Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 07:03 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 2/21/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 02-21-2013, 08:34 AM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Happy Thursday!

So far so good on P3, I have been cooking up a storm for breakfast - today had LizRR's apple cinnamon oatmeal pancakes, I added a half a scoop of vanilla protein powder to the mix because I'm taking a Crossfit-style class at the Y this morning and figured I could use the boost. My muscles are definitely feeling the burn from adding more intense exercise, I did some light yoga to stretch out last night and was still sore this morning. It's all good though, I'm just thankful to be in good enough shape to be exercising this much to begin with!
Old 02-21-2013, 08:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 298.5/272/200

Height: 5'7

I'm starting IP today. Still nervous as heck but had my first shake and all is right in the world. I'm hungry though. I guess that's to be expected. I should start on my water intake so maybe I'll curb some of the hunger. Wish me luck.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:58 AM   #4  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsstunner View Post
I'm starting IP today. Still nervous as heck but had my first shake and all is right in the world. I'm hungry though. I guess that's to be expected. I should start on my water intake so maybe I'll curb some of the hunger. Wish me luck.
Congratulations on starting! Everyone says the 1st 4 days are the worst (for me it actually was day 4 - kind of nauseaous all day) and they're right. After that it's amazing how much easier it gets.

My suggestions would be to bookmark some of the recipe threads. There's a lot of great ideas on how to dress up veggies beyond just steaming them. My favorite has to be roasting - spritz with oil, salt, a little cayenne pepper and in the oven for 20 minutes.

Here's hoping the 1st 4 days fly by!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:06 AM   #5  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

mrsstunner & M35A2 - Grilled veggies are awesome too (though my grill is buried under about 18" of snow at the moment). Impatiently waiting for spring...

scorbett - Ohh, another recipe I haven't tried yet! Need to pick up more oatmeal this afternoon. I had 1 serving of oatmeal with a bit of PB2 in it yesterday morn - Mmmmm! (For the newbies - I am in maintenance now.)

The weatherman is saying we should see a bit of sunshine today; cant wait! Michigan sees so few days with sunshine in the winter it is a real treat when it peeks out. A friend and I are going to talk tonight to put together a "flower-garden-planning" party. We're all getting cabin-fever, and getting anxious for spring (realistically still 2 months away at least).

Have a good day!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #6  

Quote:
Wishing you MUCH success! Ketosis kicks in day 4 or 5 and it is an appetite suppressant! You have that to look forward to. Until then, my coach allowed 3-5 packets/day.
Eat ALL your veggies and HUGE salads.
You can also have 2 egg whites/day (they are 0/0/0)

Remember a lot of the hunger isn't REAL hunger (altho it feels doggone real! But you really aren't starving)...it is your head playing Jedi mind tricks with you, trying to get you to cave & feed the organism the amount it is used to being fed. A LOT of hormones and chemicals will be screaming at you. Drink LOTS of hot herbal tea and boullion (it also helps with the ketosis-flu symptoms).

Cooked veggies help me feel more satiated than raw. That may help, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
mrsstunner & M35A2 - Grilled veggies are awesome too (though my grill is buried under about 18" of snow at the moment). Impatiently waiting for spring...

The weatherman is saying we should see a bit of sunshine today; cant wait! Michigan sees so few days with sunshine in the winter it is a real treat when it peeks out. A friend and I are going to talk tonight to put together a "flower-garden-planning" party. We're all getting cabin-fever, and getting anxious for spring (realistically still 2 months away at least).
Oh man! DH takes a broom to the grill. We use it all winter! Unless we have to chip away ice. Thanks for reminding me. I'll put the cover on it today because an ice storm is on the way.

And sunshine in the winter is one of the FIRST things I noticed when I moved away from Michigan. I remember calling my mom and saying, "It's sunny here in the winter!" I lived in Lansing, which is one of the cloudiest cities in the world!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:43 AM   #7  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

I'm guessing a couple more months and I'll be able to enjoy all the phase 3 breakfasts like you Scorbett.

mrsstunner- water will definitely help. Don't forget it's ok to have a 4th packet if you get really hungry today.

greeniris the garden planning party sounds sounds like fun. I'm gonna have to steal that idea.

I went shopping last night because all of my pants are way too loose on me. I swear every time I go shopping, I have a heck of a time finding the right size and length pants. I spent 2 hours shopping at 4 different stores just to buy 4 pairs of pants. I'm looking forward to maintenance and not having to buy new pants every 6 weeks.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:58 AM   #8  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Smile Morning, All --

First things first:

Mother Of The Groom: Congrats on your fantastic week 1 loss!!! 10 lbs, wooo-hoooo! We're on our way, baby!

Dinie -- Congrats on your 4 lbs loss . . . even AFTER dinner! It must be a relief to have made the "jump" to an evening WI now.

Lisa -- I lived in Lansing for 3 years. I had no idea it was such an overcast climate . . . I was in law school at the time . . . barely saw the light of day anyway . . . I do remember my husband complaining about something or other though.

MrsStunner -- I started 8 days ago. The first night, I was unbelievably hungry . . . I finally just went to bed to escape it. The next two days brought bad headaches and some sleeplessness. Day 5 things smoothed out big time. My first WI was fantastic and I am here on day 9 to tell you that, no matter how you feel in these first few days, bear down, get through it -- herbal tea w/splenda helped me in the afternoons -- and it will be more than worth it!! Just do what you need to do to get yourself through your first week -- I began basically treating myself as if I was sick -- doing very little, lots of fluids (water), low expectations for myself as far as housework, etc. You'll do great!

Bubbleblower -- Wow, you have quite a re-entry ahead of you . . . I hope you can soak up as much fun and relaxation as you can before then!

I made Big Mac in a Bowl last night -- even for my husband and son, though theirs included cheese and regular Thousand Island. Quite tasty and filling!

Have a good day, all!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:58 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/183/160

Height: 5'8"

Default MyFitness Pal

Good Morning, For those of you using Myfitness pal, do you put in your vitamins for the day so you get an accurate look at your nutritional information?

Just started using it and I think it will help keep me motivated and start figuring out patterns. Just got invited to go with some friends to Italy in May! So excited. They already booked a Villa outside of Pisa with some friends and had a spare room. I can't believe I am going to do it. I can be at goal and I am REALLY hoping I make it before the trip. Will have to figure out what to do on the trip later. But, for now, focusing on 100% and making it to goal before I go!

Have a great day everyone
Old 02-21-2013, 10:14 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 279/223.5/150

Height: 5.5'

Good morning everyone! Feeling great today, looking forward to whatever the day brings me.
Have a 100% op fabulous day!
Old 02-21-2013, 10:45 AM   #11  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Alma, that is sooo exciting!! What a great incentive to stay OP to goal so you don't have to be OP in Italy!!!

Okay, so yesterday I posted that I was up 2 lbs from last week WI. I was kinda bummed but not freaking out cause I knew I just needed to stay OP and it would be okay. Today was my WI and I was down 3 lbs from yesterday!!! It's only 1 lb from last week but I am sooo excited!!! TOM and I am still down!!

I have been thinking that if my weight loss slows down a lot...like a lb a week I am going to go to phase 2 or 3 and get back to the gym. I need to get started training for Tough Mudder this summer plus I really miss my workouts! I'm gonna give it a couple more weeks but if I don't lose more than 1 1/2 lbs/week then it's time to get back. I understand now what I need to do to lose weight and that carbs are the killer for me so I feel confident that this will be the right decision.

Of course if my weight loss doesn't slow down then I will keep doing what I'm doing for a while longer! :P
Old 02-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 298.5/272/200

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
Congratulations on starting! Everyone says the 1st 4 days are the worst (for me it actually was day 4 - kind of nauseaous all day) and they're right. After that it's amazing how much easier it gets.

My suggestions would be to bookmark some of the recipe threads. There's a lot of great ideas on how to dress up veggies beyond just steaming them. My favorite has to be roasting - spritz with oil, salt, a little cayenne pepper and in the oven for 20 minutes.

Here's hoping the 1st 4 days fly by!
Ya know, I haven't even looked at the recipes really yet. I've concentrated so much on the diet itself and reading up on alternatives and such that I guess it slipped my mind. Thanks for the idea on roasting veggies, its sounds yummo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
We are big grillers too when the weather cooperates. In fact, that's how we cook the majority of our meals throughout the summer. Wonder if I can grill veggies on a George Forman grill? Anybody do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Wishing you MUCH success! Ketosis kicks in day 4 or 5 and it is an appetite suppressant! You have that to look forward to. Until then, my coach allowed 3-5 packets/day.
Eat ALL your veggies and HUGE salads.
You can also have 2 egg whites/day (they are 0/0/0)

Remember a lot of the hunger isn't REAL hunger (altho it feels doggone real! But you really aren't starving)...it is your head playing Jedi mind tricks with you, trying to get you to cave & feed the organism the amount it is used to being fed. A LOT of hormones and chemicals will be screaming at you. Drink LOTS of hot herbal tea and boullion (it also helps with the ketosis-flu symptoms).

Cooked veggies help me feel more satiated than raw. That may help, as well.
Boy you are full of lots of helpful info huh? Thank you for the well wishes, I'll take all of them I can get I had no idea I could have egg whites in addition to my packets/meal. Awesome! What about eggbeaters instead of eggwhites? Is that ok? If so, wonder how much is equal to two egg whites...
What's the deal with the boullion? I didn't know that either? Just mix with hot water like a soup?
I'm gonna get flu symptoms? O goodness...didn't know that either. Guess I need to keep reading huh... Thanks so very much for all the help and info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
MrsStunner -- I started 8 days ago. The first night, I was unbelievably hungry . . . I finally just went to bed to escape it. The next two days brought bad headaches and some sleeplessness. Day 5 things smoothed out big time. My first WI was fantastic and I am here on day 9 to tell you that, no matter how you feel in these first few days, bear down, get through it -- herbal tea w/splenda helped me in the afternoons -- and it will be more than worth it!! Just do what you need to do to get yourself through your first week -- I began basically treating myself as if I was sick -- doing very little, lots of fluids (water), low expectations for myself as far as housework, etc. You'll do great!
Hooray! I have a newbie buddy and thanks for the heads up! I'm lucky I guess b/c I'm a SAHM so I limit myself if I need too. I figured if I got to hungry I'd just drown myself with water but hot herbal tea sounds wonderful too.
I love all the encouragement you guys have offered. Certainly didn't expect everyone to be so encouraging! It's pretty awesome.

Thanks everyone! My mom has started with me today too. Cross your fingers for both of us!
Old 02-21-2013, 11:02 AM   #13  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
WELCOME!

Drink lots of water these next few days... Eat as much lettuce as you want to "fill the hole" and remember that though these first few days are a b*** it DOES get better and the results are fabulous!
Old 02-21-2013, 11:11 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 250/241/135

Height: 5'6

Good morning all! Hope everyone is having a great day! Haven't been on much for the last few days cause I was on days off from work and spending time with my husband and kids. Stayed totally on plan with the exception of 2 shaved ham slices I had on my veggies one day at lunch. I'm not having any restricted items so I doubt 34 extra calories of ham would make much of a difference on the scale. I also tried the chocolate mug cake last night. Blech. Don't think I made it right because it seemed like chocolate flavored dehydrated condensed fine curd cottage cheese. Surprisingly my 2 year old had the nerve to like it when I let him taste a piece.

I learned my lesson about daily weighing when I gained 3 pounds of water weight yesterday morning, but two came off this morning so I'm still 7 pounds down from when I started on Sunday. I'm trying to get it stuck in my head that this is going to be a year long journey of learning and growth and that fluctuations are a totally normal and natural part of weightloss.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:18 AM   #15  
Started IP 2/22/13

S/C/G: 189.2/156.6/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Need some info

I'm going to get back on the diet tomorrow. I did it before, but the huge markup on the vitamins (they insisted I needed for the diet to work) made it impossible for me to stay with. I take vitamins on a daily basis...my question..is it mandatory to buy their vitamins? Vitamins are vitamins, I thought
Closed Thread