Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-31-2013, 11:28 AM   #1  

Default Stuck in an exercise rut??

Hi there,
I was new to the exercise scene so I started doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD in May 2012, and received amazing results from it! Although I am at a healthy weight, I still have quite a way to go!

I also have No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism which are pushing me hard but I am seeing no results! I haven't had many changes to my measurements since September time.

I recently doubled my dumbbell/handweight weight do you think this will help me see results? Or should I start doing something new? and if I should do something new, what type of exercise should I do instead?

Thankyou in advance for your help!!
CEG260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:33 AM   #2  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Are you also following a healthy diet? Its likely that your muscles are becoming more toned but you not be losing weight due to your diet. The only way to lose weight it to consume less calories than you burn.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:36 AM   #3  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Mixing it up is always the best. I go to the gym. I will do one type of class for awhile, tire of it and then do something else, then something else and then maybe I'll come back to the first. Mixing it up shocks the body too - the muscles get trained (muscle memory) if you do the same things all the time. If you constantly change it up, it's more likely to get stronger.

And of course, diet is the biggest difference in success. If you eat too much, it doesn't matter how much exercise you do if you are still out eating the exercise.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:36 AM   #4  

Yes I am watching what I eat and am trying to eat mostly clean foods! It's most definitely worked I just think my results are slowing and whether my body is just not being challenged enough anymore and what I should do as an alternative
Old 01-31-2013, 11:37 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Mixing it up is always the best. I go to the gym. I will do one type of class for awhile, tire of it and then do something else, then something else and then maybe I'll come back to the first. Mixing it up shocks the body too - the muscles get trained (muscle memory) if you do the same things all the time. If you constantly change it up, it's more likely to get stronger.

And of course, diet is the biggest difference in success. If you eat too much, it doesn't matter how much exercise you do if you are still out eating the exercise.
Yeah that's what I think might be happening! Any suggestion as an alternative that would boost my results?
Old 01-31-2013, 12:41 PM   #6  
Determined

S/C/G: 227/207/125

Height: 5' 4''

If you are looking at toning programs I keep hearing great things about p90x. I have not tried it myself but am very much looking forward to it when I get down around the 150 pound range. One of my closest friends is now on her third round. She does it about once a year and really looks great. She has had 8 children so that is a huge accomplishment!
Devoncroix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

I envy you. Every time I switch to a new Jillian Michael's program she kills me anew. I just started her Body Revolution and like it. I never do just one program, but mix it up and definitely still see a lot of improvement in muscle tone. But maybe you are just as toned as you can get and, as others pointed out, a layer of fat may hide the results. Besides going to more intense workouts like P90X, you may also consider weight lifting if you want to get more definition.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote