredients that can play havoc with our bodies when they are in a normal state of hormonal flux let alone that special time of the month, so you would do well to find an alternative to deli meat and make that new something as natural as you can.

Hope that helps,

Mark
MarkMoxom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:21 AM   #10  

Bacon doesn't really fill me up. Sausage is better higher calorie, but more filling.

Eggs really are VERY filling, cheese with it too.

Lots and lots of veggies help too.

When I don't have many calories left I hit the beef jerky! LOVE IT!!
CourtneyTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #11  

Why are you only eating meet and cheese? What kind of carb diet are you doing?
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote