Old 02-24-2013, 01:10 PM   #1  
Started IP 2/21/13

S/C/G: 324/311/211

Height: 5'10''

Default What to do if you don't like WF

Hi guys, I'm having a hard time. So far I haven't liked any of the Walden Farms salad dressings I have tried. I can't keep spending money on this stuff if I don't like it. I am really weird about food anyways. What's a girl to do for her salads? Are there any other brands that are good? I am a single working Mom so I don't really want to take the time to make my own if I don't have too. all suggestions greatly appreciated!!
lizard107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:23 PM   #2  
Started IP 01/31/13

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Default WF options

Some ideas I have seen are to add your own spices to WF to change the flavor or make your own dressings. Quite a few recipes in the internet. i don't know of any other brand with those stats.
Msbehaving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizard107 View Post
Hi guys, I'm having a hard time. So far I haven't liked any of the Walden Farms salad dressings I have tried. I can't keep spending money on this stuff if I don't like it. I am really weird about food anyways. What's a girl to do for her salads? Are there any other brands that are good? I am a single working Mom so I don't really want to take the time to make my own if I don't have too. all suggestions greatly appreciated!!
Someone on here told me when I started that they only used fresh squeezed lemon, olive oil, sea salt, and pepper. I too did not like WF. I had been making my own (asian style mostly) with olive oil, garlic, ginger, apple cider vinegar, mustard, soya sauce, lime any of those combinations, which really was not time consuming anyway. Well I thought the idea with lemon and olive oil sounded really boring. It's the only way I have eaten my salads since trying it. Just love it. Only difference is I add fennel seed as well. Good luck to you.
ladylunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #4  

Height: 5'2"

I've found a couple I like, but my go to is garlic paste, brown mustard, worcestershire sauce, and a bit of soy sauce. Blend to your liking then add a bit of olive oil. You can make it taste Asian or a faux Caesar.
AAAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:28 PM   #5  
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013

S/C/G: 277.4/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

When I am at work and forget dressing I put dill pickles on it (with a bit of juice) salt and pepper. But I LOVE dill pickles!

I also use a little olive oil, salt and pepper comboe. THe only WF dressing I like is the Caesar one.
Calisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:28 PM   #6  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

I used to use the WF Italian dressing all the time, it was the only one I liked.

For the past several months I make my own. I use one of the good seasoning shakers that came in a kit, but use my own seasonings.

If you don't want to make a big batch of dressing, just add the following right on top of your bowl of lettuce: 1-2 tsp olive oil, 2 tsp apple cider vinegar, salt & pepper to taste, and toss. You can try adding other spices like Italian seasoning.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:29 PM   #7  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

I can't stand WF dressings either. It's not 0/0/0 but I get Good Season's Italian dressing mix. 5 cal, 1 carb per serving before you make it. I make it up with just vinegar and water, and then add the oil directly to my salad, so I can make sure I'm getting the right amount.

With the Good Seasons, each batch I make, I put in different additives, though the flavor is very good on its own. Extra garlic, onion powder, dijon mustard, soy sauce, a little Splenda...etc...

This is the only salad dressing I like, and will take my 1 carb. I don't care for the lemon juice on my salad. I do eat just grapeseed oil and vinegar often, too, with pepper, salt and some carb-free McCormick salad topping mix.
leannekarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:43 PM   #8  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Make your own! Google "Ideal Protein salad dressing" and you should come up with a bunch of recipes. I do use the walden farms for certain things, but I prefer to make my own dressings for the most part, less preservatives!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #9  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

My coach sells the WF by the packet so I could try the diff kinds before buying some. I also like the packets for being able to put them in my purse on the go for the restaurant. Some aren't great and at first I hated them, but now I've grown to like them well enough for the convenience.

I use Renees "Tuscan Italian" for my italian dressing but not sure if you have Renees in the States
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
If you don't want to make a big batch of dressing, just add the following right on top of your bowl of lettuce: 1-2 tsp olive oil, 2 tsp apple cider vinegar, salt & pepper to taste, and toss. You can try adding other spices like Italian seasoning.
This is my main way to make salad dressing also, just put the ingredients on top of the salad and mix the salad or put them in a big bowl and mix your salad into the dressing. I hated trying to clean the little containers I would make the dressing in.
rofl306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:04 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

I do like some WF dressings, but mostly use my homemade one...

Oil
Apple Cider Vinegar
Spicy Mustard
Lemon Juice
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder

Last edited by IdealProteinNewbie; 02-24-2013 at 05:04 PM.
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:27 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

I am not one that really likes the WF products (i like the strawberry and pancake syrup, but that's about it). I haven't done it since re-starting IP, but i absolutely love the raspberry vinaigrette you make with the IP raspberry jello. Tastes really good! I typically make my own now (grapeseed oil, bragg apple cider vinegar, mrs. dash garlic, mrs. dash onion, salt and pepper). The homemade dressings just taste better to me and i know what is going into them.
BrittStar027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:26 PM   #13  
11/30/2015

S/C/G: 143/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisto View Post
When I am at work and forget dressing I put dill pickles on it (with a bit of juice) salt and pepper. But I LOVE dill pickles!

I also use a little olive oil, salt and pepper comboe. THe only WF dressing I like is the Caesar one.
I did the same thing with pickles on my salad! I've gotten to where I don't even eat the salads because I have no problem getting my veggies in and don't need the lettuce to keep the hunger away. Love my dill pickles. I go to Sams Club and get the giant jar.
Suzali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:53 PM   #14  
Fresh start

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizard107 View Post
I don't like at all the chemical plastic taste of WF, I use olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt and pepper, sometimes italian herbs, mix all for salad dressing, delicious! Husband who's picky loves this dressing. Good luck!
foreveryoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:16 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 240.8/226.8/170

I have only tried the WF Italian but one of the ladies I work with suggested mixing in olive oil and vinegar to make it taste better. Then again I have only been on 4 days now, and it's not horrible.
Airdebb is offline   Reply With Quote