Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-04-2013, 11:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: SW: 225/ CW:180.4/ GW: 165

Height: 5 9

Angry Superbowl was NOT worth it!

So i am pretty dissapointed in myself after yesterday. I don't even LIKE football. Me and my boyfriend decided we weren't going to go to any parties yesterday but we ended up at one! We ended up at one and i ended up drinking WAYYYY too much and eating junk food. I mean I didn't do as bad with the food as i normally would have but I am counting calories so junk adds up FAST. PLUS all that beer and wine i consumed. blahhh. Like i said i don't even like football

anyways when i got home I guess the stomach of steel that i used to have couldnt handle the alcohol and junk so i puked and had a dumb alcohol fight with my boyfriend (why did i decide it was a good idea to drink again?)

I've lost 10 pounds so far and i'm REALLY dissapointed in myself. BUT my friend just sent me a picture she took of me last night and even though its only a small part of my actual body I actually don't have any top rolls, my face looks thinner, AND my arms and shoulders dont bulk out as much anymore. It was nice because i am having trouble seeing the changes, maybe it's cause i'm a tall girl and i'm around 205 ughhhh. I feel like i messed up because all i want today is chineese food! HUNGOVER FOOD! but i will not cave! And i will post my picture as motivation for myself once my post count is higher
skintoskincombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:52 AM   #2  
HW:232/SW:165

S/C/G: 215/211/165

Height: 5'6

First of all, congrats on the 10lbs so far! We all have blips from time to time, especially when it's a special event/holiday etc. The important thing is to go right back on track the next day; 1 little bump in the road isn't going to ruin all your progress so far. Don't beat yourself up about it, just dust yourself off and carry on... GL
kymb92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #3  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I know it's trite, but it happens! We can't expect a smooth road the whole way through. As long as you learn from the bumps that's all that matters. Great job so far!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:26 PM   #4  

We all do it Just get back on the horse again. Great job with the 10 pounds
nomorejellybeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #5  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Tell me about it! Little square slices of pizza add up...feel better today/this week!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:24 PM   #6  
Designing my new physique

S/C/G: 316

Height: 5'7.5

I so understand and hope youfeel better soon..congrats on 10 pounds dropped!!
avalonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 251/240/175

Height: 5'2

Congrats on the 10 lbs! I dont really drink, but the food at the SB party we were at was pretty good. Of course, no veggies or fruits anywhere. Plus they had those little cocktail weenies! How did she know I cant resist those things?!! So, I have decided not to live in the past today and just start today good. *le sigh*
Rolodex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I love Chinese food - they usually have a diet menu of plain steamed veggies with a protein. I always get chicken with broccoli. The sauce comes on the side, so you can just drizzle a little bit on your meal. It ends up being moderately healthy.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #9  

S/C/G: SW: 225/ CW:180.4/ GW: 165

Height: 5 9

I was thinking of doing something similar today! Love there crunchy broccoli instead I ate my first meal an hour ago ( not the best move) but it was just grilled chicken and black bean hummus on whole grain bread with lettuce and Tomato. Yum! Now I'm at my parents and my mom bough some instant miso soup which is only 30 cals a package! I'm trying to stay away from processed food but I may have to make a cup if I get hungry later
skintoskincombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:22 PM   #10  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

One bad day is no big deal, just jump back on the wagon today!
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:45 PM   #11  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I encourage you to explore doing events like parties and get-togethers with an intentional eye on not eating. Dissociating socializing from excessive food consumption is SUCH a big hurdle and yet very important for many folks trying to normalize their eating patterns. I have personally found it very freeing and enjoy the time spent with the people more, because my focus is entirely on them and what we're celebrating, not on food.

Not everyone needs to do it, but if you find yourself socially overeating it is very worthwhile to break those cues apart and retrain yourself to eat based on satiety and not on social cues. One is a profound abuse of the body and food, one is not
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote