Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2003, 09:56 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #31

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #31

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous lbs Down Friday We get to crow about loss or ask for help
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

CURRENT CHALLENGE IS UNTIL DECEMBER 31ST. TO LOSE 30 LBS BY THEN.

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.
Old 10-04-2003, 09:59 AM   #2  

SATURDAY: Sunny Thoughts Saturday. Share with us some good news if you have any!

ONE WEEK CHALLENGE STARTING TOMORROW!!!! WE ARE GOING TO SHOOT FOR ANOTHER 5 DAYS OF 4 POINTS FOR EACH OF US AND I WANT A 100% THIS WEEK! YOU HAVE SUNDAY THROUGH NEXT SUNDAY 5 OF THOSE DAYS OP OF 4 POINTS!

Talk to you later ladies!

Faye
Old 10-04-2003, 10:23 AM   #3  
I Can and I Will

Good Morning Ladies!! WELL... i got all 4 yesterday!! Even with eating a big juicy burger and some french fries... I dont know how that happened but i am extrememly happy!! I didnt do my yoga yesterday so i will do it this morning when i am finished posting. But i did do the grocery shopping... Friday is my shopping day. Sunny thoughts.... I was able top eat that hamburger and french fries and still come under my calorie intake for the day... WOO HOOO!! It has been soooooooo long since i had one... and it was sooooooooo delicious... ok enuf about that already!! LOL
I hope you all have a fabulous day!! Faye... CUBS WIN CUBS WIN!!!!!!!! I watched the game... very good game!
Remember to take care of U

Sandy
Old 10-04-2003, 11:55 AM   #4  

SandyB: YOU GET A:

My sunny thoughts are purely selfish today. First off, the CUBS need to only win this afternoon and they have the division championship and just a little closer to the world series. AS FOR ME, I have been eating poorly, not getting in enough water and even exercising less than usual because I have been going through some tough menopause stuff again starting the Monday we came back from Chicago. I have been extremely exhausted all the time even with enough sleep and so have eaten whatever is easiest and quickest. My sunny thought is that I am going to get past this little glitch and get myself to feeling stronger and better knowing the only way to do that besides the fact that I start back on my progesterone cream tomorrow is to eat well and exercise. I am leaving you to go to the mall and walk my 3 miles so have a good day ladies and just keep me in your thoughts. I need everybody's strength right now to just kind of hold me up for a couple days!

Faye
Old 10-04-2003, 12:23 PM   #5  
I Can and I Will

Well... i was under calories... til i remembered i had 2 beers... so
i was over... but oh well... stay strong Faye.. we are all here holding u up and cheering you on!

Sandy
Old 10-04-2003, 03:27 PM   #6  

Thanks, Sandy! I went and did 2.5 miles in the mall and then went grocery shopping so I do feel somewhat better and I know that after about 2 days of my hormone cream I will be fit as a fiddle. I am just a stubborn broad that can't stand to feel "out of control" no matter what the reason! I am fine ladies, just really tired feeling, but exercising helped as it always does. I am going to sit down with Jack and watch the CUBS whoop up on the Braves in about 1/2 an hour and make us some lunch.

Faye
Old 10-04-2003, 09:37 PM   #7  

Hi Everyone!
I'm sorry I didn't check in yesterday, but I've been really busy. I do get all 4 points for yesterday and today though.

I got to do some shopping and I'm so excited, I bought an exercise mat, yoga bricks,the walk away the pounds videotapes and 1 pound hand weights, now I have some variety and new things to try out! I have a yoga for beginners and yoga for seniors and taebo so we'll see what goes well and what doesn't.

Take Care,
Lisa
Old 10-04-2003, 10:38 PM   #8  

Hi girls...got 4pts yesterday and 4 today. Count me in on the challenge. Okay gotta run now preping some things for Gizmo's & Kit's little b-day party/family get together. Wish me luck on staying within my WW pts.
Old 10-05-2003, 09:49 AM   #9  

SUNDAY: Today is silly Poll Sunday! Here is today's Silly Poll:

You have finally been recognized for your accomplishments and looks like you will become rich and famous. Just what is it that you are famous for?

dancer, writer, singer, actor, chef/food item, athlete, clothing designer, decorator, diet guru

OUR FOUR POINTERS:

Dorothy
Lisa:

Boy, when I make these things, I don't pay much attention to them until they are done. I love to dance, but that wouldn't be it, I am a writer, a singer, a cook, a decorator, but I think I would like to be a diet guru because I would like to be the ONE person who cut through the BS and wasn't just MAKING MONEY off of people but would really like for them to lose weight. Many people have started out that way with good intentions and ended up on the other side hawking their own pills, shakes, bars etc. I can name several, Atkins, Dr Phil, Richard Simmons, and the list goes on and on. I don't find ANYTHING wrong with making money, but when you start out with a program, dising pill taking and the like and then you end up with your own line of the things I lose respect for you. Maybe one day I will write a book about my weight loss and what it took just to set the record straight!

Have a good day ladies! CUBS have to do it today or they are out of the running! Sooooooo, GOOOOOOOOOOO CUBBBBBBSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Faye
Old 10-05-2003, 10:02 AM   #10  

Hello,

I am here!!! Did not post all day yesterday, having withdrawals. Couldnt muster up the energy last night, this crazy work schedule of mine you know. Till 9 Friday night, back at 6:30a, yesterday...hope I get that other job, if for no other reason than better hours!

pts for Friday: 2 pts for program, 1 pt for water and 1 pt for exercise. Pts for yesterday, 2 pts for program, and 1 pt for water, no exercise, but going to do it before I got to work today at 11...off tomorrow and Tuesday, yeah!!!!!!

Silly poll?...I would be recognized as writer, and someone with a Doctorate in Counseling Psychology..I would specialize in women's issues, and weight loss, and I would travel giving seminars and workshops, and offering retreats for overweight folks.

Dorothy, bravo, you are doing well!! Keep up the good work!

Lisa, Sandy, and all the rest of you gals, ck in with you later...have a great day!
Old 10-05-2003, 09:13 PM   #11  

Pam: YOU GET A: for points.

Faye
Old 10-05-2003, 10:55 PM   #12  
I Can and I Will

CUBS WIN!! CUBS WIN!!
WOOOOO HOOOOOOO Faye!! I got all my points today and only points for h20 and exercise yesterday... went over on calories by 48... damn it... oh well... its a new day and a new week... I am going to stay on program from now on... i will think b4 i do and i will choose wisely! thats my motto from now on! Take care of u ladies!!

Sandy
Old 10-05-2003, 10:57 PM   #13  

CUBS WIN CUBS WIN CUBS WIN! 5-1!!!!!! ON TO THE FINAL SERIES PLAYOFFS WITH THE MARLINS AT WRIGLEY!!!!!
Old 10-06-2003, 08:32 AM   #14  

Good Monday Chickies,

How are ya??

Faye, glad your cubs one! Personally I am a Braves fan..oh, well there is always next year..............

pts for yesterday: 2 pts for program, 1 pt for water...I HAVE GOT TO EXERCISE!!! HAVENT DONE IT SINCE FRIDAY!!! WHY AM I PROCRASTINATING????

Hope all you chicks have a healthful day, will ck in this afternoon.

Toodles
Old 10-06-2003, 09:31 AM   #15  

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday. Our mission this week to to WIPE OUT PROCRASTINATION! No matter what part of our weight loss we are hedging with, we need to get tough, get strong and get back to business.

This mission points 5 fingers right at me girls, so don't think I did it to point at you! I am getting past my sloppy behaviour and doing what is right for me and my body!

We have the opportunity to clean up our act with our challenge again this week and that is what we are going to do!!!!!!

OUR POINTS THIS MORNING:

SandyB
Pam:

Pam: Ooops didn't think about you being an Atlanta Braves fan, sorry. They are a spectacular team, our pitching is just so hot that it holds down the runs and Kerri Woods pitched last night and was HOT. Just think that they have been in post season play for something like 12 years straight proving just how terrifc they are and our little Cubbies have been out of it since 1908! I give all the credit to the new general manager who got Dusty Baker on board and then the midseason choices he made to round out the team. Now if we could strengthen the relief pitching we would really be set.

Today is clean the downstairs day and I have to get hopping. I have lots to do in the house and get my exercise in this morning as well.

Later ladies!

Faye
Closed Thread