Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 11-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/172/125

Height: 5'7"

Default 3,500 calories

That's how much I eat on a non-restrictive day, average. Yikes!! I am nursing 9 month old twins, and my weight had plateaued, but in the last couple months I've regained about 10 pounds that I'd lost. I went a little too far a few months ago when I tried Paleo with my DH, and we had some supply issues and it's since rebounding from that that I've regained more than I'd lost. So obviously I need to reign it in a little, but I'm having a hard time distinguishing between actual hunger and "the babies are both screaming at me I need a cookie" hunger.

I wish there was some easy measure of how much milk I'm making. They nursed all day (all week really) like they were starving, but I haven't cut back on calories recently. I hate to think I might not nurse these babies as long as my older girls, but I'm feeling so worn out.
StellaMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Congratulations on those beautiful babies ! 4 little girls , you do have your hands full. I can't help about the nursing part , I wish you well. We do have some new moms here so hope they can help you.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:48 AM   #3  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

>>>hug<<<

Both babies screaming at me and I need a cookie hunger is pretty compelling!

First off, nine months is really great for twins! You're doing wonderfully. I totally understand about feeling tired. I only had one but when I went back to work, I had to start supplementing formula at 9 months because I wasn't around to nurse her as much. I was honestly surprised how much energy I had and how much weight I dropped. I'm not saying you should cut back on nursing; that's something only you can decide. BUT I am saying, I sympathize with how you're feeling.

For my own weight loss, I started with making salads for lunch every day. I would make them in batches of three so that I would have them ready in the fridge and wouldn't have to worry about prepping them with my hands full. My very favorite salad is this one:
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...-Cheese-107262

I use tangerines instead of oranges so that I just have to peel and slice them instead of segment them and I never have arugula so I just use a mixed salad.

Keep checking in! I'd love to hear how you're doing.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/177/150

Height: 5'3"

I nurse a nearly 1 year old and eat about 1800 calories a day, my biggest thing is trying to fight the urge for eating sugar... At least too much sugar. I wish there was a computer you could hook to your body that could read out information on your body... I can definitely say exercise helps a lot, even though my weight seems to drag on and on, the tape measure and my partner say differently. I also am happier from all the endorphins circulating around my brain after a workout.
Annafterolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/200/175

Height: 5'2"

hey I just started with myfitnesspal.com and it helps me keep better track of what I'm actually taking in. I'm nursing a 12 week old and I try to limit my calories to 1800 a day,but the site/app takes in account the exercise you do each day and subtracts that from your total daily intake. I feel you on the cookie issue. Just reading about them made me want one,I grabbed a coffee flavored yogurt with chocolate chips instead.Not even close to satisfying, but better and I'm not hungry anymore.We can all do this together!
Mom2threeACG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 233/231/160

Height: 5'6

if you crave a cookie, how about a lactating cookie? They are yummy and great for increasing milk supply
Floprieto is offline   Reply With Quote