Old 02-01-2013, 12:08 PM   #1  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Cool Christian Encouragers ~ FEBRUARY 2013

Welcome Friends
--------------------------

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support.
This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....
....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvelous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit
to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a
beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great
and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:12 PM   #2  
Rosebud

NOTE: I just noticed that today is the 1st day of FEBRUARY 2013, so I decided to start a new thread for this month. I am reposting today's post here for that reason too ...

to our latest NEWBIES ~ glad you found us over here and decided to join us for a chat. We look forward to getting to know you both.

ROO ~ sounds like you have had great success; reaching your goal already. Now the other half of the equation is maintaining that healthier lifestyle (I am there with you on that now too).

NATALIE ~ congrats on finishing your course; hope you find the right job for you soon (yes, in GOD's timing; He knows best).

BOOTSIE ~ happy that your big gatheriing went so well for you. You're a busy girl as always. Good luck with that inventory. You are in our thoughts and prayers always ...

SYGIRL ~ you sound excited about your next educational journey; glad things are working out for you. Best wishes for a successful year coming up. Congrats on that one lb; and have fun on your anniversary trip. Sounds like things are busy at your church these days.

BARGOO ~ yes, I am feeling better each day. Am practicing walking around the main floor. Soon we will venture out for a shopping trip; one place we will be going to has some motorized carts/scooters so I won't get too tired as the store is mega-sized. Yes, it is a good idea not to throw everything away and I will be keeping a few things too.

HI NELLY ~ nice to see you drop by for a visit, even if it was short and sweet!

GARY ~ we are hoping and praying for good news for you & yours; hope you are feeling well this week ...

Called and arranged to have the chemo sessions set for Owen Sound as it is only 1 hour away from here -- it is the handiest and closest place of the 3 options he offered me. Now I just wait for the pertinent info and dates.

I am having some soup for lunch today; my eating is good and the flu has almost totally abated now (just a few sniffles). Some say this one has symptoms that can linger as long as 8/9 weeks; I pray not (my sis still has a bit of a cough yet though, but she is much better too). We spent yesterday morning giving the place a really good cleaning now that the workers have finally left. I did the dusting & organizing; and cleaning of the kitchen (wiping down the cupboards and applicances) -- all the small, easy jobs. I try to do a bit each day to increase my strength and flexibility ...

We have lovely here today, but with colder temps. DH and BIL are gone on an errand and shopping trip, so us ladies are here holding down the fort. It is so quiet and peaceful here; we love it! Have a fantastic Friday everyone ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 02-01-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:20 PM   #3  
Onward & Downward

I wondered how the new threads worked around here, lol. I guess the first person to notice just does it?

Thanks for the welcome Rosebud and others who posted recently on the other thread.

Welcome Roo2. Jump in and post more often.

Well guess I'd better try to get myself motivated to exercise and do other stuff around here today. Hope you all have a blessed day.
LuvCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #4  
Rosebud

Quote:
I wondered how the new threads worked around here, lol. I guess the first person to notice just does it?

YES, that is exactly how it works around here; anyone can pitch in and help! You have a wonderful day too ...
Old 02-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #5  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

oooops! I forgot to check for Feb. and had posted this on the Jan. thread!

Welcome to our newbies and hello to everyone else too! Sounds like things are looking up for most everyone-our God is so good to us!

DS3 & I were in town today. Of course, he had school classes at the ps for a couple hours and I had PT, which is starting to help a lot. Keeping up with the exercises at home helps the pain and they also sent a neck traction device home with me to use as needed. I have a very nice, Christian therapist and we have a fun time! Then, we did our grocery shopping and some for Mom too, as she's had a stomach flu for a couple days now. She has found out that she can no longer eat wheat at all. She had a couple saltines to try to calm her stomach and became very anxious and nervous. We've done much more research and found that there are many studies showing a link between wheat allergy and manic depression and schizophrenia. She's been off her meds for over 3 months now and has NO symptoms unless she eats something with wheat in it. I'm so glad God allowed me to have the wheat allergy, so I'd be doing research and finding out how to help my mom-we had lived with her mental health issues my entire life and it's so nice to have a normal mom now!

Well, DH has to do a midnight to 6 am half-shift tonight because one of the guys is sick, so he's resting before he has to go in. And, DS3 has a busy evening tomorrow...weight lifting for soccer team in the morning, worship team practice in the evening (he's playing lead guitar Sunday morning), then a dance at the school after that! My shy son has become one of the most popular kids! Amazing how things change....funniest thing is that he says all the kids think we're the coolest parents, because we teach him stuff and take him places! I just laugh, because I was THE least cool girl at my high school and college

Hope you all have a nice weekend! I'll be checking in, of course, because that GAME might be on, but I won't be watching very closely
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #6  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Hello everyone
Thanks for the nice warm welcome,Roo2
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:16 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Newbies. Glad to have you here.

Sorry I missed being here the past few days. Enternet went out because of a storm that blew through here and had to have provider come in to fix it. He had to replace something on it.

Having back ad neck pain which I think is caused by all the work I've been doing to get my house back to normal now that the kids have moved bak to FL. Also getting things together so DH can do our income tax before he goes for surgery. I usually am more organized but haven't been for the past year. I am changing that this year. Already got things set up so that I'm organized this year.

I haven't been doing really good with my eating but going to get better organized with that too.

Praying for everyone and pray we all have a nice week end.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:39 PM   #8  
Rosebud

Gee, everyone must be busy this week (myself included). I have to go for my CT Scan on Thursday @ 2 pm; should go OK as long as we have good weather to the hospital. At least I can have breakfast before I go, then a 4 hour fast til the test; not too bad. Then I see the doctor (oncologist) exactly one week later to discuss the results and when the chemo starts. The date of the CT scan was changed, so things will be delayed a bit now.

We've had milder weather here lately. Hope the road are good this week, as my sister & BIL have a trip to Guelph over the next two day. My brother is coming over to stay with us. Poor guy -- his other knee is really getting bad; so they are arranging a surgery soon to see if they can fix it without replacing it. I surely hope so, as he has suffered with this for so many years. When we find out the date of the surgery, I'll put it in the PRAYER WARRIOR'S THREAD. I'll be doing the cooking the next two days, so he can keep his leg up.

I have been doing some walking around here each day; and trying to help out with little odd jobs, plus some cooking & baking this week. My sister says that my walking is improving a lot. Have to still take it easy in between though. Tomorrow will be a lighter day, I think.

Hope you are all well out there; take good care ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 02-11-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:24 AM   #9  
wishin' for sun!

Rosebud-will keep you in my prayers for the CT tomorrow and waiting for results. I'm so glad you're doing so well! Healing takes time, so don't worry about the slower days--you need them to re-energize.

We've just not had much going on here. Snow and ice, so didn't even get to church on Sunday again. Finally got our taxes completed, plus DS2's. And, finished up DH's resume and cover letter. He's applying for a job back in MN. Neither of us are sure whether it's the best thing to do, but the only way to find out what God's plan is is to apply and see if he gets offered the job. I'm afraid that he'll have a heart attack with all the stress from this workplace. Hard to believe that, after 27 years with this company, he'd even have to consider leaving, especially due to harassment, bad ethics in management, and hostile workplace. Don't know what they're teaching in business colleges now, but it sure isn't helping in the workplace. Sad, sorry state of affairs here, that's for sure.

Well, must go accomplish something......but, not sure what God bless you all!
Old 02-13-2013, 11:17 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Rosebud, I will be praying for you tomorrow and for good results from your CT scan. Praying for your family members as well.
Ronni, praying for DH job situation.
Trish, praying that your husband will have a successful surgery.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:55 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Rosebud Prayers continue for your CT scan and treatments.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:48 PM   #12  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Pprayers for all my gals here!

My surgery date has been established. Feb. 25 at 3pm.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:51 PM   #13  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Blessed Ash Wednesday :-)
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:07 PM   #14  
Rosebud

THANKS, EVERYONE -- sure appreciate all your prayers and support during this time ...

GARY -- thanks for the surgery update; will keep this date, along with you & your family & your surgical team in our prayers continually ...

RONNI -- THANKS, praying for your DH and you, concerning this new job opportunity and your future ...
Old 02-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #15  
wishin' for sun!

Hi, everyone! Glad to hear about Gary's surgery date....keeping you in my prayers daily DH had an interesting day yesterday. He had to go to a safety committee meeting out of town (he's the chairman of this committee and has to go every other month). So, the 2 others who rode with him are both new to the plant/company and had some very interesting things to say about the management. Seems that many are very aware of the lack of ethics and poor management, etc, that's going on here right now, so our hope is that word keeps spreading and forces someone higher up to take a REAL look into the situation. Also, one of the men came to this company from the company that's advertising for new workers (which DH is applying for). Unfortunately, DH found out that the pay is quite a bit lower, but the worst part is that there are no real benefits-only basic health insurance, no life, dental, eye care, or retirement plans of any sort, so along with a cut in pay, we'd be paying through the nose to make up the difference in losing what we've got now. DH is still going to apply as he'd like to know if they foresee any improvements to the benefits soon, but it sounds more like he's going to just wait this company out and see if 1) a transfer opportunity arises -or- 2) something is done to make a huge change in the atmosphere/ethics at his current plant. He does try to document when unethical, bad practices, or unsafe things happen, so he'll have evidence if the need arises. Such a mess he ended up in-not sure what we're to be learning from this, but, since I believe everything happens for a reason and that God is in ultimate control, I know we're to be looking for the purpose. It's just hard sometimes when you're in the middle of it and don't know the reason or how to help. Reminds me of the old saying: When you're up to your buns in alligators, it's hard to remember that the prime objective was to drain the swamp.

No big plans for today. Just continuing to do the normal house stuff, taxes (almost forgot to do DS2's!), budget, and hoping spring really does come early this year.

Happy Valentine's Day! Remember we have the best valentine of all, Who gave His life out of love for us!