Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 169/ticker/140

Height: 5.4

Default Decided to change.

This is the first time in my life i am seeing weight loss as something totally different. I used to diet to be skinny, the two times i did it, because all the rest i was in the normal range and younger in the athletic. So when i joined here i was aiming for what i was prior children. At 100-110. I am reading constantly here even though i am not writing much. What i am reading and what i am seeing from your links made me decide to aim for what is healthy for me and not what is trendy. My current BMI is 28.1, so i have 3% in order to become normal again. That is not much, and yet it seems a lot. But i think that for once i maybe happy with being normal, and not the perfection i used to be.

And maybe i will be ok with that. So i changed my ticker transforming the 50 pound or so loss to now 23......i don't know. Am i cheating myself in order to feel better? I don't think so, since what i am aiming at is healthy for my height.

Also the documentary i saw in weight of the nation really shook me with the problem with diabetes and obesity. My mom died of diabetes 6 years ago. I found her face down, board stiff. An image that will haunt me. I don't want my daughter to ever find me like that.........ever ever......
Ellemphriem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:26 PM   #2  

I am so sorry about your mom and you having that memory.

I don't think you are cheating yourself, there is nothing that says you can't change your mind again once you get to this goal.

I plan on (hopefully!) being less than 199 but I can't even mentally or physically grasp getting back into one-derland after all these years. But I am certainly not cheating myself, it actually seems more obtainable almost like a mini-goal. I will admit that if I had originally chosen to lose 160-170lbs and set that as my goal, it would have been very overwhelming to look at every day.

Good luck with your progress, you have some good goals and some good reasons to follow through. I know you can do this.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:00 AM   #3  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

I think your new outlook is great!
"Normal" is very attainable and I think you'll be very successful.

Good luck!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:06 AM   #4  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

Nothing wrong with aiming for a normal bmi, u might change your mind again and that will be fine too. Congrats on your loss do far!
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote