General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:30 PM   #1  
Wine Taster

S/C/G: OMG/WTF/WOW!

Default Can I say Weight Watchers?

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to use the diet plan title, but I don't know the names of other plans and I'm assuming that's what everyone is referring to in their thread titles.

So my question...

How does WW work? I eat all day and I just have to count points. It doesn't really make sense to me. I understand that my being more cognizant of what I eat is good, but I just don't think I understand the program fully. I had a half a whopper today and I was well-below my points for the day at the end of the day. It just doesn't make sense to me.
lllfearlesslll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:18 PM   #2  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Are you a current member of WW? You should have a calculator that tallies up the points. Everything you eat, is a point, except fruits and vegs. Everyone has a daily point goal. You are supposed to eat all your points. You also have to reach your healthy good guidelines like 5 fruits/vegs, healthy oils, dairy, exercise, etc. You also get 49 weekly points to use for special occasions/whatever. You should check out the WW forum on this site. They are really nice and helpful. The point of WW is to make calorie counting easier. You don't have to follow WW to lose weight. If doesn't make sense to you, maybe check out calorie counting or something else that does make more sense.

Last edited by Daimere; 01-31-2013 at 11:20 PM.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:16 AM   #3  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

You sure can say Weight Watchers, we just say WW for short rather than typing out the whole thing, lol. What about it do you not understand?

Daimere has given you great advice and right info. WW is really a low-calorie program that encourages healthy choices but TRULY you can eat anything you want as proven with your half whopper sandwich. The point is to try to reach your daily point target and maybe use your weeklies but not everyone can lose using some if not all of their weeklies so you will have to play with it for a while. Come on over to the WW forum if you are still interested in following the program.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:38 PM   #4  

The point of WW isn't what you eat, but how much and how healthy. I believe the points of a particular food are calculated by looking at how much fat and fiber are in the food. The more fat and the less fiber, the fewer points. When my mother did it I think she was allotted 26 points a day (and it's based on age/height/weight) and for instance, one whopper with cheese is about 21 points. So she'd naturally go for something with more fiber and less fat, because she doesn't want to eat all of her points in one go. Assuming you get around 26 points as well, you're saying that you consumed more than a third of them by eating half a sandwich. You'd have very few points left over to "spend" on anything else at the end of the day if you kept eating like that, and you'd probably be really hungry as well.
lex talionis is offline   Reply With Quote