Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 11:02 PM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default Home of the 100% Vol 22

WOW y'all are ROCKING the 100% thread, I totally MISSED this whole thread will have to go back and read everything when I have time. Time has not been on my side lately, I have been super busy with the new clinic and the super weekend I just attended in New Orleans. I see that most of you are hanging in there and have some great results so far. Very Proud of all of you! I know there are some new ones around that I have not said WELCOME too, so WELCOME. Never be afraid to post or make a comment here, we do ask that there be no talk of cheating in this thread. This is a POSITIVE thread without the whining!

I had an amazing experience meeting the IP people at the super weekend..There are wonderful things that are going to be happening with the company so stay tuned for exciting things!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dr Tran.jpg (24.4 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 02-25-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Thanks Wuv for the welcome. Fairy we to this thread, but very inspired by your accomplishments!

Can't wait to hear abut the exciting new things!
Old 02-25-2013, 11:22 PM   #3  

Woo hoo
No whine zone volume 22! One of the awesomest threads!

We CAN (and do) share trials and tribulations about life but no biotching about IP or the scale!

Finding ways to find success knowing that even slow progress is progress (and if it's fast, yay for that too)
Old 02-26-2013, 12:30 AM   #4  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Wish me luck......................... I don't work tomorrow and have decided I'm going to spend the day going through clothes. Thus, far on IP I've only had to purchase one new pair of jeans. I'm at the point where the clothes I wore 40lbs ago still fit but are getting baggy. Plus, I know I have clothes boxed up and/or hidden in the back of the closet that I can probably fit into now. It would be a shame to put this project off any longer and totally bypass good clothes just waiting to be worn again. Hopefully, by the end of the day I will have a closet full of clothes that fit me NOW, a box of clothes that I will fit into soon and a whole lot of clothes being taken to the Goodwill that are too big for me. Sizes I hope to never see or wear again!

Unfortunately, I have a memorial service to attend on Wednesday. I need to see if I have any black slacks and blouse to wear or I'll need to pick up something tomorrow night that I can wear.

BTW - Bubbleblower, I wasn't able to respond to your last post because of the start of Vol 22 of this thread. Have you visited Cathy Church at Sunset House (south of Georgetown)? She is a super famous underwater photographer. Often times, she'll be there getting ready for the shore dive where they have the 6-7 foot Mermaid at about 50-60 feet depth. Anyhow, my mom has been diving since the late 1970's and has looked at many pictures from Cathy Church in the Skin Diver Magazines. A trip to Grand Cayman about 2 years ago, we saw Cathy in her photography Studio and my mom got to meet her. She is a really nice lady and very down to earth.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:12 AM   #5  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Day one of the training class I am attending this week was today. They had the whole carb loaded lunch laid out. I packed a salad and a EAS shake and did fine. It was only 1/2 day of training - bet tomorrow for the full day session they have morning carb-a-palooza along with lunch bunch o'carbs. My chair is located right next to the food table (only one fellow sitting between me and the spread) I should pay him to trip me if I make a move for it haha. It's what I get for showing up later rather than earlier to the training and having limited seats left.

I was thinking about a year ago how I would have been all over that food selection, but today it wasn't that hard to stay on plan. I totally agree that the grains and sugars are a huge trigger for me to want to eat more of them. Makes me want to keep avoiding them in maintenance so I don't get out of control like I used to be. I will stop and get a Star bucks Americano with a sugar free shot to bring in with me tomorrow. It should slay any gut buster donut ideas that may enter my head. Time zone differences have my sleep all hosed up tonight (yep I woke up and here I am reading 100% thread) the caffeine will do me good.

The hotel here is absolutely awesome with a kitchenette in the room, it's like home away from home. My two dinners so far have been made here in this room - and they were great even without a bunch of spices and my usual hot sauce. My boss is taking a few of us out to dinner tomorrow. It should be fun.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:52 AM   #6  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

I don't post often on this thread but check it regularly. I've been 100% OP since starting IP Jan. 11th and loving every minute of it (ok maybe I've forgotten the first few days that were a struggle but I'm here now and not looking back). I'm looking forward to hitting goal but will be honest I'm a wee bit concerned about the breakfasts I see for P3..... I've never been one to eat breakfast so the shakes in P1 suit me well. I'm sure I will figure something out when I get there.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:29 AM   #7  

Halfagain
Lol @ your food spread descriptions
Way to go on dinner "in" (and some quiet down-time)
Enjoy your time away!
Sometimes a change of scenery is nice!
Old 02-26-2013, 08:16 AM   #8  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenRem View Post
BTW - Bubbleblower, I wasn't able to respond to your last post because of the start of Vol 22 of this thread. Have you visited Cathy Church at Sunset House (south of Georgetown)? She is a super famous underwater photographer. Often times, she'll be there getting ready for the shore dive where they have the 6-7 foot Mermaid at about 50-60 feet depth. Anyhow, my mom has been diving since the late 1970's and has looked at many pictures from Cathy Church in the Skin Diver Magazines. A trip to Grand Cayman about 2 years ago, we saw Cathy in her photography Studio and my mom got to meet her. She is a really nice lady and very down to earth.
Cathy is actually a good friend. I met her a few years ago through a mutual friend and often go down to Sunset House for photo equipment (she has the best prices on the island) or just to say hi. Her photography is wonderful and I've learned a lot from her. If you visit Cayman, you'll see a new, huge mural at the baggage area that she did. It's absolutely beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Day one of the training class I am attending this week was today. They had the whole carb loaded lunch laid out. I packed a salad and a EAS shake and did fine. It was only 1/2 day of training - bet tomorrow for the full day session they have morning carb-a-palooza along with lunch bunch o'carbs. My chair is located right next to the food table (only one fellow sitting between me and the spread) I should pay him to trip me if I make a move for it haha. It's what I get for showing up later rather than earlier to the training and having limited seats left.

I was thinking about a year ago how I would have been all over that food selection, but today it wasn't that hard to stay on plan. I totally agree that the grains and sugars are a huge trigger for me to want to eat more of them. Makes me want to keep avoiding them in maintenance so I don't get out of control like I used to be. I will stop and get a Star bucks Americano with a sugar free shot to bring in with me tomorrow. It should slay any gut buster donut ideas that may enter my head. Time zone differences have my sleep all hosed up tonight (yep I woke up and here I am reading 100% thread) the caffeine will do me good.

The hotel here is absolutely awesome with a kitchenette in the room, it's like home away from home. My two dinners so far have been made here in this room - and they were great even without a bunch of spices and my usual hot sauce. My boss is taking a few of us out to dinner tomorrow. It should be fun.
Good job!! That's the way you do it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
I don't post often on this thread but check it regularly. I've been 100% OP since starting IP Jan. 11th and loving every minute of it (ok maybe I've forgotten the first few days that were a struggle but I'm here now and not looking back). I'm looking forward to hitting goal but will be honest I'm a wee bit concerned about the breakfasts I see for P3..... I've never been one to eat breakfast so the shakes in P1 suit me well. I'm sure I will figure something out when I get there.
Funny how we [thankfully!!!] forget the tough parts and just remember the awesome parts of IP! There's so much to be thankful for and to look forward to. We just need to keep putting one foot in front of the other and sticking to the plan.

Re: the P3 breakfasts, I've been thinking about them myself, and I think I may be making them more complicated than they're really going to be. I think my routine breakfast is going to go something like this: breakfast sandwich (egg/canadian bacon), glass of juice or an apple, Greek yogurt, for a total somewhere around 500 calories. Am I oversimplifying? I was getting concerned reading all the complex (to me, anyway!) recipes that would take more time than I have to give to cooking/preparation in the mornings.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:31 AM   #9  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
My chair is located right next to the food table (only one fellow sitting between me and the spread) I should pay him to trip me if I make a move for it haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
Re: the P3 breakfasts, I've been thinking about them myself, and I think I may be making them more complicated than they're really going to be. I think my routine breakfast is going to go something like this: breakfast sandwich (egg/canadian bacon), glass of juice or an apple, Greek yogurt, for a total somewhere around 500 calories. Am I oversimplifying? I was getting concerned reading all the complex (to me, anyway!) recipes that would take more time than I have to give to cooking/preparation in the mornings.
I can't eat for a couple of hours after waking up, I'm just not hungry at all. I'm planning on making some of Liz's wonderful phase III breakfasts ahead of time and just grab them from the fridge on my way to work. I wonder if people will thing I fell of the wagon if they catch me in my office eating a phase III cheesecake for breakfast.

mompattie- just caught up on the old 100% thread. When I get home tonight I'm going to tell my husband he's an IT PIMP!
Old 02-26-2013, 08:51 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Good morning all!
Ok, after I just said last night I was going to stop posting replys on newly created threads, I went and did it this morning. Doh!

I am down another 1 lb this morning in maintenance! I am down a total of 3 lbs since I started phase 3 a little over 3 weeks ago. Plus it's my first day of TOM which is usually +1 to +2 lbs for me! That's almost as good as my loss rate before phasing off! My plan is to do maintenance for another week and see if the hair loss/biotin/iron thing gets more undercontol, then move back to Phase 1 or 2. Though honestly, I don't know if I'll do much better than I'm doing now as I'm still losing.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:57 AM   #11  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
Good morning all!
Ok, after I just said last night I was going to stop posting replys on newly created threads, I went and did it this morning. Doh!

I am down another 1 lb this morning in maintenance! I am down a total of 3 lbs since I started phase 3 a little over 3 weeks ago. Plus it's my first day of TOM which is usually +1 to +2 lbs for me! That's almost as good as my loss rate before phasing off! My plan is to do maintenance for another week and see if the hair loss/biotin/iron thing gets more undercontol, then move back to Phase 1 or 2. Though honestly, I don't know if I'll do much better than I'm doing now as I'm still losing.
I saw your post this morning on that thread.

Congrats on the losses in phase 3. Sounds like phase 3 really agrees with you, maybe you should just stick with it if you are losing at the same rate. Go back to phase 1 or 2 only if you stop losing or gain.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:19 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Love this thread!

I peeked at the scale today (normally never weigh at home) and after being stuck for an entire month it is down 1 pound! My weigh-in is Friday morning so hopefully it'll stick by then and my plateau will be coming to an end!

I think my body got acclimated to the low calories after so many months OP so I'm eating 4 non-restricted packets this week, hoping to shake it up!

Thanks for all the advice last week everybody
Old 02-26-2013, 09:23 AM   #13  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

I've been printing out the P3 breakfasts every time someone posts one. I can't eat too too early either but I do get up at the crack of dawn so I do have the time in the morning. I guess I could also leave breakfast items at work and have something when I get in (most of my coworkers eat when they get here). Is it weird that I really don't mind P1 and really don't feel like I'm being limited too much? Sure I'd love a glass of wine here and there but since the first couple of weeks it doesn't really bother me any more. I usually just drink water sometimes with MiO and if I want a 'treat' I drink Perrier. This is a big change for me as I was a big diet pepsi drinker for many many years. That and coffee but now I only drink decaf. Ok I'm blabbering....for some reason I am hyper today....in a good way.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:36 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
I can't eat for a couple of hours after waking up, I'm just not hungry at all. I'm planning on making some of Liz's wonderful phase III breakfasts ahead of time and just grab them from the fridge on my way to work. I wonder if people will thing I fell of the wagon if they catch me in my office eating a phase III cheesecake for breakfast.
I really don't think it matters WHEN we eat breakfast, just that we do it at some point. I just read an interesting article that a LOT of the push for breakfast is/was done by the processed food industry (breakfast cereals, etc) with really no solid science behind it. Of course, there will always be folks with blood sugar issues that need to keep things stable who need a pretty strict schedule.
Even if I do eat breakfast, the breakfast cereal industry isn't getting my biz
Old 02-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #15  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
I have made exactly ONE breakfast recipe in the morning - all the rest I have put together the night before, and just tossed in the oven (for the ones that required cooking) when I woke up. A few are literally grab-and-go out of the fridge. P3 is just reminding me that I need to plan ahead as much as I did in P1

One super fast breakfast I have had was a suggestion from Lizzy:

3/4 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup berries
1/4 cup Bear Naked Fit granola
3 Harvestland Maple & Apple chicken sausages (takes 3 minutes to cook in the microwave)
Closed Thread