View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 06:00 AM   #195
BillBlueEyes
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Thursday

Diet Coaches/Buddies – Did gym, CREDIT moi. A guy laughed at me because I started my dreaded lunges from the locker room along the corridor to the workout room. I'd started doing this to hold at bay the Sabotaging Thoughts that I don't need to do lunges. In fact, they were painfully difficult when the cast was first removed, but have become slowly more possible as the muscles have been worked back to normal. Also got in a walk to the library to pick up two books they had ordered for me. I've become more addicted to the library than to Amazon, especially liking that the library takes the books back.

Snacking was awful at the opening of a friend's art exhibit. It was timed when I'd normally have dinner, but wasn't dinner - just cheeses, crackers, humus, and baked bites. Good news is that I stopped, partially by leaving earlier than I had to leave. I didn't plan appropriately because I couldn't figure out what I wanted. Back on plan now.

onebyone – Yep, Yep, Yep, "ALWAYS gives me another chance to succeed a little bit more." Going forward is a real life NO CHOICE.

Joy (gardenerjoy) – Yay for busy. Do you have a bunch of clothes to buy before Paris?

Debbie (Lexxiss) – Those "in betweens" can get to me, too.

Beverlyjoy – Sobering, "people don't really care what you are or are not eating" as if we weren't the center of the universe. Good luck dealing with the sensitivities of your overweight SIL.

Tazzy - Three days without computers sounds like bliss. Kudos for getting past the junk food stuff.

nationalparker – Skipping a birthday lunch outing to avoid only bad choices is worthy of Kudos to be sure. LOL that "stress doesn't burn calories at warp speed" - or we'd all be skinny-Minnie’s.

Beth (bethFromDayton) – The big secret, "Portion control is so much easier when there isn't more to get!" Wish it could always be that way. Kudos for arranging exactly two Do-Si-Dos.

Readers -
Quote:
chapter 3
How Thin People Think

characteristic 7
You Focus on Issues of Unfairness
Are you surprised to learn that most thin people restrict their eating to some degree? They might be trying to maintain their weight or to stay healthy - or both. So they sometimes eat smaller portions than they would really like and choose healthy food when they'd really prefer to eat something else. They accept these limitations without too much struggle. They just don't think about it very much.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 39.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 10 years and 6 months