Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-26-2013, 04:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 213/188/159

Default Diet, binge, diet, binge - stopping the cycle

I've been in a diet/binge, diet/binge cycle for way too long. Then it finally hit me - I have to change the way I think about how I eat. For me personally, I need to see eating less as a permanent way of eating. I don't mean depravation, but small portions and cutting out all the c**p that I binge on. A permanent change in thinking is the only way I'm going to not binge on a regular basis. This realization, simple as it is, was a real epiphany for me, and I hope it helps me in my long-term dieting and attempt to look fit and trim.
tricon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:51 PM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

That sounds like a REALLY big step! It's funny sometimes it's just really small changings in thinking that make all the difference.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

I went through a similar epiphany recently, except that my approach is not to cut out the crap. Rather, i am learning to eat everything (even the crap) in smaller portions. But the epiphany part is really learning that this is FOREVER. Somehow that word never resonated before. But once i realized that this is forever, i was no longer in a hurry to lose weight. I am ok with it coming off slowly, because i know i am going to eat sensibly forever, and if i do that, there is no way could NOT come off.
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 303/ticker/169

Height: 5'5"

So so true. I can't remember really ever "maintaining". For over 20 years, I've either been moving up the scale (while eating whatever and however much I wanted), or moving down the scale (usually by majorly restricting calories/fat/carbs/etc...). I'm hoping I've finally found my long-term plan!!
Fit dad 2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #5  

So happy for you, Tricon7! It's that epiphany that will change your life. Sometimes we just get that "click" moment and it's the road to our destiny. I got mine last summer and embraced it with all I have in me. I will NEVER go back to my old ways, NEVER.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:21 PM   #6  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfergirl2 View Post
I went through a similar epiphany recently, except that my approach is not to cut out the crap. Rather, i am learning to eat everything (even the crap) in smaller portions. But the epiphany part is really learning that this is FOREVER. Somehow that word never resonated before. But once i realized that this is forever, i was no longer in a hurry to lose weight. I am ok with it coming off slowly, because i know i am going to eat sensibly forever, and if i do that, there is no way could NOT come off.
^^This

I am taking the same approach. I'm trying to make eating better, and smaller portions, my primary goal...losing weight will just be the bonus that I get
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:48 PM   #7  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I'm very glad it clicked for you
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #8  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Less - but not as little as the restricted calorie intake that made you binge. Most people don't tend to binge without dieting first.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:49 PM   #9  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

Just realizing what u r doing wrong is a pretty awesome accomplishment on its own. I see that my friend really believes he eats a low amount of calories and won't change because he doesn't see the error in his ways. I added his cals for him on Saturday and they totaled to 3700 before he was even done for the day. I was hoping it would be a wake up call for him. I really think its great that u figured out what the problem is and admitted it to yourself, like an alcoholic has to admit they have a problem before they seek help.
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #10  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I'm sleeping better at night because of eating better. That just about does it for me and gives me the extra incentive to think about what and when I am eating before I eat it.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote