Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 02-09-2013, 05:26 AM   #1  
babybat

Height: 5'7

Default Anyone else have loose skin already?

I'm noticing loose skin in places there wasn't loose skin before. Like my chin, my arms, my legs, and just my body in general. I'm also noticing some of my face feels tighter...

Just wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.
Babybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:34 AM   #2  
lpkayak

S/C/G: 287/270/200

Height: 5'3"

this is a problem i am having from only losing the first 17 lbs. last time i lost 40 lbs it stopped me from exercising-i couldnt contain it. i have severe hand arthritis and cant get spanx on. i want to buy something like a weight belt with velcro...but cant find one that tells me the measurments.

anyone else know where to buy something like this? i have it on my legs and arms too...but i can hide that. it is my belly that is the problem. thx.
lpkayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 255 195.8 150

Height: 5'6

I think its normal that your skin is loose because you have lost so much of the under laying fat, but as you continue to lose weight your skin and body will tighten up. i recently noticed this myself while in the shower and i was weirded out but then i realized that well i have lost 45lbs of fat all over my body so of course all over my body is a little deflated, but it will tighten again. i dont think its permanently loose or saggy skin though.
deadkittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:18 PM   #4  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

S/C/G: 380/190/120

Height: 5'6

yes it really sucks mine is very bad like everywhere I am going to continue losing my weight and get my body fat percentage down as low as I can and build muscle hopefully it will not be so bad then. I'm very down about it and just praying for a miracle. And I guess if mine tightens up than anyones can so kind of doing an experiment on myself as well to hopefully give hope to others if there is any :P

Last edited by going2bskinny; 02-19-2013 at 05:19 PM.
going2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote