Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-02-2013, 02:23 AM   #1  
babybat

Height: 5'7

Unhappy I need a little encouragement....and reassurance?

I'm 99% sure my sudden gain has been water weight.
But it's so depressing to me It makes me feel like what I'm doing is all wrong and I'm never going to lose..... I know I'm being a little silly but it's very un-motivating and annoying.

I'm trying very hard to get past this dumb mind set, help?
Babybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

I totally know how you feel. It is rough when you have that weight gain. It makes you feel like its never going to come. It takes so little to put the weight on but we have to work so hard to take it off.

However, remember, this journey isn't JUST about weight loss. It's about a healthier you and feeling better and being able to do more. Look at all you have accomplished so far and remember that you CAN do it. Tell yourself that it's ok to be a little discouraged but that nothing can stop you from moving forward. Remind yourself of how much you have already done. You can do it!

Roxanne
roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:28 AM   #3  
shwerk

S/C/G: 274/158/145

Height: 5'7"

you've lost 28 lbs. you're not going to just stop losing. you've accomplished too much to just stop, and you know better than to think a little weight gain means the end of your weight loss journey. keep it up and don't worry so much! believe me when i say the time flies by. i've been at this since 2010.
gagalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/123/???

I've been 100% on plan, and I've gained 3 lbs in 2 weeks. I 'should have' lost 2 pounds in that time, based on what I know via record keeping. I know I'm doing what's right for me, but it's really unnerving. I'm sticking with it because I know from experience that if I give up right now, I'll re-gain a dizzying amount of weight. I'll be wishing for the days I worked so hard and the scale went up by 3 pounds.

The other thing I keep in mind is that whenever I reach goal, my weight will still fluctuate. That's something I can't prevent from happening. And there will be times when I feel like giving up because of that. It's not going to go away, ever. So I'm learning to just sit and stew in that feeling. Being able to tolerate this is part of what it's going to take to keep the weight off. It's not as exciting as seeing the scale go down, but it's just as critical.

So, imo it's okay if you can't get past this mind set. What's important is that you're able to accept it for what it is, and tolerate it. Think of it as a life long weight maintenance skill that you are honing.
vabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:42 AM   #5  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Graph time!

minus 10lbs and it was my actual weight during the time. But know that I was ALWAYS counting calories and all that during the time this graph keeps track of my weight.

My weight was up, down, stayed the same, etc. However the overall trend was DOWN.

This really helped me when I saw "gains" of 2lbs and wanted to throw the scale out the window!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:11 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hang in there! It WILL happen! I've stayed completely on plan and in fact cut back a bit and increased the intensity of my workouts, and have lost a grand total of two pounds in the last two months. ARGH.

BUT suddenly I can tell a huge difference in my SIZE and everyone else is commenting on it... and I am wearing a smaller size pants.

The scale just does not always tell us a true representation of what is going on in our bodies. If you are staying on plan something IS happening.

I think for most of us (certainly for me at least) when we hit these big plateaus on the scale, that is when we tend to give up and then start gaining back the weight. But if we just hang in there through them, we will make it.

Keep going!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 280/255/Healthy, Happy, Strong

Height: 5'7"

How many pounds are we talking about? If it only a few I wouldn't about it at all. It seems very normal for out body to fluctuate back and forth a few pounds. Are you weighing yourself at the same time of day and under the same conditions? This can also account for a more marked change.

Fluctuations are normal. Just keep on track. You can do this!
Renwomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #8  

Height: 5'2"

Always have at least two ways of measuring progress in your mind. Heck, if I weigh myself more than once in day, I can see up to a three pound fluctuation by evening! But over the course of a week, or two weeks, even if the scale has the same or (eep!) a higher reading, I can notice smaller waist circumference or feel my rings fit more loosely and know that I have done something right.

If I know that I am holding water weight, my go-to remedy is lemon juice and ice water. Getting plenty of hydration helps to move your kidneys to let go of extra water, and lemon juice is a natural diuretic.
HelloNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:13 PM   #9  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Graphing has been a life-saver, I highly recommend it!
Keep at it, stay on plan and you'll see success!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:57 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/213/140

Height: 5'5

You've already lost 28 lbs. That itself is AMAZING!!! Focus your wins, not your losses! Weight fluctuates all the time! You're already on a great start! You're already 28 lbs down in your weight loss. NOTHING can stop you! Keep up the amazing work.
mellyymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:25 PM   #11  
babybat

You all really helped me get through this and figure it out, I know I was being silly but I couldn't help it...thank you. I'm still OP and not going anywhere anytime soon
Old 02-03-2013, 04:59 AM   #12  
Mistress Of My Destiny

S/C/G: 355/219/159

Height: 5ft 5.5

There is one common theme to all the answers I have read here and I completely agree with the...There are many reasons why we can stay on plan, do everything that we are supposed to do, things that we have done in the past and lost weight but for some reason unbeknown to us all, we stay the same weight or god forbid, even gain a few pounds. Our weight can fluctuate from hour to hour and I completely agree it is devastating to see the scale go up when we are totally expecting to see it fall.

There is however one thing I can guarantee if you get disheartened and give up, the scale will continue to go up and up and before you know it you will be back where you started from
Carry on doing exactly what you are doing and the weight will eventually come off.....Like Gagalu who posted above, I too have been doing this since 2010 and am so far down 136lbs....last week in particular I did everything I was supposed to do just as I have always done and expected a good loss, I saw a 1lb gain I have no explanation as to why I gained but I have just taken it on the chin and got on with it, that weigh in is now in the past and I can't change it I can only look forward to next week and continue to do what needs to be done.

Just hang in there you will get there and trust me it is well worth the wait and all the effort
Posy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:53 PM   #13  
babybat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posy View Post
There is one common theme to all the answers I have read here and I completely agree with the...There are many reasons why we can stay on plan, do everything that we are supposed to do, things that we have done in the past and lost weight but for some reason unbeknown to us all, we stay the same weight or god forbid, even gain a few pounds. Our weight can fluctuate from hour to hour and I completely agree it is devastating to see the scale go up when we are totally expecting to see it fall.

There is however one thing I can guarantee if you get disheartened and give up, the scale will continue to go up and up and before you know it you will be back where you started from
Carry on doing exactly what you are doing and the weight will eventually come off.....Like Gagalu who posted above, I too have been doing this since 2010 and am so far down 136lbs....last week in particular I did everything I was supposed to do just as I have always done and expected a good loss, I saw a 1lb gain I have no explanation as to why I gained but I have just taken it on the chin and got on with it, that weigh in is now in the past and I can't change it I can only look forward to next week and continue to do what needs to be done.

Just hang in there you will get there and trust me it is well worth the wait and all the effort
thats the best advice I can take, thank you.