Old 02-13-2013, 10:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/230/165

Height: 5'9"

Smile Starting Friday....

Dun-Dun-Dunnnnn...

I'm super excited to finally start my journey; but, at the same time, there is this twinge of nervousness trailing behind me. I went into the center to sign up yesterday and the ladies were all so excited. I was excited! I've looked at the pictures on the wall and the website. I've read the testimonials and success stories. I just really want this to finally be IT! I think I'm gonna need all the support this site has to offer and I'm willing to share my experience as I go through it. I love seeing all of the positiveness on here. It just makes me even more excited to start.

Ladies, if there is any advice that you can offer, please do. I have about 55 pounds that I wish to lose. I want to look as fabulous as I'm finally starting to feel about myself!
MsHunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225.5/179/150

Height: 5'8"

MsHunny!

I look forward to sharing our journey together. This site has some wonderful suggestions, information, recipes and terrific support. My advice would be to read, ask questions, try it and if something doesn't work for you change it up....also, drink plenty of water!
Work In Progress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:45 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work In Progress View Post
MsHunny!

I look forward to sharing our journey together. This site has some wonderful suggestions, information, recipes and terrific support. My advice would be to read, ask questions, try it and if something doesn't work for you change it up....also, drink plenty of water!
Thank you so much for the welcome Work in Progress! I love the name, because aren't we all?!?! I'm definitely going to spend some time reading through all the threads to get helpful tidbits of info. I will definitely holler if help is needed! :-)
Old 02-13-2013, 09:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 167/129/125

Height: 5'2"

My advice is to Stick To Your Plan. I see a lot of posts that go "I'm so discouraged, I'm not losing. I stick to plan 100%. Except I don't drink my water. Why isn't this working? I do everything right. Except I eat some nuts/crackers/whatever when I'm really hungry. I'm not losing as fast as they said I would and I follow the plan to a T. Except I have a cheat meal every weekend."

You've invested a lot of money into MRC. So it's time to make the commitment and invest in yourself by doing it the right way. It will work, there are enough of us on here to prove that. You can do it!
MrsRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:05 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRiker View Post
My advice is to Stick To Your Plan. I see a lot of posts that go "I'm so discouraged, I'm not losing. I stick to plan 100%. Except I don't drink my water. Why isn't this working? I do everything right. Except I eat some nuts/crackers/whatever when I'm really hungry. I'm not losing as fast as they said I would and I follow the plan to a T. Except I have a cheat meal every weekend."

You've invested a lot of money into MRC. So it's time to make the commitment and invest in yourself by doing it the right way. It will work, there are enough of us on here to prove that. You can do it!
I just wanted to say I love this. Hard, cold reality is that being fat is easy and I can make all kind of excuses/exceptions why I should cheat or not work on this 100% but when it comes down to the bone, it's all on me. Plain and simple.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:47 PM   #6  

How are you doing today for your start date, MsHunny?
Old 02-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work In Progress
How are you doing today for your start date, MsHunny?
I actually did my load days on Sat & Sun. It was kind of hard to force the fatty foods. I'm on day 2 of the actual program and I feel fine. I'm trying to make sure I stick to the program, but I'm not really in love with all the drink mixes and the veggie scoop. I also am feeling full before I consume all of the required drinks. Tough problem to have, huh? Lol! Any suggestions?

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android
Old 02-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRiker

Thank you MrsRiker! I've been thinking about the same thing. I plan to stick to it...definitely! I want change and this is how I intend to get it.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsHunny View Post
I'm not really in love with all the drink mixes and the veggie scoop. I also am feeling full before I consume all of the required drinks. Tough problem to have, huh? Lol! Any suggestions?

I used to have the same problem with not feeling hungry, but I really do lose more when I eat what I should. I used to get out of my routine on the weekends-- I wasn't eating anything off plan, just not getting everything in. Then I never had a loss come Monday. When I say 'no excuses' it's because Ive been there and know there's never a good one!

Do you have the super fruit and veggie or just the super veggie? Both are definitely an acquired taste, but I now find myself craving them occasionally. And when I'm REALLY not hungry, I can chug some super veggie instead of eating a salad with dinner.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:04 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRiker
Quote:

Originally Posted by MsHunny

I'm not really in love with all the drink mixes and the veggie scoop. I also am feeling full before I consume all of the required drinks. Tough problem to have, huh? Lol! Any suggestions?

I used to have the same problem with not feeling hungry, but I really do lose more when I eat what I should. I used to get out of my routine on the weekends-- I wasn't eating anything off plan, just not getting everything in. Then I never had a loss come Monday. When I say 'no excuses' it's because Ive been there and know there's never a good one!

Do you have the super fruit and veggie or just the super veggie? Both are definitely an acquired taste, but I now find myself craving them occasionally. And when I'm REALLY not hungry, I can chug some super veggie instead of eating a salad with dinner.
I have the fruit & veggie. I'm learning to just chug down the drinks so that it's not really about taste. I'll be getting them in. None of them are great. I guess that's why it's easier to be fat. I'm going to work to make this an enjoyable enough experience. I just really need the extra weight off my frame and knees. I'm looking forward to learning how to eat regularly and maintaining a healthy weight.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:50 PM   #11  

MsHunny, definitely go through the recipe thread (the sticky at the top), there are wonderful recipes in there and ideas plus in the cookbook too. My Mom comes to dinner at least once a week and in the beginning she was sceptical about eating what I eat, now she's always excited at the new recipe I cook. She's even gotten the ingredients (spices, etc) and a few recipes to use at her house now also. My Mother is the total opposite of me, she has trouble keeping weight on (thyroid removed due to cancer and hyperthyroidism) so impression of dieting was starving, now she understands that while it may be considered a "diet" it's more about eating healthy and a life style change. She was also surpised at the amount of food I get to eat, it doesn't sound like a lot but as you know, it really is a bunch of food!

I didn't try the veggie drinks, just the HNS's and like you they definitely filled me up in the beginning but now I'm used to them and my meals.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:08 PM   #12  
I can do this!

S/C/G: 242.5/137.5/145

Height: 5'3

How does the veggie and fruit thing work, does your center make you put it in your plan or it is just your choice? I asked once and they said that if I could eat the veggies that it is better than getting that but i didnt know if I should buy some, if anything for convenience?
dkdaisybutters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:24 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdaisybutters View Post
How does the veggie and fruit thing work, does your center make you put it in your plan or it is just your choice?
one scoop allowed daily "for health benefits" or two scoops replaces a veggie serving. So, you do need to put it on your food diary. Two scoops is 60-70 calories ( depending on which one you use). I think it would be a problem if you were using it for EVERY veggie, I use it at dinner 2 or 3 times a weeks because I'm just not very hungry by then.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:54 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdaisybutters View Post
How does the veggie and fruit thing work, does your center make you put it in your plan or it is just your choice? I asked once and they said that if I could eat the veggies that it is better than getting that but i didnt know if I should buy some, if anything for convenience?
It's included in my plan. I have to have 1 scoop per day, as it contains about 9 servings of fruits and vegetables. I'm so not in love with it. I actually just got off the phone with my center and they were giving me suggestions on what to do to make it taste better.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:22 PM   #15  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

The center here doesn't have the fruit/veggie stuff you all are talking about. I love the new Blue Raspberry liquid drink mix they just got in. One day I mixed it with some cold water and squirted some real lemon juice in it. Boy was that great! I will definitely do that again. I drink the orange and pomegranate drinks hot like tea. I really enjoy these before going to bed.
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote