Old 02-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: See sig...

Height: 5'8

Default This is why i need you guys

How you guys doing?

So bad news today.

I had been using this old scale (all I could afford at the time) this hole time. Now, I knew it was at least a little off so I never set y heart on whatever weight it gave me however i just bought a brand new scale today and I found out that my old scale was 15 lbs off. So my weight went up from 234 to 250. Its ok, the amount I have lost is still the same it just pulls me a little bit further away from my goal then I was.

Part of me wants to be upset, the other part is reminding me that all of my clothes are fitting better and I feel a lot better. So whatever I guess
Bluejaybythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:41 PM   #2  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

Oh man... I know how you feel, kind of. Turns out my usual scale is under weighing me by about 8lbs compared to the doctor's scale... I asked for a weigh-in when I was there last week and felt like all my hard work had been undone in seconds

Like you say though, the amount you've lost is the same, and you've still got all the other benefits of what you've lost so far. I know it sounds trite when you look at the numbers, but I've been having to tell myself the same thing.

*hugs*
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:38 PM   #3  

The title under your name is the best one I've seen so far!

Thank you for the support. Its just one of those "shake your head ans sigh" moments.

I will admit I kinda felt ready to give up... Although it makes sense now, I always seem to run into snag in the 250s... I bounce form 245 to 250 and cant see to get passed it. I was wondering why that was happening at a weird weight now I know.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:57 PM   #4  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

The same thing happened to me. I got a new scale and my old one was 10 pounds off. It is very heartbreaking, but good for you for staying on task. This is a journey and not a race. Still sucks, but you still lost.

That is my horrid weight too. I waddle between 245-255 and I hate it. That's why I reassessed my goals and my diet. I have got to push past that period or I'll waste time there.
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #5  
Big Miss Sunshine

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/175

Height: 72.5"

This has been a problem for me and I will only weigh myself at the gym on the old "doctors" scale. My scale at home is actually nine pounds too high! I thought it was me but my husband found the same thing (after weighing at his doctor and another time at his gym).

The scale is only one way (weigh) to figure out how we're doing. I have to remember that. Looser pants. Bras that no longer gouge me. My rings spinning around my fingers. Those are huge success stories for me.

I've been told the scales lie. Three pounds of water weight gain makes me so upset - even though I KNOW that it is temporary. Better fitting clothes CAN'T lie. They're telling you that you're on the right track!
MissKoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:38 AM   #6  

You guys are totally right. I am glad you understand the "heartbreak" though. Its a weird feeling, you know, emotional brain versus rational brain. But you're right I am still right on track. I would be lying if I said that I didn't have the urge to go eat a 12 pack of tacos just because I felt like I had been pushed back... but that's silly .

Just in case you where wondering instead I went home and made a ham and avocado wrap with hummus and spinach. I know the avocados are kinda a no-no but you gotta let yourself have something right? And avocado > mayo.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #7  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Hugs
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #8  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

I lived through a 7 lb new scale reset, and yeah, it is super frustrating to see those lower goal numbers get pushed further out of reach. And yes, even with telling ourselves to focus on the progress we've made already, it's still a bummer.

But you have done a good job to Step Away From The Tacos. And avocados are healthy fat. As long as you aren't eating them by the case, it's good! lol!
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote