Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 11:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Angel's New Better Body October Challenge

Let's start October strong!
Old 10-01-2003, 11:47 AM   #2  

Default October's Goal

Let's do a review to help us remember what we are here for and also if anyone new would like to join us they know what is going on.

Everyone can do something a little different but we are here to help, support, and encourage everyone.... We have are ups and our downs.... we try to stay up.....

I think we should start off with an introduction of who we are and what are goals are......

I am a newly married (May 3) mother of a 15 & 17 year old (TEENAGE DRIVERS - UGH!!!).... challenging to say the least. Was a single mom for 13 years. I work out of the home although I am on the road alot (in sales). I am very unhappy at the way I look and how little motivation and self discipline that I have had over the past few years. I am looking to change all this.

I am also starting Real Estate School Today! So Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 6-10pm I will be in class. Wish me Luck!

Name: Ursula.... aka Angel

Short Term Goal: 10 in the month October

Long Term Goal: 130- 135#ish

Exercise Routine: This will be touch and go during the real estate school time! I am hoping to walk my neighborhood - 1 1/2 miles at least 4 days a week. And if I can get any yoga or pilates in GREAT!

Food Routine: Really just trying to control portions, limit sweets

Water: 8-12 glasses a day

Biggest Weakness: FOOD in the evening.... I graze at night when I am tired. I especially crave sweets. This is going to be so challenging with working full time and then going to school I know that I will be tired and probably come home wanting to eat! Will try to just go to bed instead!

I am currently working on all of the emotional aspects of why I am overweight. I have been reading Dr Phil's book and have had many "ah-ha" moments already. I am hoping to solve all this. I know that there is definetly emotional stuff with all of this and I would like to have help in these areas.....

What I would like to see from everyone else is their starting point. You can follow what I did above: Name, age, height, weight, size, goals that you have (which dont neccessarily have to be weight related, could be want to walk a mile by Halloween.... whatever is important to you). Give us a brief introduction and the we can go from there......Anything else you would like to include do so....

I am so glad that all of you are here to help me, encourage me and support me.... THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Last edited by Angel26519; 10-01-2003 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-01-2003, 12:58 PM   #3  
"I WILL ENDURE"

Hello Everyone!

Checking in for the month of October! It's already cold in Chicago and I've ended up with the worse case of the sniffles!

Since Angel suggested we recap:

I'm 49.
Married with 2 children.

I began dieting at 240 lbs.
Currently: 177 lbs.
Goal weight: 115 lbs.

I'm on Medifast -- which is a total fast.

I walk when I feel well (not today, for sure!)

Other than that, can't think of much else to say for a recap!

Hope everyone else has a great diet day!

Rainbowmyst
Old 10-01-2003, 07:52 PM   #4  

Hello!
My name is Amanda.
I'm 18 years old

I am single and living at home with my mom, dad and sister. They aren't the best support system I have. I'm pretty much at this alone here at my house.

I began my dieting at 195 lbs.
I am now 190lbs
My short term goal is to lose 5-10lbs in October
My long time goal is to weigh 135-145

I will continue doing what I have been doing:
Not eating after I had my dinner
Drinking just water
Only snacks I'll have are fruit
Eat one helping at dinner
Move around a lot more
Eat a lot more veggies

Good luck to you all!
Old 10-02-2003, 08:27 AM   #5  

Welcome ADL85! We always love have newcomers... it keeps us fresh and fun!

Well I went to my first night of class and apparently I am trying for teachers pet.... I was the only one that had studied prior to class and had all the homework assignments done.... I made a 95 on one quiz and a 100 on the other.... YEAH FOR ME!

Interestingly the teacher said that out of all the people that get their license 80% lose their license or quit the first year and of the 20% left 15% lose their license or quit the 2nd year.... I want to be one fo the ones that are left.....

Anyway, I got on the scale this am and weighed 204...down a pound -----of course then my neighbor called me over and she had made orange rolls.... UGH! I was good and only had two but that is still like 350 calories and tons of sugar.... I used to eat 4! Well I figure I will use that as my breakfast and not feel totaly like I have blown my day!

How is everyone else doing?

Beth- Do you have your house back?
Old 10-02-2003, 09:15 AM   #6  

I've been doing well. Yesterday I didn't feel too good so I didn't eat much. This morning I had an egg and a piece of toast.

Angel- That's great about your class. I hope you are one of the ones that are left too! Good luck with the rest of your classes!

Hope you all have a good day!
Old 10-02-2003, 10:34 AM   #7  
"I WILL ENDURE"

Hello Everyone!

Angel -- Glad you are doing so well in your class. I think you will probably like that profession, most people who I know that went into it seemed to really enjoy all its aspects.

Welcome to ADL85. Glad you decided to join our little group.

As for me, things are going okay considering I've had an awful cold (think I caught a lighter case of whatever it was my daughter had). In any event, in spite of it -- I am down another pound and a half to 175.5 lbs. I am hoping to lose at least ten pounds in the month of October, so that's a good start!

I've still been walking as much as I can (took one day totally off because I was feeling "blah") -- but have managed to stay OP except for one day when we had company. When I refused to eat (when my husband asked me to) -- the company decided to ask me to eat (how can I, as hostess, refuse a direct request?)
So one day went up in smoke, but I went back OP the next morning.

Other than that I am FREEZING already and it's only October. If it wasn't for family and my husband's job, I'd leave this state for somewhere nice and warm. I think Angel has the right idea living out there in Georgia!

Hope everyone is having a great diet day. I'll check in tomorrow to get the news. By then, everyone else will probably have caught up with our new October thread.

Rainbowmyst
Old 10-02-2003, 02:43 PM   #8  

Hello Ladies,
I am still among the living. My company is leaving today! Yeah! So hopefully next week I will be back strong and can tell you what has been going on with me. But for know I have lots and I mean lots of cleaning to do.

Glad you all are doing well! Welcome Amanda! Congrats on your class Angel.

See you all next week!

Beth
Old 10-03-2003, 09:13 AM   #9  

Hi everyone!!!!

Hope all is well with everyone....

I got up this morning and did Pilates.... first time in awhile! I am slowly getting my exercise up again....

Been very busy with working and studying and being a mom..... I know lots of women do this full time while going to college.... I dont know how.... I am lucky that I am only doing this for 2 1/2 months!

Beth- are you running around your house naked now that everyone is gone??? Bet your hubby likes it especially with that svelt new body of yours....

Rainbow- I hope you are feeling better soon... It is a bummer when you are under the weather!

Red & Lavender- How are you guys doing across the ocean????

ADL85- How is your day going?

And the rest of you - where are you???? we are missing you!

Well I am off! Have a great day all!
Old 10-03-2003, 01:40 PM   #10  

My day is going pretty well. It's so cold here.
I woke up pretty late so I skipped breakfast and just had lunch. I'm not sure what's for dinner but I'm sure it'll be healthy.
I'm going to so some exercise today. I've been slacking when it comes to exercise. So starting today, I'm going to try my hardest to do it daily.

Hope you're all having a great day!!
Old 10-03-2003, 04:44 PM   #11  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Unhappy too busy

Hello there all. I found the new thread and just wanted to come in and say Hello!

Angel, thanks for starting up the new thread. Things look a little quiet but that's the way these things go. And people like me don't help, do they? I read the posts because I get the notice since I've subscribed to the thread but I've just been so busy I can't make time to do all these posts. Those two challenges keep me busy and I spend too much time on here as it is.

I need those challenge threads to keep me focused otherwise things would just degenerate into chatting and/or whining. But I do love to relax and hear the news from you people. It's like the other threads are the gym and this is the at-home place to just kick back.

Well, I'm off to the States next week and plan to check in here still. But I should get back for an individual reply post before then.

Till then, take care all you fellow fighters. Keep encouraged and let's just take it a day at a time! Bye for now.
Old 10-04-2003, 02:01 PM   #12  
"I WILL ENDURE"

Hello Everyone!

I'm in a good mood having weighed in this morning at 174.5 lbs.

To celebrate, I took myself to the mall and bought a dress that is too small for me. If I reach my Christmas goal -- that's what I'll be wearing come the holiday season.

I have to (at this point) have a visual "cue" to help me focus. I carry my "blubber" well. Well enough that I look thinner than I actually am -- my bones are very tiny -- and so it's very deceptive.

Case in point, I got "whistled at" this morning while I was walking in the mall. I had to laugh. First time that's happened in years. I looked around (thinking there HAD to be another woman in the immediate vicinity -- but no, that fellow apparently thought I looked good). Talk about a motivation boost.

Still, that kind of thing might lead me to thinking I'm looking okay "enough". To counteract any such absurd notion, I immediately went and purchased a dress that will be quite lovely if I meet my goal by this holiday season -- and will take up closet space if I don't stay focused. I am determined to wear the dress!

Every two weeks that thing is going to come out of the closet and be tried on until it fits properly.

Other than that -- I am OP despite the fact that there is a bag of sourdough pretzles in the house (I have a weakness for pretzels).
Hopefully, the kids will finish them before temptation rears it's ugly head.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful diet day!

Rainbowmyst

Old 10-04-2003, 04:16 PM   #13  

I'm down 2 more pounds. I weigh 188lbs now.
But I did have pizza last night
But all that means is that I have to work harder.
I have a wedding to go to in 2 weeks. So for the next 2 weeks I will stay away from pizza...no matter what!

I hope you all are having a great weekend!!
Old 10-04-2003, 07:39 PM   #14  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Angry hello to all!

Hello everyone, just thought I'd get in a note while I could. I'd like to be more of a part of this thread than I've been. But, I'll be heading off to the States for a couple weeks on Wednesday and may not get much online time in. Still, I'll be thinking of you all.

rainbowmyst, I'm glad to hear you're feeling good. I love the idea of a too-small dress. That is so much better than focusing on the scale. You "carry your blubber well" do you? Well, that's good to know. I am surrounded by millions of people like you perhaps. The Japanese are generally built like sparrows. I have never seen such tiny-boned people (there were no Asian-Americans where I grew up). I remember the first time I gave someone a hug I couldn't believe that it felt like there was no one there. So tiny! And yes, I know that the majority of people have a lot of fat on them but it doesn't show when they're clothed. I, on the other hand have very big bones and a lot of muscle so I really look big I suppose even though I'm sure my bodyfat is lower. But, so what, really.

Well, I think you're probably "okay" enough, meaning there's nothing "wrong" with you. But I know (I hope) what you mean. If you want to have a certain body, low fat, whatever than that's your goal and that's what you'll consider OK. It's nice to know that there are lots of tastes in this world. It should just serve to show that "OK" is a totally subjective concept! Good luck on steering clear of the pretzels!

ADL85, hurrah on the weight loss. Heh, you're going to a wedding, so am I. Wouldn't it be something if we were going to the SAME wedding! Good luck on keeping the pizza siren (as in the sirens of the sea) out of hearing!

Last edited by redballoon; 10-04-2003 at 07:43 PM.
Old 10-04-2003, 09:28 PM   #15  

Default Hi Everyone!!!!

How is everyone doing????

Well I have had 2 nights of classes so far and boy is it long and hard.... I am enjoying it and probably driving the teacher crazy because I ask the real life questions that no one else seems to be asking.... I figure I am paying for this class and I want to do this for a living and I want to know how it works and what is legal and not legal.... especially after he infromed the class that 80% of people that get licensed lose their license or quit after the 1st year..... I dont want to be one of those.....

Red- So you decided to come over here for that wedding you spoke of awhile back.... I am glad to hear it.... I know that you really wanted to. How is work going for you?

Rainbow- You are doing so great on your weight loss..... I too have a too small item that I keep up to one day wear.... a pair of old jeans of mine..... one day I will be there..... Whistling at you, huh? You Hottie you....

Amanda- WAY TO GO ON THE 2# Weight Loss.... That is great! Having pizza every now and then is good.... If you forbid yourself something that is what you are going to crave and eventually binge on.... just limit yourself and you will be fine....

Had the neighborhood picnic today... one that for some reason I had to plan.... what a pain in the butt- stressful to say the least.... I did well with the eating- had a piece of grilled chicken, 1 spoonful of mac and cheese, and 2 spoons of beans.... I have now planned 8 out of 9 of the last picnics and told everyone else it is now time for someone else to do it....

I hope everyone else is doing great!

My kitten, Cosmo, is following the curser across the monitor and batting at it.... it is quit cute.... he is my work kitty.... he sits on my desk when I am working.... keeping me entertained....

Well I am off to study!

Last edited by Angel26519; 10-04-2003 at 09:30 PM.
Closed Thread