Old 01-01-2013, 05:44 PM   #1  
Married to Medifast user

Default First questions

How do you measure salad? Do you pack prepared lettuce/greens in a cup tightly? 1 cup sure isn't much.

I found the approved vegetable list but it is certainly short. I am a vegetable farmer so I know there are many options out there similar to what is on the list. I wish it was harvest season! I printed off the veggie carb chart to keep with me. So what is the goal carbs for the green dinner?

What lean and green meals are most satisfying? Big egg white omelet, salad and lean meat, or cooked veggies and lean meat?

How many snacks and extras can he really have? And what is best for cream in coffee? Hub gets sick on black coffee. Is FF half and half ok?

Personally I do not eat sugar substitutes besides stevia but I will get the SF crap for him for now. What kinds of things like that should I buy?
Little Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:44 PM   #2  
Wish me Luck

S/C/G: 330/16/200

Height: 5'10"

These are definitely questions that a coach would have to address. Hopefully someone on here is a coach and can answer those questions.

I think you can only have one optional snack a day I believe. Until I have a lot of weight loss under my belt will I allow myself to have an optional snack.
FatinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #3  
Married to Medifast user

34 days in and hub has lost more than one pound per day. I think he is at 36-40 now. He is doing great despite my baking for market the other day! He thinks omelets are most filling and wants that once a week on his hungriest day. I have written down what I cooked every day on a calendar.

He mostly misses carby, greasy, savory food and sometimes alcohol. His digestion is messed up and he poos every other day badly usually. He has little energy to lift weights but is treadmilling a few times a week okay. He is dropping clothing sizes quickly. He gets kind of owly sometimes in a weird way but generally feels upbeat with all the weightloss and luckily he has enjoyed all the meals I have made for him. He really appreciate what he gets!

His favorite snack is still Claussen pickles. He doesn't touch the jello or popsicles I bought him. Biggest disappointment has been calorie free Walden Farms caramel sauce.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:56 PM   #4  
Married to Medifast user

He has now lost 50 pounds in 54 days. No cheating except a little extra lean and green and a pickle or two extra. I am amazed! Gut problems continue but he just keeps going.
Another benefit is really tasting food and learning to love foods that were only tolerable before. He just loves his dinners and I feel very gratified at what I cook.

Last edited by Little Minnie; 02-26-2013 at 08:58 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:17 AM   #5  

you should check into smooth move tea is he's only going every other day. You might also want to check into getting him a probiotic.
kjsspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #6  
Married to Medifast user

No he has diarrhea every other day to be specific. Luckily now with the acacia fiber I am giving him that is all gone. I am an IBS expert and would never recommend harsh laxatives which is actually what Smooth Move tea is. I also would never recommend Medifast to someone with tummy problems when you get down to it.