Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 06:59 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 2/11/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 02-11-2013, 07:20 AM   #2  

Good morning everyone. I am looking forward to the weekend already but that's because my son comes home Friday!! Haven't seen him since January 3rd. He is going to university 7 hours away from home.

Had a busy day yesterday mudding and taping 2 bedrooms and am a bit sore. Not use to manual labour lol.

Have a great Monday
Old 02-11-2013, 07:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Happy Monday everyone! Pretty uneventful weel planned here. Car got stuck in the driveway this morning, so had to take the truck. Love winter! Makes me look forward to my trip south in March even more. lol
Old 02-11-2013, 07:26 AM   #4  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Mornin' everyone! I'm just catching up on last night's posts ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43
NEWPLAN -- Skip the IP cruise and go hang with Bubbleblower! I like sleeping in too, so you can keep your diving routine, and I'll take over for the SIL! I'll even do IP cooking for you and DH! I'd stick away from my banana zuchinni muffins or any kind of chip -- I don't really have those down pat yet
Hey, we could do an IP retreat here! Hmmmm, yummy snacks ready and waiting after the dives .... Sounds good!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedit
Semi retirement, vacation...diving location, whatever you call it I want way MORE of it in my life! Congrats for staying OP!

Yes Bubble is my new IDOL!
LOL! Yeah, life it good. Even better now that I'm getting back to a healthy weight. I'm going to be a lot more comfortable in a swim suit today than I was a few months ago. I also suspect I won't be quite as worn out as I was previously after the dives. I think my body has finally gotten used to the idea that it has to burn fat primarily for energy. That said, I'm sitting here drinking my IP cappuccino and I have an EAS shake and IP peanut crunch bar in my bag for after each dive. They get put in the cooler as soon as I get on the boat. I'm shooting macro today, so I'm hoping for some cool little critters for pics. (That means I'll probably get sharks and mantas. )

See y'all later on ... Have a good day!!
Old 02-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 155/ x /135

Height: 5'4"

What a wierd morning. I woke up incredibly guilty this morning jumped on the scale (Even though i try not to be a daily weigher sometimes i just can't help it) and was up a pound from Saturday. I was mentally kicking myself, saying its my own darn fault as I made the choice to pig out all weekend. And then really started thinking - I was 100%OP all weekend. I had dreamt that I pigged out. I hope that the increase in a pound is because my hubby made dinner last night and used more real salt on the meat than I ever would have. I have an early weigh in tomorrow as I will be travelling all week- hopefully I can flush all that salt today. Crazy how real that dream seemed and how guilty I felt this morning.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:54 AM   #6  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Sounds like a great day Bubble -- I'll wait for ya by the beach

ok... I'm just dreaming. Another snow day here due to ice rain. My THOUGHTS will be with you at the beach-- especially when the kids start getting ancy....
Old 02-11-2013, 09:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/136.4/135

Had my weigh in on Friday....and i am now officially in the 130's...139.6 only 4lbs to go till goal.
I was trying clothes on from the skinny box this weekend and I can finally fit into a dress that i have had put away for along time because I couldn't fit into it.
and I have no more clothes to go thru in the skinny box.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/136.4/135

this is the dress that I can finally fit into.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dress.jpg (28.5 KB, 94 views)
Old 02-11-2013, 09:32 AM   #9  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bttrhalf View Post
Had my weigh in on Friday....and i am now officially in the 130's...139.6 only 4lbs to go till goal.
I was trying clothes on from the skinny box this weekend and I can finally fit into a dress that i have had put away for along time because I couldn't fit into it.
and I have no more clothes to go thru in the skinny box.
Congratulations!!! Very cute dress too

Bubbleblower, just tell me when I should buy my plane ticket. Hubby can handle the kids without me for a little while, right????

Rough night last night - hubby got the house returned mostly to normal after the Little Boy Tsunami, but wasn't able to get much more shoveling done. I got home after work and was feeling a little energized, so I headed out to dig out the car (we are supposed to get freezing rain today, which would mean the snow around my car would have become a block of ice). What I didn't realize was that I was out there for TWO HOURS. The activity seems to have triggered a bad bout of charlie horse cramps in both of my legs, they woke me out of a sound sleep and hurt really bad. Body is very sore today, so I'm taking some Ibuprofen, drinking tons of water, and taking it easy. But my car is no longer a giant snow mound!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:32 AM   #10  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

NICE! Now you get to go SHOPPIN' soon!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

I know that this isn't the case for all coaches but here's my story. I haven't seen my coach since January 11th. At that time I told her I would be going to Vegas but planned to stay OP. We didn't set a future appointment. Four weeks later with no communication from her office, I sent a text last Friday stating that I have been 100% OP since I started with her and have lost 24lbs. I expected at least a "Congrats". But no word at all. Since I have been considering going it alone without a coach and with alternatives, this just sealed the deal. Another clinic into this only for the money.

She Off soapbox..LOL Thanks for everyone's support through this journey!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #12  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
I know that this isn't the case for all coaches but here's my story. I haven't seen my coach since January 11th. At that time I told her I would be going to Vegas but planned to stay OP. We didn't set a future appointment. Four weeks later with no communication from her office, I sent a text last Friday stating that I have been 100% OP since I started with her and have lost 24lbs. I expected at least a "Congrats". But no word at all. Since I have been considering going it alone without a coach and with alternatives, this just sealed the deal. Another clinic into this only for the money.

She Off soapbox..LOL Thanks for everyone's support through this journey!
So sorry to hear that - but you are doing a fantastic job, and we are all here to be your "coaches" when you need it! I went "rogue" 18 weeks ago and the folks here have been invaluable in that journey! Good luck!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:17 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 130/119/102

Height: 5'1

Bttrhalf that is great!!!!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #14  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Sitting in dr office now for annual physical. Weight: 200. Height: 5'4.5"

I think they just subtracted a pound and added an inch, but I will take it!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:39 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
So sorry to hear that - but you are doing a fantastic job, and we are all here to be your "coaches" when you need it! I went "rogue" 18 weeks ago and the folks here have been invaluable in that journey! Good luck!
Thanks Scrobett..! I really enjoy coming here. In fact it was my coach that suggested that I visit this site on my very first day. Funny how things have turned.
Closed Thread