Old 02-11-2013, 01:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 272/226/160

Height: 5'4''

Default i need to lose a whole person! WOW

Hello,
im new this forum and i just wanted to say hey to everyone and let everyone know that we can do it!!!!! i need to lose 108 lbs to be a at a comfortable weight and with the support and help from people i love and new friends to come along i know that i can do it! its hard but well worth it!

i just started my journey... i need help to know where to start and what i can do to jump start my mind and get me though this process..

AHH im excited.
omgsasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #2  

Welcome omgsasha!

Good luck with your weightloss mission, you can do this!!

As of this morning I am down your "person" or a couple of little people lol.

I try to think of it in 5-10lb increments, not of the whole 100 at a time.

I wish you lots of luck, I couldn't have done this without this forum.

Last edited by elvislover324; 02-11-2013 at 01:07 PM. Reason: typo
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:16 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
Welcome omgsasha!

Thank you so much! and that is a great way to look at it (5-10lbs increments) cuz looking at the whole 3 digit number is kind of depressing! thanks for that advice! how long did it take you to loose ur "couple little people" haha and congrats on your progress! thats great! is there a specific plan you have?
Old 02-11-2013, 01:25 PM   #4  

Thank you, it's been an adventure! My weightloss has been since last summer so it's been fairly quick.

I am on a medically supervised diet since I had so much to lose and have a couple of health issues. I see a doctor/nurse/nutritionist every week as I am on a low-calorie diet. I am eating healthier than I ever have before, more energy and exercise than ever before, and lost more weight than ever before! I am also learning how to eat healthy food and I have cut out all of the junk except for the occasional treat. Eating right has cut all my cravings for bad food, it's so weird I can't even believe I am saying it!

Check out to see if your insurance will cover a couple of visits to see a nutritionist if you want to. It's the best thing I ever did and it changed my life.

You can do this. I am living proof.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #5  

i will def look into what my insurance can cover. and i cannot wait till i get to the point where you are in your progress! i notice that i can get a little moody right now since i cant eat what i want. but thanks for your advice! im excited
Old 02-11-2013, 01:35 PM   #6  
babybat

Height: 5'7

Welcome, you're not alone. I'm still in the 100lb club too.
I would say...weight loss is a mental game. You have to be patient and have faith things will work out eventually. Don't give up, it takes time and dedication. Just try eating right, and exercising... It's gotten me this far

2lbs a week is the average loss for most people.
Babybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #7  
babybat

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Welcome omgsasha!

I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU ELVISLOVER, congrats. I always see you around and you seem like an awesome person so I am very happy for you. You are truly amazing. And I have to agree...I look at it as 5-10lbs at a time. Or even less.
Babybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #8  

omgsasha, your body will adapt to your new style of eating. The first few weeks can be rough but make sure you drink plenty of water and eat a lot of fruit and veggies to stay full. I promise you it works. And log onto this website for all the support you need, whether it's reading or posting. There is so much helpful information here!

babybat, what a sweety you are! Thanks so much! *hugs!*
Old 02-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi there. I need to lose a person too and I'm a little over half way there. You can do this!
Garnet2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babybat View Post
Welcome, you're not alone. I'm still in the 100lb club too.
I would say...weight loss is a mental game. You have to be patient and have faith things will work out eventually. Don't give up, it takes time and dedication. Just try eating right, and exercising... It's gotten me this far

2lbs a week is the average loss for most people.

thank you so much! its gonna be a struggle but i for the most part its def a mental game! last night i got kind of mad at my bf for eating pizza.. only cuz i couldnt have any! but i know it will get better as time goes by and i get more used to it!
i will try not to give up and keep going!
thanks for your words of advice and taking time to reply to my post very appreciated
Old 02-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #11  

Quote:
omgsasha, your body will adapt to your new style of eating. The first few weeks can be rough but make sure you drink plenty of water and eat a lot of fruit and veggies to stay full. I promise you it works. And log onto this website for all the support you need, whether it's reading or posting. There is so much helpful information here!

babybat, what a sweety you are! Thanks so much! *hugs!*
THANKS! i have been drinking loads of water. cut out soda and juices and fast foods so i know that will be a great factor. and i love veggies and fruits! now i just have to do it all in the right order and quantity! and just called my insurance and they cover 60 visits to a nutritionist! WOOOP!
Old 02-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet2727 View Post
Hi there. I need to lose a person too and I'm a little over half way there. You can do this!
WE CAN DO THIS!! and congrats on your amazing progress! how long did it take for you to get there?
Old 02-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgsasha View Post
and just called my insurance and they cover 60 visits to a nutritionist! WOOOP!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 335/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7 -171ish cm

You can do it. I've lost a decent sized person and I got a child left to get off my body lol
CherryQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:06 PM   #15  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

Welcome!

I would suggest finding one or two on-going conversation threads and making yourself at home there. For example, I read/post on the Beck forum and the 100 lb club's getting out of the 220s and 230s pretty much every day. The daily participation makes me feel more connected and more accountable.

You can be in as many threads as you want, obviously, but I know I find it useful to have the two that I am really a part of.

Do you have a diet plan (and even a backup) selected? If so, do investigate that forum for support.

If you are unfamiliar with dieting or find it hard to figure out how to resist temptation, you might want to try a few books that are full of advice and tips that are useful--once we're taught them! (I'm a big fan of The Beck Diet Solution How to Train your brain to think like a thin person, but there are lots of books out there that talk about habits and routines you can use to stick with your dieting plan.

If you're calorie counting (I am), I recommend investigating an app/website such as MyFitnessPal or LoseIt (and there are others--those are probably the two most popular ones on here, but they're not the only options). Somehow, recording my calories throughout the day really helps keep me on plan.

I'm 5 weeks in and down just over 8 pounds--and feeling good about it--and as if I'm on a path that I can be successful at.

Last edited by bethFromDayton; 02-11-2013 at 02:08 PM.
bethFromDayton is offline   Reply With Quote