Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2003, 06:50 PM   #1  

Default Lunch Ideas

I was wondering if anyone wanted to share some lunch ideas with me. I new to this, just coming off of WW. I'm curious what others eat for lunch.
Old 10-02-2003, 07:31 PM   #2  
Each Bite of Sugar...

Default Salad

I take this with me in my lunch cooler:

1 cubed chicken breast (cold)
1 cup romaine
1 chopped hb egg
2 slices bacon (bits)
cucumber
Small tomato
shredded cheese
LOTS of blue cheese dressing (Marie's has no sugar)

I mix it all up and pour the dressing over it. It fills me up and keeps me going.

I then have a celery/cream cheese snack and maybe a "snack" cheese slice.

I also pack my breakfast at times which can be hb eggs, precooked sausage/bacon, leftover steak, etc.

Just my standard lunch. There are days I want roast beef and cheese from the sandwich bar, too. Today it was chicken salad which was just canned chicken, mayonnaise and salt & pepper.

So simple....
Old 10-02-2003, 08:42 PM   #3  

Thank you Lisa. That salad sounds so good and filling too. I will definitely try it.

My weigh in today: 153
Thanksgiving Goal: 138
Old 10-02-2003, 09:05 PM   #4  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Today: egg salad - 3 hard boiled eggs, pepper, 1.5 tbs mayo, 1/2 cup red pepper strips and 1/2 cup cucumber slices with ceasar salad dip!

Yesterday: from cafetaria: bunless cheeseburger w/salad bar fixins and ranch dressing

Tuesday: sliced salami, with side romaine tossed salad w/italian dressing

Monday: leftover roast chicken, salad & ranch dressing.

Try and cook "extra" dinner food and you can usually make this, or add something to this, for a great lunch! I always keep cold cuts, cheese slices, pepperoni and other stuff I can just grab if required!

Froufy
Old 10-03-2003, 08:35 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Today I'll have a salad with tuna, cucumbers, olives and a sprinkle of soy nuts to give it that crunch... oh and my favorite blue cheese dressing (Maries)

Storybookmama on the Maries !

Pssssst.... their feta cheese dressing is pretty tasty too
Old 10-03-2003, 11:49 AM   #6  

Hello,

I don't remember where I got this recipe....But if you like Tuna, then you will LOVE this.....

Tuna Jerky

Serves: 1 to 2 people
Carbohydrates: neglible
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Occasion: Other
Effort: Easy

Ingredients:
4 cans tuna (water or oil packed -- light or white) mustard to taste
salt & pepper

How to Prepare:
This is a recipe I made up when I was a teenager back in the 70's and I was on the Atkin's diet for the first time. Back then I made it with oil packed light tuna but I now make it with water packed white tuna & it's still yummy! Simply mix together your tuna and mustard. I suppose you could add any other seasonings you like instead of or in addition to the mustard, like Worcestershire sauce, etc. Spray a glass pie pan with spray oil of your choice. Then press the tuna into the pan, mashing it thinly all over the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan, as if it were a pie crust. The thinner you can get it, the better! Once it is packed down, spray the top with another coating of spray oil. Add salt & pepper to taste. Bake in a low temperature oven (250 - 300, or 350 if you are impatient but watch it closely) and bake until the tuna turns a nice toasty brown color. Take out of the oven and let cool. Peel off the pie pan and you have tuna jerky! My husband thought I was nuts the first time I made it, but he liked it! This is not a company appetizer but a nice carb free snack when you have to have something crunchy & salty now!
Old 10-03-2003, 01:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 255/260/200

I usually eat out during the week, and I go to Baggins (I don't know if you all have that where you are) anyway, I order a sandwich w/o the bread and they will put it in a salad bowl, I put either ranch or mayo on it, it has more meat than a regular salad and costs a little less too!

Or if I bring lunch, it's usually a chicken salad or grilled hamburger pattie with lettuce, tomato, onion, and mayo.

Salad and a diet RC (spenda) usually fills me up good!
Closed Thread