Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-01-2013, 10:55 AM   #1  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Default February binge-free challenge

It's a new month an another chance to meet out binge-free goals!! As always- anyone is welcome to join in!

Today will make 7 days for me- I only binged once in January which was nothing short of a miracle... Hopefully February can be even better!!

Good luck to anyone who is tryin to conquer binge eating this month ;-)
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:08 PM   #2  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

I'm joining up on this again, it was a good way to stay accountable last month! I am starting fresh today, so far so good!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone! I haven't been here in a while but i need help with binging once again.

This may seem sort of obvious, but has anyone tried eating slower? I've tried that in the past, but never really focused on it. I wonder if it will help my binge eating, because binging is like a drug for me...i feel a bit of a high when i'm eating. If i slow down my eating, i won't get that same high...so i wonder if i can sort of detox myself from that high. Just a theory. I'll let you know if it works.
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #4  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Are you talking about during binges only or all the time?
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

All the time, but i'm hoping it will prevent a binge. When i binge, it's continuous eating as if i'm in a trance...and not necessarily eating fast, but very steadily. If i slow down, put my fork down for several seconds, maybe it will break the trance (or hopefully it won't start in the first place)
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

Hey guys!!!

I've been off the forums for a bit after travelling abroad for a couple months, but I'm on a bit of a vacay in my hometown now and am back!

I'm going to use the next two weeks I'm here to really focus on not binging.... I've come to the realization that it is a REAL PROBLEM for me. I've sort of been in denial about it for the past while, but since I've been staying at my parents' house by myself for the past few days, I've realized that I'm way out of control, actually, when I've got no restrictions preventing me from binging. Literally since the night I got here four days ago, I've been eating almost non-stop except to sleep. Eaten 13 half-gallons of ice cream and I'm not even kidding (just threw out the trash), and that's only the beginning - the rest is too difficult to count!

But enough whining...it was all my own idea, to let myself go off and binge as much as I wanted. Can't remember quite why I thought it'd be a good idea, but what's done is done!

Last edited by mottainai; 02-01-2013 at 04:24 PM.
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #7  
Make each day count!

S/C/G: 263.5/see ticker/180 for now

Well, yesterday they refilled the candy drawer at work, which would then make today day ONE (after eating WAY too many sweets yesterday I texted a friend and told her, then put "the good news is that I won't be tempted Friday cause all the good candy is gone now". Grrr why?!!) . My first goal is going to be 14days.

DAY ONE OF 14
mccull83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:49 PM   #8  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

not off to a very good start... I guess I'll try again tomorrow... feeling pretty blue about it- I don't even know WHY I did it. The guilt and regret are setting in..

what do you guys do to feel better after a binge? I did so well in January- I was feeling overconfident I guess.

Last edited by danzingurl77; 02-01-2013 at 10:08 PM.
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/125-ish

Height: 5' 1/2"

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I'm on day 3 today. I told my dr and my husband about my problem, and its really helped me. I feel accountable now. I was able to say no to all sorts of temptations while I was running errands this morning.
CleverName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:15 AM   #10  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

At work there were so many homemade, very chewy and yummy oatmeal cookies. I had one, then two, finishing off four. Luckily, I stopped and logged it, and almost went over my daily caloric goal. I was glad I stopped, but it was soooo hard because they were delicious!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #11  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

i made it...three weeks, 21 days and it's amazing. i don't wanna jinx myself so i won't celebrate too soon haha

welcome to all newbies

surfergirl-i have a habit of eating too fast too when i'm alone but when i'm with company i eat like a civilized people lol i'm trying to eat slower and really enjoy the food but i'm always in a some kind of hurry or so hungry already that i can't wait to start eating . i remember always telling myself to chew at least 20 times before swallowing when i was younger i must try that again

mottainai- exactly, what's done is done now just pick up yourself where you left and move on. there will probably be more binges in your life but it doesn't have to be right now. i'm sorry you're going trough this, but we've all been there and i know how it feels. try to distract yourself with something, for me cleaning or reorganizing my closet (and my life ) usually helps, any kind of decluttering. and let me tell you something, after removing certain people out of my life helped me so much. about three weeks ago i deleted some "friends" from fb whom i've known for almost all my life but i was friends with them out of politeness, i distanced myself from my dysfunctional family and it feels like a great weight fell of my chest. i feel free.

mccull83- man i can't imagine a drawer full of candys but if i were in your position i would probably end up doing the same. in cases like that i ususally think of my skinny friends who can resist easily. good luck with your goal

danzigurl- i hope you're feeling better now. after binge i go shopping, tell myself that i won't do it tomorrow and reflect hard on why i did it.

clevername- admitting that you have a problem is a very huge step and very courageous. i wish you all the best with beating it.

pinkhurricane- good job on resisting those cookies! you know, moderation is the key
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:55 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 168/162/125

Height: 5'5"

Hey Danzingurl, hang in there, we're still a team! After a binge, I ignore how my body feels and remind by body how good I will feel in a day or two. We've been through this, we know it gets better. You can bounce back so much easier from one day compared to several. Hang in there!!!!!!!

Pink Huricane: I have just started doing the same thing, logging even when I binge. It shows me that if I stop and get back on track, the consequences usually aren't that bad. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

CleverName: Welcome! This is my first week. It's good to share with family and people who undestand like on this forum.

Mccull83: That's my goal, too, 14 days. I'm half way there. You can do it!

mottainai: I know for me, being in certain environments where I used to binge (like back home) is usually difficult. I try to prepare and come up with strategies before I go. I find it is usually an emotional issue that I am trying to not feel. I am learning to feel those things and deal with them and not stuff them away with food. Good luck!

Surfegirl2: I think the more we eat our "normal" meals slowly and take our time, it may help when we are faced with a binge. It's just a good habbit. However, I usually try to stop and ask "Why am I eating". If I am eating for reasons other than normal meal nourishment, it's likely to end up in a binge, so I try to not go there to begin with, because eating slow when eating form the wrong reasons is way harder. Hope that makes sense!
Carolina1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:57 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 168/162/125

Height: 5'5"

missunshine: Great news!! I am one week down, good to know it can be done!
Carolina1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #14  
Make each day count!

S/C/G: 263.5/see ticker/180 for now

Day 2 (goal is 14 days binge free) and holding strong
Good luck everyone!
mccull83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #15  
Irish dance addict

S/C/G: 145/145.4/125

Height: 5' 3"

I'm finally back as well. I haven't really been binging because I'm settling into a new condo and have a roommate now, which helps put a check on it. I've also not had much food in the house with moving and had a HORRIBLE stomach bug on Wednesday. But now that things are going to be going back towards normal...I know the binging may come back too.
atmos is offline   Reply With Quote