General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:13 PM   #1  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Default Donating plasma while dieting?

I used to donate plasma twice a week every week for about a year while I was in college. I exercised a lot but didnt really watch what I ate- and it didnt cause any problems as far as my physical activity went (Major in dance plus 60-90 minutes at the gym and teaching dance as my job).

Now- I weigh less, excersize about the same amount- but count calories and eat a lot less. I would love to get back to donating plasma but don't know if that's okay to do while in a calorie deficit (and training for running races)

Does anyone have experience or insight on this??
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:16 PM   #2  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

I think you should be fine.
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:46 AM   #3  

If I don't feel well...even the slightest run down or a sore throat, I don't donate. I've researched this and twice a week is fine.

Last edited by Aries86; 06-22-2013 at 05:46 AM.
Aries86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

I know where I used to go they did a finger prick and checked iron levels etc to make sure you were fit enough to donate. I personally no longer try because 3 times out of 4 my iron levels were too low and I couldn't donate in case something went wrong and they couldn't return the red cells.

I would think that you lab would be the same, testing for deficiencies that may cause problems. So I'd say give it a shot and see how it goes
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote