Old 01-30-2013, 11:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/170.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Default ISO: Attractive, Affordable, Age-Appropriate Workout Clothes?

I know, that's a big request, isn't it? I'm having a tough time finding decent workout clothes that are attractive and fit my budget while covering my bottom!

My daily "uniform" is Old Navy yoga pants, in regular as well as capri length depending upon the weather, along with a t-shirt or tank top. I put this on first thing in the morning and am always ready to hop on the treadmill, walk at the park and and/or just putter around the house. Since I often run errands on the way to and from my workouts, I like to be comfortable but also presentable to the public!

I used to love ON's tops as well but lately the quality has really gone downhill; the fabric is so thin and the fit isn't what it used to be. A lot of the traditional workout wear seems more suited for someone younger or at least much thinner - I'm not about to wear tiny tummy-baring tanks or baby doll tees at my age!

I bought some cheap Hanes t-shirts at Wal-Mart, in assorted colors, but they tend to hang strangely, and even though I'm not at goal weight I don't want to look like a sack of potatoes!

Can anyone suggest some nice, scoop or v-neck t-shirts that hold up well and are flattering to curvy gals? Oh, and if the price tag doesn't break the bank that would be most appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance!
vegangypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:09 PM   #2  

I have some LL Bean workout pants that I wear with their cotton shirts. The shirts aren't made for specifically working out but that's what I use them for. The price was right and turns out they are so comfy! They have a nice shape to them and are thicker than a plain ol' tshirt (and they are generous enough to cover my butt if I have to bend down to tie my shoes!). I got them all at the outlets so the colors might not be what you want exactly but I tend to get as dark as I can so you can't see the sweat! Plus no one really sees them anyways except my DH.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:27 PM   #3  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Do you have a TJMaxx near you? They tend to have a lot of exercise tanks in the $15 range. You may want to check there.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

I love Fila workout clothes, and they are often on sale at Kohl's (plus there are always coupons). Great fit and pretty flattering.
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 193/176/130

Height: 5'8

Forever 21
ilovemo is offline   Reply With Quote