Old 12-31-2012, 07:26 AM   #1  

Default Valentine's Day Challenge

Ok everyone, let's lose more weight by V-day

My starting weight is 219 and I hope to be in Onederland by then!
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

Valentines Day is about 6 weeks away - so I will go with 6 lbs -- I wish I lost fast but I just plug along and average about 1 lb a week - some weeks I get lucky and get a little more but overall about a lb ... I would rather meet my goal or maybe even surpass my goal and if I do surpass it early I can always add a few lbs to the goal

Happy New Year everyone!!

New Beginnings!
rho1640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:24 AM   #3  

Did you guys have a good New Years? I stayed home cause I have to work today, but probably would have stayed home anyway since it was cold and rainy out.

I started back on low carb the day after Christmas and I love how less bloated I feel. I hope you all check in frequently so you can stay on track. I know that helped me in the past
Old 01-01-2013, 09:04 AM   #4  

I changed my weight ticker to reflect my goal for this challenge. I like visual things and this may help me even more than actually seeing my overall goal weight and making me feel like I will never reach it. I hope that makes sense LOL! I read here on this site that if you need to lose 50 pounds then saying you need to lose 10 pounds 5 times sounds better and less overwhelming than saying you need to lose 50 pounds. The numbers are the same, but it tricks the mind....kinda like my ticker
Old 01-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #5  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Smile Yay, I'm Back

Happy New Year! After some rough bumps in the road, I have picked myself up dusted myself off and am back to having a low carb lifestyle. I know I can do it, I was doing so well. Main thing, plan, plan, plan. Keep accountable. That's why I love it here.

Shout out to my homegirl, Rho! So happy to see you are still here. I couldn't even remember my screen name, I had to search some old posts to remember it.

I'm not going to post any weight loss goals or numbers. My goal is to stay op from now until Valentine's Day. No freakn excuses!

ttfn
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:56 AM   #6  

Hey Serenity! Good to see you back!
Old 01-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 187/187/140

Height: 5ft4.5in

I'm in! I've got goals for June (to be able to buy clothes from Discovery that FIT nicely) and December (to be able to wear a LBD) and in order to get to THOSE goals, I need to work hard at staying on track.
My Valentines day goal: Stay OP....and lose 5 pounds (I don't lose weight fast, so to me this will be hard)
BrenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

Count me in! I'm new to this particular forum (was a part of the IP forum for the duration of my IP diet) and am looking for some support and guidance! I would like to lose at least 10 lbs by Valentine's day and feel this is a reasonable goal!
BrittStar027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:50 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 206/222/160

Height: 5'5.5

Hi everyone and welcome Britt and Brenda! Serenity, great to see you again.

My goal is the same as Serenity's. I'm going to stay on plan and I'm going to plan my meals, stick to them and track them (including how I felt so I can adjust if need be). Weight loss would be great but I think for my long term success I need to get back into better meal planning habits.
AnaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:17 AM   #10  

Hey Bren and Britt! Hey again Ana! It's good to see more people join in. We got this!

I grilled a lot of meats the other night to have for the week and wow does that make a difference in my time schedule! I grilled steaks, chicken, pork chops and hamburger patties on my George Foreman grill. It has made life easier. All I have to do is add in the veggies for my meals and I'm done. It took maybe 30 minutes total to grill all of it. I think being prepared is key on staying on this since we need to cook so much.

I haven't tried any of the Atkins frozen meals yet and haven't seen them in my grocery store here yet, but I'm sure they have ingredients I can't have such as gluten or MSG. I'm going to look into that more though. It wouldn't hurt to have a couple on hand for backup. Have any of you tried them?
Old 01-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #11  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Hey everyone! I'm back... again.

I have a goal of doing induction until February then moving onto OWL. I also have a goal of no whisky until the 11th (my one thing I indulge on) and to get back into working out more regularly. I was lifting weights and doing good, hanging around at 170 ish lbs but then the holidays hit me hard.

Christmas Eve dinner, Christmas Day binge-fest, Boxing Day dinner, my birthday, the party for my daughter and me and then my daughters actual birthday, New Years Eve, and New Years Day dinner. Which puts me at 173.4 this morning.

Now that it's all behind me, back to low carb/gluten free and lots of exercise. A bit of the carb flu but a yellow pepper fixed that.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #12  

Hey Stephanie It's good you're back ! Your liver will thank you later for doing without whiskey

I wish I was starting at 170 something! How on Earth I let myself get past the 200s I will never know LOL!

I'm gluten free too and feel better without it. I haven't been officially diagnosed with celiac, but one doc told me I had all the symptoms. JOY! I do feel better without it, it's just an addiction to break ....ANOTHER one! Carbs and gluten are evil and make my body swell hehe..
Old 01-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #13  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

That's how I felt when I was in the 200's too! I don't want to go back there again, even if pregnant.

I haven't been diagnosed either, but gluten upsets my stomach so badly. I got a little bad during the party for me and my daughter and nibbled on things I made that had wheat in them. I ended up waking up at midnight with diarrhea, it was horrible!
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:16 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

so glad to see everyone here

Tomorrow I have to pick up a coffee cake from a bakery to take to knitting - I am dreading it - seriously dreading it --
rho1640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:02 PM   #15  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Hi everyone. I am glad that we are all not throwing in the towel. We are going to fight this food thing and keep fighting till we win. One thing that I know we have to change is to be around high carb food without alternatives. For example, with all the pies and cakes and cookies, I'm sure I could have looked up some low carb alternatives and made myself and others some. But I was too darn lazy.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote