Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 05:57 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 2/26/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's websitegd
Old 02-26-2013, 06:18 AM   #2  

Default Keep g it upbeat and positive

Lets figure out a way to keep our little corner positive today.

If you're new please read the stickies before opening a new thread- lots of duplicates lately!

Reframe! Find a way to talk about what is going on without offering a complaint.
You might want to spend some time on the forum searching for a solution, rather than typing the complaint or starting yet another duplicate negative thread.

Lets talk about how good we feel, what we are doing to overcome adversity or frustration, or how our plans are working!

Lots of good stuff is happening here. We need to talk about how we persevere DESPITE what life throws at us! If you are having a rough day, there is lots of advise in existing threads. Just read. No need to start another. It really isn't a new phenomenon. It's called life. We all have trials. Lets talk about pressing through ours and coming out stronger!

And for everyone already doing this, go team!

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-26-2013 at 09:32 AM.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 196.6/167/145

Height: 5'4"

I've been lurking since I started IP on January 8. I just wanted to introduce myself. I've lost 21.4 lbs. The best thing happened, my coach had someone fill in for her yesterday and I ended up switching to her. She has excellent energy. It made me feel rejuvenated! Feeling confident now.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:33 AM   #4  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

The scale is moving 114.8 lbs:
Old 02-26-2013, 08:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 192/148/150

Height: 5 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Lets figure out a way to keep our little corner positive today.

If you're new please read the stickies before opening a new thread- lots if duplicates lately!

Reframe! Find a way to talk about what is going on without offering a complaint.
You might want to spend some time on the forum searching for a solution, rather than typing the complaint or starting yet another duplicate negative thread.

Lets talk about how good we feel, what we are doing to overcome adversity or frustration, or how our plans are working!

Lots of good stuff is happening here. We need to talk about how we persevere DESPITE what life throws at us! If you are having a rough day, there is lots of advise in existing threads. Just read. No need to start another. It really isn't a new phenomenon. It's called life. We all have trials. Lets talk about pressing through ours and coming out stronger!

And for everyone already doing this, go team!

That's the kind of positive attitude and encouragement this thread needs! Nobody's perfect! Heck, that's why we are all here in the first place. It's hard enough to admit to ourselves that we've had a weak moment or have gone off the deep end, but to actually admit it in this thread takes some courage. For most of us, the issue of our weight and why we got here is a life long struggle and getting it off and keeping it off will be a life long journey too.
Let's teach the newbies how to use the forum so it benefits everyone without scolding them like a school student. Give tough love when needed and listen and encourage when needed too. We were all newbies at one time, but some have become our leaders and for that I am forever grateful.
That said, I am taking the knowledge and life lessons I have learned on this forum and continuing maintenance on my own. It's been one year since I joined this thread and I now have the tools to start living and maintaining a healthy lifestyle! I will always check in once and awhile to see how my favorite IPeeps are doing, especially Wuv and LizRR. I will miss Molly, Rainbow,IP43's sense of humor and Scorbett's expert advice! USMCVet, I hope you enjoyed your vacation and I wish you all the best on your IP journey
Stay OP and 100% everyone and thank you!
Old 02-26-2013, 08:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/177/160

Height: 5.6

Morning everyone ! Yesterday I went and stocked up on WF products, yum they do have some tasty things out there. Looking forward to my WI today 1st one. Not wishing for the big WOW but any drop will put me in the right direction. SO SO glad I found 3FC's , have a fantastic day everyone
Old 02-26-2013, 08:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 257/200/190(?)

Height: 5'10"

I have my annual physical today. Can't wait for the doc's reaction. Fifty pounds lighter since I saw him last!
Old 02-26-2013, 08:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/177/160

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawsy View Post
I have my annual physical today. Can't wait for the doc's reaction. Fifty pounds lighter since I saw him last!
WOW , that Dr is going to have one nice surprise
Old 02-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #9  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

TrixieBesMonty

Shawsy I bet your doc will be excited for you.

heritagesoftail good luck on your weigh in. The first one is always so exciting and a great dose of motivation.

Hope everyone has a great OP day! We're expecting to get hit with that snow storm this afternoon. The forecast is a mess,because they don't know how much snow/rain we are getting. Right now it's too warm for snow, but the cold air is supposed to move in this afternoon. Hopefully my evening commute will not be affected by it, but I'm keeping my eye on it and will duck out early if it does start to turn for the worse.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:09 AM   #10  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Okay, only positives...Morning all!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:10 AM   #11  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

I too hope everyone has a great OP day! Ragdoll we are expecting a big storm tonight as well...I'm secretly hoping for snow as I'm hoping for a snow day tomorrow lol. Also, I have horses and rain on top of the snow will make the paddocks a disaster for my boys. We aren't expecting it to hit until this evening so hopefully I'll be home curled up in front of the fire by then.

Good luck with your physical!!! Your doctor should be proud of you! I saw my Doctor last week to have her check on my blood pressure. I stopped taking my meds about 2 and 1/2 weeks prior to seeing her and I'm happy to say my BP is within the normal range....without any meds!!! Yippeeee. I'm going to go back and see her in a month just to be sure. Feels great to get rid of those pills as I've been on them for years. Now the only thing I take besides my IP supplements is HRT....not sure I'll ever get off those (I had to have a full hysterectomy due to endometriosis almost 3 years ago).
Old 02-26-2013, 09:12 AM   #12  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
I'm secretly hoping for snow as I'm hoping for a snow day tomorrow lol.
Me too!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:12 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 224/211/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawsy View Post
That's fantastic! Congratulations!!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:14 AM   #14  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Me too!
Ok ragdoll then keep doing your snow dance and maybe we'll both get our wish!!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:16 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

It's another windy but warm day in Texas. Everything is "Moving" along great today after a "Stuffy" weekend. Gotta love the sound of a "flushing" toilet.
Closed Thread