Old 02-20-2013, 02:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 272/226/160

Height: 5'4''

Unhappy im losing it....

and yes im still losing weight and doing great but im just feeling low and sluggish and sad. i dont wanna stop what im doing but im doing so well. i guess its just one of those days. any ideas on how to feel better and get back to that enthusiastic self again?

i still have all my goals in mind.... just that little thing in my head is like.. HEY JUST GO HAVE A BAG OF CHIPS... its ok! im like NO! lol... what do i do!!!!???
omgsasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #2  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

make sure you are eating enough good calories. When I feel overly tired, I have some steak and that always seems to help.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:52 PM   #3  

Thanks april snow! maybe thats just what i need!
Old 02-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #4  

After my cranky thread, I probably am the last person who should comment on what someone else should do today! There must be something in the air today!

Just don't have the chips no matter what!! You are doing so awesome and I love reading your threads and replies on others' threads. You have such a fun upbeat personality and you are rocking your weightloss.

Step away from the chips.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #5  

haha i know exactly what you mean elvislover! ive been so good with being positive throughout this whole thing.. but today im just like ahh screw it! but im stepping away from the chips.. i think the elliptical will do me some justice today!

and thanks for all your kind words and always reading a replying to my post! ur awesome
Old 02-20-2013, 03:46 PM   #6  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Yeah- I was going to ask what you were eating. For a couple weeks I was doing quite a number of meal replacements. I lost 6 pounds but felt awful.

What did you eat yesterday and the day before? Where are you in your cycle?

Good sources of protein is important to get all those amnio acids. L-tryptophan (turns into serotonin) and L-tyrosine (turns into dopamine) are incredibly important to your mental well being.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Go work out
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Missed the part where you said you were going to use the elliptical that's a good idea
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:08 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 277/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Sorry you're having a bad day! Definitely avoid the temptation of the chips -- you'll be so happy you did once you're out of your funk. I think that exercise is a great idea. Don't underestimate the powerful/awesome feeling that comes with making great choices.

Also: are you taking vitamins? I feel much better when I do, especially D.
allieballiebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 286/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Kudos to you for stepping away from the chips Soon as you get off the elliptical you'll feel that much better!
charliee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #11  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

On days like this, I know for me I focus mentally on what is really going on. I try to make sure that I am taking in good food that helps to keep my energy up, and I make sure to keep talking myself out of those cravings that I know will hurt me in the long run. This is when the mental aspect of leading a healthier lifestyle becomes crucial. One thing that helps me on those days is to DO something, whether it'd be read, workout, do my nails, take a long bath, clean, whatever I can do to keep me from falling into the rabbit hole. Keep your chin up because you have been doing so great!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:50 PM   #12  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Hugs
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:14 AM   #13  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

I agree with Pink Hurricane. You need a distraction. I hope working out helped. Keep a list of things that you can turn to when you feel like this. It will come again, and you'll be ready.

Also, have you had any sugar lately? I find that when I feel funky and it's not PMS time, I can usually trace it back to a little bite of a cookie or some chocolate that I thought "wouldn't hurt-- just this once." Sugar is something I just have to leave alone.

You know those commercials that say," You're just not yourself when you're hungry" -- so they give the person a candy bar, and they change their crazy personality back to normal? It's exactly the opposite with me! Eating the sugar makes me into something I'm not. I just feel blah!

Last edited by AwShucks; 02-21-2013 at 12:15 AM.
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:26 AM   #14  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I think we all make this assumption that "If I'm losing weight (or if I've lost all the weight I need to), I'll be happy."

I wish it worked that way but it doesn't. We're still human and we'll still have our normal, everyday issues. Of course, for many of us, the default of unhappy means our mind says, "Okay, if we're sad, eating will make us happier!" And actually, it does! Or at least it makes us think about something else. But it's not a real solution.

I highly recommend figuring out the underlying issue. You can do this by journaling or talk to someone or just talk it out to yourself. For me, when I'm feeling sad it's usually because I feel unproductive and that my life isn't moving forward (or in the direction I want to move). So doing some goal setting or brainstorming new plans makes me feel better. What's funny is that before, I would just make a batch of cookies or make an elaborate meal and never address the issue. Oh, I felt better but only until the next time.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote