Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-23-2013, 11:43 PM   #1  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Default calling all runners! I have a question.

Hey everyone,
So I am doing c25k. Since I am actually jogging so little do you think it would be safe to do it everyday? Atleast until I get up to higher lengths?
Thanks in advance.
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 24W/10-12/10-12

Height: 5', 5"

I'm a C25k graduate and am training for my first half marathon (I just finished my first 10 mile run yesterday...non-stop I might add) .

If you research running sights, you'll find that most people advise against running every single day (at any distance). I am told your body needs time to recuperate and your muscles need time to restore.

Having said that, there were days when I needed to adjust the C25k program to fit my schedule and actually ran 2 days in a row (instead of the suggested rest break). When I did, I definitely felt it and my second run wasn't as successful physically or mentally. My mind would become "tired" more easily when I ran back on back days especially when the time periods began to stretch out longer. I found that when I rested, my body felt stronger and mentally I was ready.

It all depends on your current level of fitness but I wouldn't advise doing back-to-back days once you get to the longer runs.

I graduated from C25k around May/early June of last year. I've run approximately 4-6 miles a couple of times per week since then. Now, I'm doing longer runs (I did an 8 mile, 3.3 mile speed run and a 10 mile long run last week). I still benefit from resting although I usually cross train on those off days.
free1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #3  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

thanks for the advice! I will be taking the breaks. I want this to become my regular exercise that I enjoy.. I really had a good run yesterday and so wanted to get that feeling again. but I will keep it safe.
sun is offline   Reply With Quote