Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 02-19-2013, 08:19 PM   #1  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Moisturizers

I may have asked this already, but I can't recall.

Does anyone have any moisturizers, store bought or home remedy, that they think work well? Most of them I've tried work really well when they go on, but by the next day it doesn't seem like they're doing anything.

My face and hands are just flaking away at this point.

Last edited by Vex; 02-19-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #2  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

I don't think I could live without Lush Celestial facial moisturizer and Mary Kay Satin Hands hand cream.
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:06 PM   #3  

Olay
hatgirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

I use Pond's Dry Skin cream on my face, and Vaseline Extra Strength Fragrance Free for my body.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:57 PM   #5  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

Coconut oil is what I use. I am tired of all the crap in the lotions I buy at the store. It doesn't clog my pores and I love how shiny it leaves my legs. I put it on before shaving too, and do hot oil treatments. I also use jajoba oil, almond oil, avocado oil, vitamin e oil and rose hip oil mixed in sometimes. Rosehip should not be used where u get clogged pores. It never stains my clothes.
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:07 PM   #6  
it's always something

I recently started using Aveeno creamy moisturizing oil. It's helped quite a bit with my dry winter skin.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:42 PM   #7  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

For my face, I use Clinique Dramatically Different lotion. I've used it since I was a teenager and even though I've tried a few other things over the years, I always come back to it.

For my hands, it's Neutrogena Norwegian Hand Cream. If you haven't tried it before, the consistency takes a little getting used to, and you only use a small amount, but it really works wonders.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:02 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I ise moisturizer, everyday. It is one of the thinks I do daily, you know the drill, brush teeth, apply deodorant , apply moisturizer.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:41 AM   #9  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
I ise moisturizer, everyday. It is one of the thinks I do daily, you know the drill, brush teeth, apply deodorant , apply moisturizer.
oh, yes, I meant to comment on this aspect too. Putting moisturizer on one day doesn't mean your skin will be fine the next day. It's definitely a daily thing, well, really 2x a day for my face (after shower in the morning and after face washing, before bed at night). And multiple times a day for hand cream or lotion because you wash your hands so frequently during the day.

I also make sure to put on hand cream at night, before bed, when it has lots of time to soak in and do it's job. And also body lotion and foot cream - I apply a pretty substantial layer to my feet and then put on socks to sleep in, and wake up with soft and smooth feet. (If your feet are bad, it will take doing this for a while to get there, but then you can maintain them by doing this).
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:55 AM   #10  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Let me start by saying, I'm 51. I've been using Olay products for over 20 years and love them. I've tried other facial moisturizers but, I always go back to Olay. I especially like the regenerist line. The regenerist cream cleanser, serum and moisturizer are my favorites. In the Winter months I use the total effects moisturizer because it is a bit heavier.
For body lotion, I use Suave Cocoa Butter & Shea. Its mositurizing without being greasy and it smells great!
The Neutrogena Norweigan hand cream is great too!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:00 PM   #11  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

For my body I combine Aquaphor and then a body lotion you mix the 2 together and apply after showering it locks in the moisture.
We use Aquaphor on Mirco premmies there skin is gelatinous and very fragile.
Cleanse face Cetaphil,use moisturizer with sunscreen and Regenerist at night.
I am presently been going for Mircodermabrasion bought from Groupon.
Going for skin tightening treatment using Laser.
Plan to get skin treatment with Laser for resurfacing .
Plus I will need Botox.
I had relatively few wrinkles but with all the weight I loss took a toll on my face.
So now it's all about the maintenance.
Roo2
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:04 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 265/180/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbiegurl View Post
Coconut oil is what I use. I am tired of all the crap in the lotions I buy at the store. It doesn't clog my pores and I love how shiny it leaves my legs. I put it on before shaving too, and do hot oil treatments. I also use jajoba oil, almond oil, avocado oil, vitamin e oil and rose hip oil mixed in sometimes. Rosehip should not be used where u get clogged pores. It never stains my clothes.
Me too. This and Argan oil. My skin, my complexion, has been immensely better since I started using oil for a moisturizer. My skin is so soft. Both are also really great as a frizz tamer on hair. Just a small dab though!
FickleHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:21 PM   #13  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FickleHearts View Post
Me too. This and Argan oil. My skin, my complexion, has been immensely better since I started using oil for a moisturizer. My skin is so soft. Both are also really great as a frizz tamer on hair. Just a small dab though!
Aren't oils great! And much cheaper because they go a long way. Was going to buy argan oil but it was a little more expensive, but I do use argan shampoo and conditioner

I prefer natural remedies, so I will also add that you guys should try honey. I put it on my face atleast once a week for 10-20 minutes and it makes my face feel so soft and my skin glows. I also bought a humidifier recently because it's been so cold my hands were chapped. Probably because I am a compulsive hand washer. Hummidifers are supposed to help with wrinkles too! Best of luck op tell us what you decide on.

Last edited by chubbiegurl; 02-20-2013 at 12:23 PM.
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:43 PM   #14  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

The website I purchase my mineral makeup from (Smoky Mountain Minerals) also sells skincare products. An organic tea tree & aloe face lotion, a skin firming cream with DMAE & MSM, AHA exfoliating cream cleanser, 100% organic argan oil, emu oil, eye creams, etc. The prices are very reasonable and they offer discount codes pretty much every week when you sign up for their weekly email newsletter. They also have FREE shipping!
I've been using their mineral makeup for 7+ years now and LOVE it!

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 02-20-2013 at 01:45 PM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:39 AM   #15  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Oil of Olay for many, many years! Tried other products but always end up back using Olay and the soap too!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote