Old 02-01-2013, 04:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/174/160

Height: 5' 5''

Default MRC February 2013

Hello all! Thought we could start a new thread this month for oldies and newbies alike. So, here's to a fat-free February! Today's weigh in makes my totals -19 pounds in 19 days! I'm loving the plan, and it is so easy to stick to! Thankful it has been brought into my life....actually I guess I should thank myself for making the commitment to walk in the door of the center Jan. 7! I continue to appreciate those of you who are maintaining and still check in here to share what you know with us. That information and support is invaluable!

Last edited by peg51; 02-01-2013 at 04:10 PM.
peg51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 184.7/TICKER->/145

Height: 5'5"

Thank you for starting!

BIG DAY tomorrow www.thecolorrun.com
Im nervous and excited! Its not timed and all for fun so we'll see.

Weighed in the AM at home and called in.. IM DOWN! 1.5lbs phew
Plateau bye bye
konacoral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 229/210.5/178/145

Height: 5'3"

Talking New to site

Hi ~
I'm new to this site, but have been doing MRC for about 3.5 months. I'm working hard to lose some weight and have hit some snags along the way, but am trying to stay positive.

I am currently trying to exchange more expensive diet pills from MRC with less expensive ones. Any ideas?

Thank you!
Ntvangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:47 PM   #4  

End of week 3 for me. Pre-conditioning loss of 2.5lbs, 1st real week lost 2 more lbs, 2nd week GAINED .5lbs. She did my diagnostics and apparently I've only lose .3%body fat I'm really discouraged with all of this, but trying to stick with it for the 17 weeks I paid for.
corisimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 206/183/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone-
My weigh in today was better than I thought it would be. Down another 3.5lbs! That makes 23lbs and 22 inches total! WooHoo!
mama22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 226/214/140

Height: 5'6

I joined 1/14/13, lost 5.5 lbs the first week or so. Went back yesterday and had gained 1.5 lbs! I don't really know how I could have gained, did not cheat at all. According to counselor I had lost on BMI, few inches, etc. Still depressing but I'll carry on.
Dcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:25 AM   #7  

Default Protein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcar View Post
I joined 1/14/13, lost 5.5 lbs the first week or so. Went back yesterday and had gained 1.5 lbs! I don't really know how I could have gained, did not cheat at all. According to counselor I had lost on BMI, few inches, etc. Still depressing but I'll carry on.
So sorry you are discouraged! I felt the same way last week over about a five or six day period. I had eaten completely on plan, but was not losing. I finally realized that I wasn't eating ENOUGH protein and veggies. We eat out a lot, and most restaurants do not have a large enough portion of meat in their entrees. I started supplementing my protein intake with a few extra slices of deli turkey, chicken, etc. and it made a huge difference by just adding a few extra ounces of protein. This may not apply to you, but I wanted to share. I thought eating "less" than the required would be ok, but it didn't work that way.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:28 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntvangel View Post
Hi ~
I'm new to this site, but have been doing MRC for about 3.5 months. I'm working hard to lose some weight and have hit some snags along the way, but am trying to stay positive.

I am currently trying to exchange more expensive diet pills from MRC with less expensive ones. Any ideas?

Thank you!
I don't take many of the supplements, but I can tell you that the EFA (Essential Fatty Acids) can be bought anywhere in the form of fish oil tablets. Those have helped me a lot in keeping my digestive system running on track
Old 02-02-2013, 01:43 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 229/210.5/178/145

Default Progress

I have been taking tons of supplements and have not been losing very quickly. I took the hormone test and it told me that all of my hormones are out of whack. Which I knew because I've been cranky for years now.

I did find that KLB5 can substitute for the MRC-6, and 7-Keto can be found online much cheaper than through MRC. They have put me on a sublingual B12 complex, glucose pills, a hormone balancing cream and iodine.

So many pills. I hate taking them, but I thought I would stick it out if it was really going to make a difference.

I also went to the health food store and found out how to check your thyroid without paying a fortune at the doctors office. I've had it checked by them twice and they say it's fine, but I think it's not.
Ntvangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:23 PM   #10  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Hi ~

Yes - STAY POSITIVE! You can't have total control over the scale - you can only make the right choices and stay the course. This program WORKS! And when you're at the end and look back, you'll realize it works FAST. I know it doesn't feel like that now, but stick with it. A positive attitude goes a long way in a weight loss journey (negative = stress = weight gain).

I did my program without any of the extra pills. The only ones required were the fish oils and a multi-vitamin, both of which I purchase in bulk at Costco.

Quote:
... I took the hormone test and it told me that all of my hormones are out of whack...
Would love to hear if anybody took the hormone test and WASN'T told that? Just curious...

Keep up the good work everyone!
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:25 PM   #11  
Not giving up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcar View Post
This happens all the time. It is depressing isn't it? I never cheated my whole 17 week journey. Hang in there and keep going - it's worth it!
Old 02-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #12  
Not giving up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corisimo View Post
End of week 3 for me. Pre-conditioning loss of 2.5lbs, 1st real week lost 2 more lbs, 2nd week GAINED .5lbs. She did my diagnostics and apparently I've only lose .3%body fat I'm really discouraged with all of this, but trying to stick with it for the 17 weeks I paid for.
Aw shucks. Don't worry about that little gain - that's considered maintaining. I know you probably don't feel like you stuck to plan and did all that work just to maintain, but it all evens out in the long run. It really does. Please, please don't give up - work those 17 weeks and at the end you'll be so grateful you did. I know I am!
Old 02-02-2013, 02:50 PM   #13  
Not giving up!

peg51, konacoral, mama22, so fun to hear your enthusiasm coming through on your posts. Keep up the good work!

I'm about to finish up week three of stabilization. Down another pound at weigh-in yesterday. My husband loves, loves, loves my new body, but I'm struggling a bit with my self-image. I don't want the weight back, mind you! Just keeping it real.

Had my yearly exam and the nurse measured me and I'm actually 5'8". I've been shorting myself an inch all this time! Too funny. I've always suspected but never confirmed it. Anyway, the center will do one last body comp when I finish stabilization and it will be interesting to see if that extra inch will do anything to the numbers.

Tortilla pizza for lunch today from the cookbook - using the turkey sausage on top also from the cookbook. Gonna go pop it in the toaster oven now. Eating like this is not dieting - it's too good. So grateful for yummy, wholesome, fresh food to fuel my body.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:20 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 222/(see ticker)/155

I had a 100% on plan day and I tracked it all in MyFitnessPal. Yay me!
meazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:51 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 226/214/140

Height: 5'6

Thanks everyone for encouragement!
Dcar is offline   Reply With Quote