General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:37 PM   #1  

Default Need help choosing the RIGHT plan. So MANY! Frustrated....

Hi All -

So I was pretty discouraged last night. I have been following the bodyrock community for quite a while and decided last night was the night to start one of the challenges which are basically HIIT exercised for about 12 minutes. Long story short, my body COMPLETELY disagreed with the exercises and caused an unbearable pain in my throat and ear after only 5 minutes. NO idea what happened... Because I can run and lift without this happening. I can only think that my body wont accept HIIT training.

That said, I really want a complete plan. I want something with an easy preferably cheap eating/meal plan I can follow, along with exercises I can do at home. With work/school and kids in the picture along with bf's late work schedule, gym isn't an option.

Any suggestions for something that fits these? I don't mind paying a few dollars but don't want a packaged meal plan or something that includes buying a TON of the programs products.

I am 5'8 about 175 and would like to get down to 150-155. I don't have eating preferences, low fat or carb preferences, or anything like that. As long as it helps me lose weight. I am not opposed to taking supplements.

Thank you all!
Amandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:41 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Why not do calorie counting? Myfitnesspal.com is a good site for that.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:07 AM   #3  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

to the forum.
Hope you are able to find a plan that works for you.
Roo2
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:22 AM   #4  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I agree with just trying simple calorie counting. Start weighing and measuring your portions, log it into MFP. It's free, and it's simple.

Be careful with My Fitness Pal though, I notice it tells everyone to eat 1200 calories a day or around that. Usually most people can get away with eating a lot more. I eat around 1630 a day myself.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:10 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I don't know anything about the bodyrock community. But I do know that HIIT can be a great way to get through plateaus and challenge your cardiovascular system. Depending on your physical fitness level you may not be ready for the challenges this bodyrock thing has set up. Here are a few simple ways I inject HIIT into my low impact workouts. These are all done while out walking:

- I stop and do 10 jumping jacks every 100paces.
- When doing squats I jump into the squat 5 times in a row
- Stop and do 3 push ups.
- Run 50 paces, walk 100 paces
- at the track I walk the rounded portion, and do knee ups, lunges, or side-to-side shuffles during the straight portion.

Anyway, it's not super high intensity but it does get my blood pumping! I once saw a guy doing HIIT at the track. He was jogging at a fast pace and then every 10 seconds he would squat and leap like a frog. It was awesome, I want to do that someday lol
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #6  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

!! I would think you'd be better off with calorie-counting because that way, you can choose what you want to eat without paying extra for "special" food. Just focus on lean proteins, legumes, veggies and fruit. Dairy is good if you can stomach it. This will be better in the long run. It is tough at first but easy once you get the hang of it, calorie-counting and meal planning that is.

As for the exercise, I have no idea why HIIT would have that effect on you like that. I'd try the above suggestions from other posters.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:16 AM   #7  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post
!! I would think you'd be better off with calorie-counting because that way, you can choose what you want to eat without paying extra for "special" food. Just focus on lean proteins, legumes, veggies and fruit. Dairy is good if you can stomach it. This will be better in the long run. It is tough at first but easy once you get the hang of it, calorie-counting and meal planning that is.

As for the exercise, I have no idea why HIIT would have that effect on you like that. I'd try the above suggestions from other posters.
Awesome to meet another "Amandie"
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote