Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #1  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Default I didn't think the scale would EVER move

I know it's my pattern. It's been my forever pattern. But geez... my weight has been at 184.6 or up to 187 (always gain around ovulation) since Feb. 9th. 16 days. And it's ONLY moving now because I ovulated a bit early. It should be another 3-4 days until I see a movement.

Man... that gets OLDDDDDD to be cutting calories and ramping up workouts and to see nothing or gains on the scale. Even though I've been seeing that for over two years, it still is HARD to take.

So... I am celebrating the .2 loss on the scale this morning and I'm hoping it's the first of at least 4 for this month.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #2  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

You are so much more patient than I think I would be in your shoes! But at least you have some consistency to depend on. That has got to be reassuring at least (no less frustrating I am sure!!!)

Enjoy every loss no matter how small it may seem

Although, I am beginning to notice a definite mother nature related trend on my graph! I have an IUD and don't really have a normal period anymore (Frankly I am not sure if I would remember how to have a normal period anymore! ), but it seems that no matter what, come that time, my hunger is insatiable and my will power is virtually non-existent. Then of course there is a 2-5 lb jump in my weight. Then it takes two weeks of slow to no loss, then a drop of a 2-4 lbs, for 2 weeks, then jump back up 2-5 lbs! While this is only my second month, I wouldn't mind if this was a fairly consistent trend though.
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 327/239.6/199

Height: 5'5"

You and I have very similar losing patterns..and it is so frustrating. This hormonal thing makes losing so very difficult. I had three months with very little movement and then finally after my TOM I lost 3 pounds last week. I expect very soon the ovulation creep up will start again. But I keep eating right and exercising and hope for those great 3 pounds losses no matter how infrequently they come!

You have been a huge inspiration to me on these boards!
Unicorn67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

Every time I read your posts, I always think about how similar you and I are!

I spent an entire year at 160 - I'd gain 2 pounds on a business trip, then slowly lose it, then gain a pound, lose it, etc. - ad nauseam.

I stopped weighing myself for a month or so last fall, just concentrated on exercising and maintaining my eating plan and almost fell out of my chair when I finally did weigh in and I'd dropped 6 lbs.

Now - I'm like you - I celebrate every freakin' ounce I lose!!! After 2+ years of working at it, you HAVE to celebrate!
Lunula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:46 PM   #5  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

That's an awesomely inspiring attitude to have in spite of the frustrations, berry! Go you!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/130

Height: 5'1.5"

I'm happy it finally broke for you. I was stuck at almost the same weight for 14 days this month (187.4 to 188.4) and then finally broke through and got down to 184.0. This morning, I was inexplicably at 185.4. Gah! Still, I always consider my current weight to be whatever my lowest recent weight was as long as I've stayed on plan. That is my story and I'm sticking to it!
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:56 PM   #7  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

I feel your frustration
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:02 PM   #8  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

good for you for hanging in there! Would it help matters to only weigh once a month or something like that? I'm not sure I would have the will power to go that long myself, but I know there are some people who do.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:10 PM   #9  
Melissa

Going once a month or daily wouldn't change anything. I would still not see signs of downward movement or would worry there wouldn't be downward movement, etc.

As it is, I don't weigh myself every day any more during "stuck" phase as I don't care to know that it's going up and up. HOWEVER, when I think ovulation is close, I will weigh as it also helps me pinpoint ovulation (since other signs are weakening as I'm getting older). Not that I care so much about when ovulation hits, but I DO care about when my period starts so I can be prepared.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:13 PM   #10  
Melissa

Which reminds me of when I was in WW years ago. The WW leader was always a bit skeptical of my pattern. She would chastise me (or scorn) for two weeks and be all, "See, you can do it if you set your mind to it" the next two weigh-ins.

Of course, the first couple months I didn't know that was my pattern, so I thought it must be because I just wasn't trying hard enough. Well... no amount of trying (well, maybe not eating) would work. it's just the way my body works.