Old 02-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/202/150

Height: 5'10

Default Help! In 4th week of IP and had major cheats this week

Hey Everyone,

I'm currently in the middle of my fourh week (11 lbs lost so far) and last week (and this weekend) have been a mess! It all started when I went out for a friend's bday and drank more than I should have. After that I cheated 2-3 times and have had such a hard time ever since. I weighed in Thursday and despite all that I lost 1 pound (which I'm fully aware was luck).

I'm trying really hard to get back on track now but I'm so disappointed in myself. I felt like I let all that motivation slip away I'm hating myself right now... any advice from people who have gotten past things like these? How did you regain focus? How long does it take for your body to get back into ketosis?

Seriously afraid of my next weigh in on Thursday
MayShowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:11 PM   #2  
Re-start IP 1/1/14

S/C/G: 190/169/140

Height: 5'4"

I've been in your shoes, and it can be hard to deal with that loss of momentum, not to mention the guilt you feel. It's also tough because once you cheat once, it is much easier to cheat again and again. Don't fall into that pattern - that's the best advice I can give. Learn that you have lost a few days progress, and will have to go through the ketosis symptoms all over again, and it's certainly not worth it for a few drinks or whatever. It took me about 2 days to get back into ketosis.
Mom2Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

i have cheated once in 7 weeks....I gained 4 lbs when I cheated and I stalled for 5 more days. I was 129.6 the day I cheated, February 6th to be exact, and today I am 124. I have onlt lost 1 lb after my cheat. Cheating doesnt work on htis diet. You will be ok, get back on track, it will take you a week to rebound, and stay focused.
LexiChanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:14 PM   #4  
Started IP 1/1/13

S/C/G: 132/See Ticker/118

Height: 5'4"

I know the feeling... I just posted in another thread how I had a pretty bad cheat over the weekend, and mine also started with drinking. My clinic said that your body can store about 3 days' worth of carbs in the form of glycogen, so if you fully replenished your stores then you're looking at around 3 days to get back to ketosis. Today is my 3rd day back OP, and I feel awful. I'm hoping tomorrow I'll be back in ketosis and will feel better. I guess my motivators are that I committed to doing this plan, and even though I made a mistake, I can't let that destroy all the progress I've made so far. And, I think about how good I feel when I'm 100% OP. I don't have the hunger pangs, I have more energy, and I just feel smaller and more attractive.

All the best on your journey forward.
PacNW IP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #5  
Restarted IP 10/15/2013

S/C/G: 338.8/315/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayShowers View Post
Hey Everyone,

I'm currently in the middle of my fourh week (11 lbs lost so far) and last week (and this weekend) have been a mess! It all started when I went out for a friend's bday and drank more than I should have. After that I cheated 2-3 times and have had such a hard time ever since. I weighed in Thursday and despite all that I lost 1 pound (which I'm fully aware was luck).

I'm trying really hard to get back on track now but I'm so disappointed in myself. I felt like I let all that motivation slip away I'm hating myself right now... any advice from people who have gotten past things like these? How did you regain focus? How long does it take for your body to get back into ketosis?

Seriously afraid of my next weigh in on Thursday

Get back on the horse-- We all fall off and I had my stumble last week. Just think how great ONEDERLAND is going to taste !!! Good luck
Plump in Pasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #6  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Why the guilt? You didn't murder anyone, for goodness sake. You made some bad food choices--I'm sure that's not the first time you've made a bad choice, nor will it be the last. Put it into perspective.

Make a list of the things you like about IP and weight loss and another list of the reasons why continuing with your poor choices is a bad idea. Read it over and over and over again. And stay away from the alcohol! Not only for the calorie/carb/GI reasons, but also because it can inhibit your ability to exercise control.

You are in control. You don't have to apologize or feel guilty for falling off the horse. Just get back on for goodness sake. You can do this!
Ojenchilada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 177.6/165.4/140

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojenchilada View Post
Why the guilt? You didn't murder anyone, for goodness sake. You made some bad food choices--I'm sure that's not the first time you've made a bad choice, nor will it be the last. Put it into perspective.

Make a list of the things you like about IP and weight loss and another list of the reasons why continuing with your poor choices is a bad idea. Read it over and over and over again. And stay away from the alcohol! Not only for the calorie/carb/GI reasons, but also because it can inhibit your ability to exercise control.

You are in control. You don't have to apologize or feel guilty for falling off the horse. Just get back on for goodness sake. You can do this!
AGREE WITH THIS SOOOOOO STRONGLY.
So you messed up!
The main thing is not to give yourself permission for continuing to mess up because of one incident.
I admit it....I have been OP for almost 8 weeks now and have a drink on two seperate occasions. Both were with diet pop and water for mix. I had totally planned this cheat and then it was back to OP the next day. And lucky for me I had no stall and stayed in ketosis.
This program is YOURS...not anybody elses! Just as this weight loss is YOURS! Own it.....and do and you want but remember that you are in control of what you do and don't do with it.
We are all here for you.....so stay with us! We need you too!

Love DJ
DJ72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:31 PM   #8  
I can, I will.

S/C/G: 224/221/135

Height: 5'6"

Just take a deep breath and relax. It happens! Just remember - YOU are stronger than this and YOU are in control!
munchiesmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 197/191/145

Height: 5'5''

I have a weird question...Many of you speak so confidently about being in "ketosis ". I am aware of what it is, and why it is desirable for IP'ers, but how do you know when your body is "in " it?
teresac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #10  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresac View Post
I have a weird question...Many of you speak so confidently about being in "ketosis ". I am aware of what it is, and why it is desirable for IP'ers, but how do you know when your body is "in " it?
If you are following the sheet you are in Ketosis!!!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:14 PM   #11  

I had a slip up this weekend too and I felt really guilty about it .. mainly because I just let myself down .. again. But I've been 100% OP since then and I am starting to feel better. Get back on the horse!
ecmcnamee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:17 PM   #12  

You have enough time between picking the food up and putting it in your mouth to THINK about the decision you are making. YOU control what goes into your mouth, it doesn't get there on its own. YOU want it YOU eat it that is all there is to it. IF you don't want it DON"T PICK IT UP, no need to feel guilty you know what you were doing when you ate it. Sorry if this seems harsh but I don't "sugar coat" anything, it is what it is....IF you WANT something bad enough you WILL CHANGE, not let anything get in your way of making the correct decisions in eating healthy.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:51 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
You have enough time between picking the food up and putting it in your mouth to THINK about the decision you are making. YOU control what goes into your mouth, it doesn't get there on its own. YOU want it YOU eat it that is all there is to it. IF you don't want it DON"T PICK IT UP, no need to feel guilty you know what you were doing when you ate it. Sorry if this seems harsh but I don't "sugar coat" anything, it is what it is....IF you WANT something bad enough you WILL CHANGE, not let anything get in your way of making the correct decisions in eating healthy.
Gotta go with Wuv here. If it is important to you, you will find a way. If it is not, you will find an excuse. Just pick yourself back up and move on and really COMMIT to losing the weight or, well I guess dont worry about gaining . I have learned through IP and WUV that I am in control of the food and choices I make when eating. If I go to make an excuse I remind myself that I am making that choice. Amazing how quickly it stops me from eating something. Not even tempted anymore and I have 15 boxes of girl scout cookies sitting here, not even a temptation to me. Today I entered the 100's for the first time in a long time and that means more to me than any cookie, chip, alcoholic drink etc ever will. I am proud of myself for the first time today
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:50 PM   #14  

SUPER EXCITED for YOU!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
Gotta go with Wuv here. If it is important to you, you will find a way. If it is not, you will find an excuse. Just pick yourself back up and move on and really COMMIT to losing the weight or, well I guess dont worry about gaining . I have learned through IP and WUV that I am in control of the food and choices I make when eating. If I go to make an excuse I remind myself that I am making that choice. Amazing how quickly it stops me from eating something. Not even tempted anymore and I have 15 boxes of girl scout cookies sitting here, not even a temptation to me. Today I entered the 100's for the first time in a long time and that means more to me than any cookie, chip, alcoholic drink etc ever will. I am proud of myself for the first time today
Old 02-27-2013, 12:37 AM   #15  
Fresh start

Height: 5'8"

Turn the page, start over, and keep going... But don't forget about this lesson sometimes we learn the hard way.
foreveryoung is offline   Reply With Quote