Old 02-22-2013, 11:10 PM   #1  
New beginning on 2/22/13!

S/C/G: 272/264/145

Height: 5'6

Default New to IP - second time around

Hello,

This is my first time threading on 3FC. I have been reading blogs and looking at profiles and I realize there are so many people out there that are in the same boat. I am so happy I found a place for support.

I started my original IP program July 2012 and was unable to afford to stay the program. I am now financially in a better position and started again today. I am excited to begin this journey again. I am kind of doing this program on my own - I am ordering my food online because I seem to find it waayyy cheaper. So, I can't remember a lot of the things from my old IP coach.

I know we are supposed to start exercising after a certain amount of time but, I can't remember when. Also, I find that Walden Farms products taste too processed. Does anyone know of any other brands of condiments, salad dressings, etc.?

Thanks!
sryder06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:15 AM   #2  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sryder06 View Post
Hello,

This is my first time threading on 3FC. I have been reading blogs and looking at profiles and I realize there are so many people out there that are in the same boat. I am so happy I found a place for support.

I started my original IP program July 2012 and was unable to afford to stay the program. I am now financially in a better position and started again today. I am excited to begin this journey again. I am kind of doing this program on my own - I am ordering my food online because I seem to find it waayyy cheaper. So, I can't remember a lot of the things from my old IP coach.

I know we are supposed to start exercising after a certain amount of time but, I can't remember when. Also, I find that Walden Farms products taste too processed. Does anyone know of any other brands of condiments, salad dressings, etc.?

Thanks!
Hello and welcome!

First off, about the exercise, NO. You are not to exercise on the program. I was told I can go for a walk when I want, but nothing strenuous. You do not consume enough calories for your body to handle it.

I agree with you on WF products. I can't stand most of them.

I use Heinz Reduced Sugar ketchup (1 carb, 5 cal per TBLSP) it's not 0/0/0 as it's supposed to be, but I am careful about portion size. I make a bbq sauce using that Ketchup too, so I have that.

And for salad dressing, my favorite is Good Seasons Italian dressing mix. (find it in almost any grocery store near the salad dressings) and what I do is make that up with just vinegar and water (leaving out the oil) and then when I want to mix it up some, I'll add different seasonings to it. Today it was Dijon mustard and a little Splenda for a sweet, honey mustard dressing.
leannekarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Welcome. I am also fairly new, but doing well so far. Condiments I use are bold and spicy mustard, franks hot sauce, sirachi (not sure on spelling but chinese hot sauce), reduced sodium soy sauce, and for stir fry's I will also add a tiny splash of fish sauce or seasame oil. Worchestire splash for beef stew or in extra lean ground beef dishs. Not sure if these last three mentioned are actual alloweds, but they haven't seemed to hurt in the small amounts I have used. Apple cidar vinegar is allowed.

I cook with coconut oil on top of having my required uncooked olive oil each day. The olive oil usually goes on my salads along with lemon, fennel seed, salt, and pepper. Also use lots of fresh ginger, garlic, chilli peppers (flakes or fresh), and lemongrass. I at first was making all these salad dressings with everything I have mentioned, but now have been enjoying salads with the simple oil and lemon.

I too am not a fan of WF, but tolerate the thousand island for big mac in a bowl. Right now my thing is roasted cauliflower cut up very small roasted with coconut oil, sea salt, pepper, franks hot sauce, and paprika. Cooked until quite dark so it's crispy. I think some people on this site call it cauliflower buffalo popcorn. Today I tried cabbage chips instead of kale, as those didn't taste so great to me. I really liked them. Just roasted the leaves on baking sheet with some coconut oil lightly brushed on leaves until dark brown in some spots (crispy) with fennel seed, sea salt, pepper.

Anyway that was a big ramble. One thing that was told to me here was that tastes change and mine sure did! Good luck.
ladylunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:06 AM   #4  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

If you are going to use IP products and are ordering on-line are you using www.plainprotein.com? They use priority mail so you'll receive your order pretty quick from them. I have been able to use the month typed into the promo code box (doesn't seem to be case sensitive) to get a 10% discount. However, I don't know how much you have to spend to get it! Some people have said that the amount you have to spend can vary from month to month. If you can afford to spend a little.... When I want to place an order, I usually put in any item and choose a large quantity, say like 6 of them. If the discount shows up, then I will back off the quantity to 5 of them. And so on and so on, until I determine how much I HAVE to spend to get the discount. Then, I erase the order and start over with what I really want to buy and make decisions based on what I want and how much I have to spend. Hope this helps. Jen
JenRem is offline   Reply With Quote