General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Battling the 3pm hunger

It seems that no matter what course of diet I am following I can't side step the 3pm monster. In the late afternoon I get hit with such intense cravings that no matter how happy and fully I am until then nothing can stop me from devouring junk.

Anyone else? How do you combat this problem?
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:19 AM   #2  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

I hit that wall at about 2 pm. Its just long enough after lunch that I am hungry again. I keep a bag of nuts, seeds and dried cranberries or a yogurt on hand for munching. It will usually tide me over till dinner. Also have a giant drink of water. That should help too
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #3  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

That's my tea time. I always have a nice hot cup of my favorite tea. I've trained myself to believe that the tea hits the spot.
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:17 PM   #4  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

what are you eating for lunch? Maybe switching that around would help? Or can you switch when you eat lunch so that's later in the day?

Personally, I have found that I am falling into a habit of doing Intermittant Fasting on workdays. My breakfast is pretty light anyway but I've gotten in the habit of deferring it until about noon. So I eat that at noon, then have my regular lunch at about 1:30 and I'm usually ok until supper. I do keep snacks on hand - either greek yogurt or hardboiled eggs so I can eat something later afternoon if I need it but that's not too often. But by compressing my eating into fewer hours, I get fuller on fewer calories.

(btw, I didn't set out to do this, it just started happening when I had some very busy mornings and never got around to eating breakfast and then I realized I liked how it was working. It doesn't work for me on weekends though, so I don't do it then)
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

For me, I generally have 3 meals and 1 or 2 snacks. Generally one of my snacks will fall around 3pm. Can you fit a snack in there?
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickieBoom View Post
That's my tea time. I always have a nice hot cup of my favorite tea. I've trained myself to believe that the tea hits the spot.
Hah that's awesome. I love the 'fake it till you make it" attitude.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:44 PM   #7  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I use green tea as well to trick myself into feeling okay until dinner time. I also like to snack before and after lunch because I know between lunch and dinner is the hardest for me.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote