Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-31-2013, 01:36 AM   #1  
:)

S/C/G: 275/268/200

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy Disappointment

Today was my day to weigh in and I was really disappointed to find out i lost 0 lbs this week (i didn't gain anything though so I am happy about that) but.. I must be doing something wrong. I've been counting my calories every day (1700) and walking every other day. Maybe this isn't enough? Should i eat fewer calories?
I know i have been feeling pretty stressed with my college courses right now, could that be affecting me? I made plans to meet a friend at the gym on Friday so i should get a good work out in. I'm going to try to get to the gym every day that i'm not in school. I hope next week i'll have better results...I don't want to lose my motivation..
ataraxia3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

Don't lose motivation!! Dieting was very difficult for me when I was in school, and since graduating last year I've been more focusing on weight loss, so I know where you're coming from!

It is fantastic that you haven't gained! Really it is. From the 1700 cals that you're eating are they mostly veggies/carbs/protein? I know sometimes that makes a difference too. I tend to lean more toward veggie/protein than carbs with my 1700 cals that seems to be the only way I lose weight, and my workout consists of me trying really hard to run/walk a mile a day.

I'm no expert with the weight loss since this is my first time really trying it without any tricks, but maybe try switching up foods or cals maybe? You can do this!!
hhm6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

Btw LOVE the avatar!
hhm6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I will say that staggering my calories has always been harder for me than eating a constant number, but it has also helped me lose weight (this is my second time around with 3fc- I lost about 50 pounds the first time, gained 20 back).

So: it would be something like 1500 1700 2000 1400 etc. Just make a schedule where you mix it up so your body doesn't slow down your metabolism to compensate for a constantly lower calorie intake.

Also, I'm not one to talk, and whatever you can do consistently is best, but maybe consider adding some sprints or something into your walking. I vaguely recall a long complicated explanation for a highly fitness oriented biochem friend about how a certain hormone is released when you do really intense exercise that actually speeds up your metabolism. Maybe considering doing some strength training stuff too, because muscle burns more calories just sitting there than fat does.

EDIT: Also I did a double take at the similarity of y'alls avatars and lol'd.

Last edited by Iphianassa; 01-31-2013 at 10:06 PM.
Iphianassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #5  
:)

S/C/G: 275/268/200

Height: 5'7"

@HHM6- Thanks girl I think maybe I need to incorporate some more proteins and veggies in my diet. Yesterday was my birthday so I cheated a litttttttle bit when I went out to dinner with the family, but today i'm right back on track. I'm going to make a few adjustments and I'll see how they work with the next weigh in. PS, I love your avatar tooo!!! I can't wait to get back down to a comfortable weight where I can feel confident wearing heels again. My avatar is my motivation in a way, lol

@Iphianassa - Thank you so much for the comment. I'm really curious if staggering my calories can maybe help with my weight loss too. I'm definitely willing to try that to see how it works, thank you for the suggestion
ataraxia3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:26 PM   #6  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

If your calories are accurate all you can do is keep at it. I know, from personal experience of course, how discouraging and disheartening it can be! I've had PLENTY of 0 weeks, or even weeks I GAINED, for no explainable reason. In hind sight those weeks have made NO difference in attaining my goals because those pounds were usually made up by bigger losses in later weeks. As the weeks and months pile up, some "bad" weeks won't matter.

You're doing great, keep it up!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote