Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 02-06-2013, 10:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 303/ticker/169

Height: 5'5"

Default Kettlebell question...

I've got a question for you Kettlebell people out there. More than a while ago I purchased a 16kg Kettlebell and the book "Kettlebell RX" by Jeff Martone. I've finally got my life on track and would like to integrate a Kettlebell workout into my routine. I've read the above sticky. My question is this: do you suggest I start with the book in trying to learn proper technique and put together a workout, or should I search through the links in the sticky and learn more from videos and info I can find there? Where is my best "starting point"? Unfortunately, live training with an instructor or taking a class is not an option right now.

Last edited by Fit dad 2b; 02-06-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Fit dad 2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:23 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I'd personally watch videos to get a better idea on form but there are some bad ones out there. Art of strength has a lot of short videos, quite a few on form.
http://www.artofstrengthtraining.com...e-of-strength/

Also, Dragon Door has additional books that might be helpful as well.
http://www.dragondoor.com/
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 303/ticker/169

Thanks much - I'll check them out.
Fit dad 2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:42 PM   #4  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

I'd say learning the proper techniques for the exercises is your best starting point. You could injure yourself or cause unnecessary pain if you're not doing them right, trust me! My lower back suffered from doing swings incorrectly when I first started out.

I just downloaded a kettlebell app on my iPad, called Kettlebell Fitness, that has demonstration videos to learn proper technique. It also has videos for warm ups, cool downs, and several work outs specific to strengthening & conditioning, fat loss, etc. Really useful for when I need to be sure my technique is correct.
Keep Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 10:37 AM   #5  

The kettlebell pistol squat is the hardest leg workout you can do with a kettlebell. The glutes, quadriceps, hamstrings, core, and back will all receive significant work with the kettlebell pistol squat. You must have sufficient hip mobility and stability to complete this workout.
timmothysmith01 is offline   Reply With Quote