Old 02-25-2013, 12:21 AM   #1  
IP start date 2/4/13

Height: 5'10"

Default Weigh-in rituals

Do y'all have any crazy rituals you do before a weigh-in? Just wondering if I am the only one out there who gets a little anxious and has a routine before they step on the scale...

For instance, here's a list of things I do the day before:

1. Drink smooth move tea throughout the day
2. Zero restricted foods
3. Epsom salt bath for 20 minutes
4. Drink a gallon of water
5. Take magnesium peroxide caps before bed

Morning of weigh in:
1. Cup of coffee early in the morning
2. Limit water intake
3. No breakfast before weigh in
4. Use the restroom as many times as I can before weigh-in

LOL Seems silly now that I am actually typing it. But yes, I am doing all of this every Sunday before WI on Monday.

Anyone else?
SFNinerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 171.4/160.9/145

Height: 5"6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFNinerGirl View Post
Do y'all have any crazy rituals you do before a weigh-in? Just wondering if I am the only one out there who gets a little anxious and has a routine before they step on the scale...

For instance, here's a list of things I do the day before:

1. Drink smooth move tea throughout the day
2. Zero restricted foods
3. Epsom salt bath for 20 minutes
4. Drink a gallon of water
5. Take magnesium peroxide caps before bed

Morning of weigh in:
1. Cup of coffee early in the morning
2. Limit water intake
3. No breakfast before weigh in
4. Use the restroom as many times as I can before weigh-in

LOL Seems silly now that I am actually typing it. But yes, I am doing all of this every Sunday before WI on Monday.

Anyone else?
Love it! Maybe I should switch my weigh in's to the morning , they are usually in the evening after work. I just stop eating & drinking 3 hrs before I weigh in. BUT, I make sure I wear the same outfit every week so I can't blame anything on my clothes! LOL!!!
lovetorun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default weigh-in rituals -2

Love it!
Have also devised a standardized routine before my weigh-ins. Have not found the smooth move tea but it sounds like a treasure hunt I need to do! The other things all make sense to me...but one other thing I do is to pay attention to the sodium content of what I'm eating the 36 hrs before. Some of the soup packets are REAL high in sodium. I am older...(64+)...so at this point in my life, find I retain water when I have too much sodium...and it doesn't matter how much extra water I drink...it takes more than 24 hrs for my body to get rid of the effects from it. Also, because of that I limit seafood for my dinner protein ...like shrimp... the night before. Once I started to do that my losses went from +/- 2 lbs to between 3-4 pounds for the last 3 weeks!!! Hooray...there's been dancin' in the street! At my age I didn't expect to see that! Have only been on this for just under 7 weeks now, so every single tip helps me tremendously.

My next weigh-in is on Thursday...and this Am I was down a total of 18.3 lbs. My mini goal is 25 lbs by St. Patty's Day....I missed my Valentines day goal by a little more than a lb. (Was hoping to be at 15 lbs and was still under 14 lbs.
Now my long range sight is set on 65 lbs by my 65th B-day in August, and I am like the little engine...."I think I can...I think I can!!!"....thanks everyone for all your help!
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

So nice to know I"m not the only one!

I always have my WI in the morning. That day I do not eat or drink anything before I leave the house--I bring a pre-made shake with me to drink after the WI. When I get to my coach, I always go to the bathroom to be sure I'm not counting anything there. And, I try and wear the same pants and bra each time, and to wear a cardigan with a tank so I can take off the sweater. I just try to keep it consistent so I don't get burned by heavy jeans!!
Debrasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:30 AM   #5  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

Height: 5'4"

I have this Dieter's Green Tea that I bought from a Chinese herbalist but I'm not religious about drinking it. Maybe I should step it up!
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:08 AM   #6  
IP start date 2/4/13

The sodium is such a good point. I need to remember that. But that's also why I soak in epsom salts the night before. Maybe I will do it again before weigh in this morning for good merit
Old 02-25-2013, 09:47 AM   #7  
Started IP 01/31/13

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

I try to wear lightweight clothes and go to the bathroom first, but that is all. I am going to watch out for salty foods as I retain water easily. However, I know that on balance if I just follow a fairly normal routine week to week it will all balance out.

If I were to follow your routine one week, I'd have to keep it up for WIs to be the "same." If I never do it, then my WIs are still the same. I'm in this for the long haul, it will all work out over time.

Relax and enjoy the ride...this program works. We don't need to stress about it and try to game the WIs. It works without all that going on.
Msbehaving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:47 AM   #8  
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013

S/C/G: 277.4/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

I weigh in around 3:00, so I can't avoid eating or drinking too much. But I don't let myself have ham 2-3 days before weigh in, I try and go to the bathroom as much as I can, with a stop at home right before weigh in (otherwise from work, to pick up kids to weigh in it's 45-50 min since I last went lol)

AND I always wear slacks as my jeans are heavier lol And I wear the lightest shirt I can (I don't strip for mine)
Calisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

I weigh in at 6:30 at night on Tuesdays so that day is a challenge. I always have the same foods - shake for breakfast, pudding for snack, cappuccino drink for lunch and peanut puffs as my restricted. I used to bring them with me to eat the second after I weigh in but now I realize they don't make any difference, especially since I now only have half a pack, so I eat them in the afternoon before 3pm and it really helps.

I also stop drinking anything by 3pm but bring my 1L bottle of water with me and glug it back after I get off the scale.

I wear the lightest clothes possible and ALWAYS pee right before weigh in.

I also watch my sodium the two days before and don't go to the gym Monday night because that can cause me some water retention as well.
IPdivajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #10  
IP start date 2/4/13

I guess what I do now doesn't seem as much of a big deal since I am used to these kinds of things.

A year ago before my wedding I would wrap myself up like a mummy with ace bandages after rubbing some Brazilian salve all over myself and sleep in plastic. Needless to say I was one of those cray cray brides determined to look good.

Thanks for chiming in ladies. Good to know I'm not the only one out there with WI tactics
Old 02-25-2013, 12:32 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 257/200/190(?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
I wear the lightest clothes possible and ALWAYS pee right before weigh in.
My ritual is not nearly as extensive as some of yours, but I definitely make sure I do these two things.
Shawsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #12  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

This is yet another reason I'm seriously considering not going back to the clinic. Yes, I have rituals involving Smooth Move tea, making sure I wear exactly the same kind of /weight of clothing each week, and I don't eat or drink the morning of, and I take an extra diuretic the night before.

I don't think it's right that I should feel I have to do all this stuff to answer to someone...yet the week I show up there retaining water (health issue not IP related) I got "the eye" because according to him, the scale hadn't moved in a week. According to MY scale at home, which I step on every single morning, I'd lost 2 lbs throughout the week, he just get to see me on a bad day. I now only go in once ever 2 weeks so his scale moves each time, but I really don't think I need it. I'm doing great on my own, and have moved into a lot of alternatives anyway.

Last edited by leannekarella; 02-25-2013 at 03:41 PM.
leannekarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:55 PM   #13  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Ahh weigh in rituals! Like others before have said, I am glad I am not the only one. lol. I don't think I do much as I hadn't ever thought about sodium restricting or diuretics.
My WI is in Tuesday morning so I save breakfast till right after, try to wear the same outfit (helps with the measuring as well, since my coach seems to come up with crazy numbers each week- well now that I say that, maybe it doesn't help at all lol) and I always take off my shoes!

Thanks for sharing <3
MntRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:39 PM   #14  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

I do my WI Tuesday mornings also. I drink 4-5 oz of water when I first wake up, then take a RTD with to drink on my way home. I wear similar clothes each week, and take my shoes off to weigh. I use the restroom right before I go in. I don't change anything the day before though. I figure it will all work out in the end. I am glad to know that I'm not alone!
crazynette826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #15  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 225/175.5(home) 176.2(IP)/120

Height: 5'0"

Hm. I weigh on Sundays usually about 2 p.m. and I can't go that long without food etc so other than wearing the same clothes which now look awful, I don't do anything special.
Desafinado is offline   Reply With Quote