Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 06:01 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 2/13/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 02-13-2013, 07:28 AM   #2  

Good morning everyone. Tomorrow is WI day for me but my scale reflects a loss of 3.2. I go for my WI at lunch time and the scale usually reflects 1 l s more than the morning but I'm happy with my results! I would like to lose 60 more pounds but I think it will depend on the inches lost more than the weight.

I put on a couple of bracelets this morning and it seems that I have lost weight on my wrists!!! I know that the loss comes from everywhere but I had to share because it gave me a chuckle. Amazing results from the new way of eating!

Have a good day and look forward to reporting my loss tomorrow
Old 02-13-2013, 07:49 AM   #3  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Trina M - it's a great feeling to be losing all over, isn't it? :-)

Good morning! Happy Ash Wednesday all. I decided to give up Facebook/social media for lent (with the exception of this site and MFP as I need it to stay on track!

I spent my morning temporarily suspending facebook and deleting all my bookmarks on my laptop, I still have to do that on my iphone too. I'm hoping it makes me a better Mom & wife & friend to have to actually reach out IN PERSON to my friends & family. 40 days... here goes nothing!
Old 02-13-2013, 08:53 AM   #4  

Amazing that we lose the weight EVERYWHERE, not just in our chest, waist, hips, legs, arms

My rings are all loose. People have to change shoe sizes.
Everything changes.

If you don't believe EVERYTHING changes, I'm going to share a pic that was shared on FB yesterday...even our INSIDES change! This is about WAY more than cosmetics. So stop worrying about loose skin and lose the weight!

Forwarded:

Body scan of 250 pound woman and 120 pound woman. Now granted not everyone is 120 lbs its just about perspective. If this isn't motivation to lose the weight, I don't know what is!! Note to self: Look at the size of the intestines and stomach; how the knees are rubbing together; the enlarged heart; and the fat pockets near the brain.

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-13-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:58 AM   #5  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

G'morning! Just checking in!

I tried celery root yesterday, I used the mandoline and slice it thin and made chips! They were great!

Then I made jicama chips for dessert! I think I'm going to try cutting it into small cubes, roasting it with cinnamon and WF syrup then topping it with crushed IP cinn puffs! I def love jicama! (Of course Market Basket had them labeled as celery root...good thing I know the difference!)

The night before, I tried cauliflower fried rice...yummy!

I love that this plan is encouraging me to try veggies/methods that I've never had before!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:02 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
G'morning! Just checking in!

I tried celery root yesterday, I used the mandoline and slice it thin and made chips! They were great!

Then I made jicama chips for dessert! I think I'm going to try cutting it into small cubes, roasting it with cinnamon and WF syrup then topping it with crushed IP cinn puffs! I def love jicama! (Of course Market Basket had them labeled as celery root...good thing I know the difference!)

The night before, I tried cauliflower fried rice...yummy!

I love that this plan is encouraging me to try veggies/methods that I've never had before!
Me too! I told my coach I have to now LIMIT my veggies/day, rather than force them in! What a difference 6 months makes in a life!
Although a taste of something off-plan would be nice occasionally, I can wait until maintenance and know I'll never be able to eat the amounts I did. In the meantime, we have all these FABULOUS veggies!

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-13-2013 at 09:03 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:19 AM   #7  
JBP

Good Morning. I am a newbie to IP (on day 13) and am down 8 lbs! I am finding the most difficult time during the day for me and hunger is between breakfast and lunch time. I drink copious amounts of water during this time, but struggle with hunger each day. I typically have a chocolate or cappuccino drink for breakfast, but am wondering if I should switch it up a bit. Any tips would be great welcomed. Thanks in advance!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #8  
Reboot May 29, 2017

S/C/G: 250/250/180

Height: 5.4

Default Good Morning Fellow IPeeps :)

Although it's been difficult to stay OP now that I'm wintering in Florida, I am happy to say I am down another 5 pounds (this morning) in 2 weeks while here .

Some of you are writing about your favorite veggies. One of my favorite snacks is Kohlrabi. It tastes a bit like a raw potato or a turnip. I try to slice it paper-thin and eat it like chips! I've even had my non-IP friends try it and they love it . (I'll try to include a picture.)

Also started doing allot of physical activities: golfing, biking, shuffleboard, walking and (if the weather permits) swimming today

Have a great day everyone...and please keep posting your ideas, accomplishments and advice. I know people don't always post, but I do read your posts everyday...and thank you for that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kohlrabi.jpg (36.8 KB, 14 views)
Old 02-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Amazing that we lose the weight EVERYWHERE, not just in our chest, waist, hips, legs, arms

Everything changes.

If you don't believe EVERYTHING changes, I'm going to share a pic that was shared on FB yesterday...even our INSIDES change! This is about WAY more than cosmetics. So stop worrying about loose skin and lose the weight!

Forwarded:

Body scan of 250 pound woman and 120 pound woman. Now granted not everyone is 120 lbs its just about perspective. If this isn't motivation to lose the weight, I don't know what is!! Note to self: Look at the size of the intestines and stomach; how the knees are rubbing together; the enlarged heart; and the fat pockets near the brain.

Great comparison Lisa. Brings to mind a friend of mine that just lost his little sister. She was 42 years old, 5'2", 310lbs. She died of a heart attack because it couldn't keep up with the strain caring all that weight. I think of that often and motivates me even more to stay OP.

Congrats and good luck on everyone's WI today.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:53 AM   #10  
Started IP 1/12/13

S/C/G: 267/ticker/167

Height: 5'5

Good morning...i have a WI today and Im guessing down three..time will tell!
Old 02-13-2013, 10:03 AM   #11  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Me too! I told my coach I have to now LIMIT my veggies/day, rather than force them in! What a difference 6 months makes in a life!
Although a taste of something off-plan would be nice occasionally, I can wait until maintenance and know I'll never be able to eat the amounts I did. In the meantime, we have all these FABULOUS veggies!
Haha, I used to measure my veggies to be sure I ate enough...now I measure to be sure I don't eat too much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBP View Post
Good Morning. I am a newbie to IP (on day 13) and am down 8 lbs! I am finding the most difficult time during the day for me and hunger is between breakfast and lunch time. I drink copious amounts of water during this time, but struggle with hunger each day. I typically have a chocolate or cappuccino drink for breakfast, but am wondering if I should switch it up a bit. Any tips would be great welcomed. Thanks in advance!
I use the choc drink as a creamer in my coffee in 2-3 cups of coffee spread out from 7:30am to 10:30am...But I drink about 150 oz of water a day so I can have the extra caffeine. Having it spread out like that keeps me from getting hungry before lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepperTown View Post
Although it's been difficult to stay OP now that I'm wintering in Florida, I am happy to say I am down another 5 pounds (this morning) in 2 weeks while here .

Some of you are writing about your favorite veggies. One of my favorite snacks is Kohlrabi. It tastes a bit like a raw potato or a turnip. I try to slice it paper-thin and eat it like chips! I've even had my non-IP friends try it and they love it . (I'll try to include a picture.)

Also started doing allot of physical activities: golfing, biking, shuffleboard, walking and (if the weather permits) swimming today

Have a great day everyone...and please keep posting your ideas, accomplishments and advice. I know people don't always post, but I do read your posts everyday...and thank you for that.
I've never had kohlrabi...not sure if I've ever seen it (thanks for the pic)..now I gotta go looking for it! Great job on the weight loss!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffiner View Post
Good morning...i have a WI today and Im guessing down three..time will tell!
Good luck on your WI...
Old 02-13-2013, 10:39 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 224/211/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

Everything changes.

Forwarded:

This a great image. I had to meet with an orthopedic surgeon today because I've had some knee issues. Anyway, I learned that for every extra pound we are carrying on our body, that translates into an extra 3-9 pounds of pressure in our knees (pounds increase due to impact on knee, from standing to running). Just another reason to stay motivated!
Old 02-13-2013, 10:50 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

That image is inspiring! In the sense that if i don't get this weight off, i don't know what kind of future i have in store for myself. While being "skinny" will be fantastic, i can't wait until my body is healthy.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:59 AM   #14  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Default First Day

Morning, Everybody!

It's my first day and my first post here! I want to thank you all for the wonderful forum you have here. I have been reading various threads for days and have learned so much. I'm amazed at how supportive and generous you all are.

I just did the grand weigh in (gulp!) and measuring. Onward and forward!

P.S. To the poster above who gave up Facebook for lent . . . what a great idea! I will have to quickly consider doing the same. It is such a time sponge!
Old 02-13-2013, 10:59 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 220 / ticker / 140

Height: 5' 6"

I can't believe how much my energy has increased! It almost makes me feel antsy. The only down side is my DVR is filling up because I used to spend every evening laying on the couch watching tv and now I just can't do it. I watch maybe one show and then have the urge to get up and get something done. Sure helps with things that need done around the house! I was sooo excited this morning because my BMI on my weight tracker now shows "overweight" not "obese"!!
Closed Thread